ADVERTISEMENT

Early signing day thread....Steele announcement

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Well its finally here - the day you get the big majority of the class now.

Hopefully there is a nice surprise or two on the good side and none on the bad side.

Georgia just got QB Mathis over OSU I think. I wonder if he is sporting a new expensive ride also.

We will end up with Steele so we will have a decent close to the class. As for Sanders, anyone who doesn’t think UGA is cheating their ass off is blind. Kirby learned from Saban who has tons of bagmen in his corner. Just because then NCAA is inept and turns a blind eye doesn’t mean they aren’t blatantly cheating. Kirby is literally recruiting better than any coach in the history of the game, and it’s not even close. Let’s be honest about what’s going on in Athens.

DuysXR5XgAADQ8q.jpg

4* OL Hammond from Lakeland to UF! Another huge pickup along the oline.

I don't understand how Zipperer and Hammond are only 4 star rated, when Zip is the #1 rated TE-H back in the country and Hammond is the #2 rated OG in the country. Shouldn't that qualify as 5 star? Great gets regardless.

I don't understand how Zipperer and Hammond are only 4 star rated, when Zip is the #1 rated TE-H back in the country and Hammond is the #2 rated OG in the country. Shouldn't that qualify as 5 star? Great gets regardless.

Are most ranked at Tackle?

Any chance we beat GA/Bama out for Trey Sanders or does he have a brand new flashy ride now also?

Dontae Lucas has a little buzz he may switch possibly.

Last edited:
Steele will be a Gator and is a 5 star so that alone will move Florida close to top 10 range. If Florida wasn’t competing with no moneybag programs Georgia and Alabama Sanders would be a Gator as well.

Steele will be a Gator and is a 5 star so that alone will move Florida close to top 10 range. If Florida wasn’t competing with no moneybag programs Georgia and Alabama Sanders would be a Gator as well.

I will give Mullen some props if he gets us out of the teens after the start - even if it was # 12.

I don't look at this stuff as close as some others but we appear to have at least got the needed positions covered mostly except we need another big DT at least I would say.

Reactions: sadgator

Those aren’t positions that typically rate highly. High stars at comparable positions go to tackles and receivers. Same reason you never see a 5-star kicker even though it’s extremely important. That’s why filling needs and not just looking at rankings are important. Even though rankings matter obviously.

Reactions: sadgator
So far, all 9 projected EE's have signed.

ESD total now at 20 -- 12 Off - 7 Def - 1 FS/WR both/either?

Biggest Needs:
7 OL
3 LB
2 CB
1 QB
20 already signed, plus adding to those numbers on or before NSD.

Just as I said earlier, a BANNER ESD, with few open spots remaining. ;)

Those aren’t positions that typically rate highly. High stars at comparable positions go to tackles and receivers. Same reason you never see a 5-star kicker even though it’s extremely important. That’s why filling needs and not just looking at rankings are important. Even though rankings matter obviously.
Bingo. You are 100% correct.

Zipperer is a stud

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT