ADVERTISEMENT

Deandre Johnson interview

If that's an issue for you, I recommend you scroll back up where I discussed the actual interview and my thoughts on what was "actually" said by Johnson as well as my thoughts on whether or not he's lying. If not, please continue with your blanket statements. ;)

And then you go right to the straw man deflection....carry on RRT

How is what DJ said "Hearsay?" It's not a second hand account, it's firsthand. Now, as Bay has stated, he may be lying, but if witnesses (or a lip reading expert) can corroborate his testimony, that will likely go strongly in DJ's favor in regards to punishment. Again, it's still not an excuse to hit her, it just helps build DJ's case that this was a situation of emotions gone awry (a mistake); not some punk kid looking to exhort his power over a woman. (IMO)

Hearsay is called "second-hand" evidence. It usually involves a witness testifying not about what he or she personally saw or heard, but to establish as a fact

Thanks for clarifying. Let's then call it self-serving.

A self-serving declaration refers to a statement made by a party in his/ her own interest at some place and time out of court. It does not include testimony which the party gives as a witness at the trial.

Self-serving declarations are hearsay. “The purpose of the rule rendering hearsay evidence inadmissible is to prevent manufacturing evidence; hence self-serving declarations are excluded by courts”. [Hill v. Talbert, 210 Ark. 866 (Ark. 1946)]

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/self-serving-declaration/

So correcting another posters incorrect statement regarding Hearsay is "strawman" deflection?

Do you make these rules up as you go along or are you reading from some Gator Manifesto we RRT members aren't privy to??

Here is post #2 in this thread, by you:

"really, shime? UF players don't go to bars in Gainesville? Really? That's your schtick now?"

And then you go on to talk about Tebow and an incident in a bar....and this is related to Cook and his incident how?

Thanks for clarifying. Let's then call it self-serving.

A self-serving declaration refers to a statement made by a party in his/ her own interest at some place and time out of court. It does not include testimony which the party gives as a witness at the trial.

Self-serving declarations are hearsay. “The purpose of the rule rendering hearsay evidence inadmissible is to prevent manufacturing evidence; hence self-serving declarations are excluded by courts”. [Hill v. Talbert, 210 Ark. 866 (Ark. 1946)]

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/self-serving-declaration/

I guess for me it boils down to:

A. The information regarding the racial slur came out during testimony regarding the events that transpired and is being used as nothing more than facts about the case or.

B. The information regarding the racial slur is being used as justification for him to strike the woman.

Based on his GMA interview it would appear its the former as he (without hesitation) said. "It doesn't matter. I should have raised my hand to her, I should have walked away."

Now wait a minute.....came out during testimony or in news reports? Johnson and his lawyer have made those statements publicly, including to media outlets, but that's not the same as statements made on the stand or in a deposition......under oath.

I guess for me.....and trying to set aside that he is/was a player at FSU....it boils down to a young man inflicted physical harm on a young female...purposefully. But even that wasnt enough. Now comes the additional, unsubstantiated accusation that he and his attorney know is going to receive a sympathetic ear in some quarters. The first action did not speak well of his decision-making or character. The second does not either.

Is it possible a racial slur was said? Sure. Do I find it likely or probable? No. Just too convenient. I think this was floated in part to see if a witness to the slur could suddenly be manufactured.

As for the young lady, now she's had her character impugned (further impugned?) on top of the facial injuries.

Now wait a minute.....came out during testimony or in news reports? Johnson and his lawyer have made those statements publicly, including to media outlets, but that's not the same as statements made on the stand or in a deposition......under oath.

I guess for me.....and trying to set aside that he is/was a player at FSU....it boils down to a young man inflicted physical harm on a young female...purposefully. But even that wasnt enough. Now comes the additional, unsubstantiated accusation that he and his attorney know is going to receive a sympathetic ear in some quarters. The first action did not speak well of his decision-making or character. The second does not either.

Is it possible a racial slur was said? Sure. Do I find it likely or probable? No. Just too convenient. I think this was floated in part to see if a witness to the slur could suddenly be manufactured.

As for the young lady, now she's had her character impugned (further impugned?) on top of the facial injuries.

This was released by his attorney (and understandably so), but not used by Johnson to justify his actions. Again, when asked, "What happened?" what was Johnson supposed to say? "I just hit her because I felt like it?" Hitting a woman is taboo; however, hitting a woman in retaliation (not self defense) is different than just hitting a woman because you're an a$$hat. Do you agree or disagree?

Every poster in this thread is 100% certain they would have walked away after the following:

- Alleged comment, “Get off me, you f****** n*****!"
- Shove (with balled fist)
- Knee to groin
- Punch to the face

I too would love to believe I would have walked away from that (it's how I was raised, after-all), but I've never been in the situation and I'm not black (white racial slurs just don't mean the same).

Again, this will come down to either he's lying or he's not. If he's lying he's a huge douche canoe. If he's telling the truth, then it's easier to empathize with his situation, still recognizing he should have been the bigger person by walking away, and wish him all the best as he works towards earning a second chance somewhere else.

Sadly, I doubt anyone heard anything at that bar and it will come down to a he said/she said (if she denies it). Just look around them...no one seemed to give to farts about what transpired until a woman came in from off screen after it was over.

Last edited:
Who did? Maybe I missed that, but refresh my memory.

You just got to toss those red herring around, don't you?

Gator: "No one at the bar has said they heard a racial slur so he's lying"

Nole: "No one at the bar has said they didn't hear a racial slur either"

Gator: "You just got to toss those red herring around, don't you"

Nole: Smh

Gator: "No one at the bar has said they heard a racial slur so he's lying"

Nole: "No one at the bar has said they didn't hear a racial slur either"

Gator: "You just got to toss those red herring around, don't you"

Nole: Smh
LOL, dude you should be a lawyer with the way you try to twist words and imagine things up out of thin air. This is yet another reach like the bots. If it's true that no one has said they heard a slur, then it stands to reason as far as they know, one wasn't uttered.

Sadly, I doubt anyone heard anything at that bar and it will come down to a he said/she said (if she denies it). Just look around them...so one seemed to give to farts about what transpired until a woman came in from off screen after it was over.
Sad.....but cant say surprising.

Have seen and heard news reports where witnesses are using their phones to record but no one bothers to actually intervene.

LOL, dude you should be a lawyer with the way you try to twist words and imagine things up out of thin air. This is yet another reach like the bots. If it's true that no one has said they heard a slur, then it stands to reason as far as they know, one wasn't uttered.

The point is Passover, the reason I said no one has said the slur didn't happen is because we hadn't heard a word from any of the witnesses!! None of their statements has been made public. He's acting like since no one has confirmed it was said that means it's not true. That's very misleading since none of the witnesses has made statements that have been public.

The point is Passover, the reason I said no one has said the slur didn't happen is because we hadn't heard a word from any of the witnesses!! None of their statements has been made public. He's acting like since no one has confirmed it was said that means it's not true. That's very misleading since none of the witnesses has made statements that have been public.
We heard you stopped beating your wife, because we have not heard anything about it from any witness..

He might be a better pick than Patel!

We heard you stopped beating your wife, because we have not heard anything about it from any witness..

Try again dude, this doesn't even makes sense. You have someone saying since a witness hasn't come forward to corroborate the alleged racial slur then that means it didn't happen. I said no one has said the slur didn't happen either since we have not heard from any of the witnesses. And then you post this gem.

Last edited:
Why are you so positive she didn't say it?? Not that it would excuse his actions but why are you so sure she didn't say it??

Ever heard the story of the boy that cried wolf?? There might have actually been a wolf there the last time, but he screamed it so much it kinda lost its flavor. That's what people think when they hear the race card being thrown around.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
A lawyer Lmao, maybe a minimum wage Wal-Mart greeter

Go Canes!
More like mentally challenged

Love when people trot out the arrest numbers as if all arrests are equal. Physical/sexual abuse of women and leaving the scene of an accident where there are injuries are not the same as having weed in your car or underage drinking. This is not to say that the Gators haven't had their share of issues in the past but come on. Would you rather your son have 3 marijuana possession arrests or 1 rape arrest? Correct answer is neither but just illustrating my point that numbers don't tell the whole story

Ever heard the story of the boy that cried wolf?? There might have actually been a wolf there the last time, but he screamed it so much it kinda lost its flavor. That's what people think when they hear the race card being thrown around.

Or when noles utter "he's innocent".

Try again dude, this doesn't even makes sense. .

Neither does your example. One person has said a racial slur occurred. One person. That is the accused. Is that not telling? Or does your reflexive inner sycophant not let you see that?

My goodness. danoleman continues to reinforce every FSU fan stereotype.

Neither does your example. One person has said a racial slur occurred. One person. That is the accused. Is that not telling? Or does your reflexive inner sycophant not let you see that?

MJ, he's a slant Simpleton on welfare he doesn't get it.

The closest he's been to f$U is the circcus.

Go Canes!

And you certainly are not pretending to not understand very simple things. Do you know why not one person have come forward?? Because none, let me repeat, none of the witness testimony have been made public. You have no idea what witnesses have said or didn't say. You won't know until their statements are released. Do you really not understand this??

And you certainly are not pretending to not understand very simple things. Do you know why not one person have come forward?? Because none, let me repeat, none of the witness testimony have been made public. You have no idea what witnesses have said or didn't say. You won't know until their statements are released. Do you really not understand this??
:lol:

You mean other than Cook? But let's suppose this is true. Yet YOU are the one saying no one else has come forward saying there was no racial slur. As evidence that none occurred.

Damn boy, you get yourself all tangled up

:lol:

You mean other than Cook? But let's suppose this is true. Yet YOU are the one saying no one else has come forward saying there was no racial slur. As evidence that none occurred.

Damn boy, you get yourself all tangled up

For Gods sakes MJ are you really trolling because now it's just sad. You do realize a gator started this whole "it can't be true because no one has come forward". I was calling him out because that is absolutely ridiculous. I can't help but smh at your comments.

You do realize a gator started this whole "it can't be true because no one has come forward".

STFU. I'm who you're talking about.

Is "getting it right" even remotely important to you?

You didn't even come close to paraphrasing what I said much less accurately quoting me.

No one is ever going to take you seriously if you're going to play that fast and loose with people's words...I cannot believe you actually put quotes around YOUR BS and expected YOUR BS wouldn't be noticed.

STFU. I'm who you're talking about.

Is "getting it right" even remotely important to you?

You didn't even come close to paraphrasing what I said much less accurately quoting me.

No one is ever going to take you seriously if you're going to play that fast and loose with people's words...I cannot believe you actually put quotes around YOUR BS and expected YOUR BS wouldn't be noticed.

Your words tough guy:

"Who believes she made a racial slur and who believes he's lying?

Anyone find it interesting that NO one at that bar corroborated this alleged racial slur?"

But I'm not "remotely" close.

Your words tough guy:

"Who believes she made a racial slur and who believes he's lying?

Anyone find it interesting that NO one at that bar corroborated this alleged racial slur?"

But I'm not "remotely" close.
No. Your. quote. is. not. even. close.

1. I don't know if she called him a racial slur or not, it's clear she yelled something, but I can't make out what it was.

2. If she did say it, it still doesn't mean he shouldn't have shown restraint, BUT it does make him look a little less evil. You get called an F**** N****!, then pushed, kneed and punched before retaliating is much better than just hauling off and punching a woman unprovoked. It will help his case for it being an emotional mistake and him getting a 2nd chance.

3. If she didn't say it and he made it up, he's a huge douche canoe and have zero sympathy for his plight.

4. Watching the video back, I don't know what witnesses would have heard anything as it appeared no one even cared about the events that transpired--bartender and bystanders seemed to carry on as though nothing happened. So, as I stated before, it may be a he said/she said type event. If no witnesses can confirm/deny it would be in her best interest to maintain she did not say it.

5. I'm not sure why there is so much discussion about whether it was said or not because witness statements have not been available to the public (that I'm aware of), so it's a silly debate at this point.

And if you know that no witnesses are going to corroborate your allegation of a racial slur, it's better to back away from it. Oh, wait....

So, you're outside, walking along at a public park...it's an early Sunday morning and no on is around except for one person who is approaching you. This person stiff shoulders you as they walk by and says, "Get outta my way you f*** n***!" You respond with an, "Excuse me!" and the person turns around punches you, then a scuffle ensues. Fortunately, a police officer hears the altercation quickly intervenes.

When asked, "Okay, what happened?" You're telling me you won't mention the racial slur because there was no one around to corroborate it?

--------------
As for her, of course honesty by both parties is best, but do you really think she'll "fess up" if no one heard anything one way or another? It completely benefits him to speak up and has the opposite affect for her (would you agree?)

Last edited:
So, you're outside, walking along at a public park...it's an early Sunday morning and no on is around except for one person who is approaching you. This person stiff shoulders you as they walk by and says, "Get outta my way you f*** n***!" You respond with an, "Excuse me!" and the person turns around punches you, then a scuffle ensues. Fortunately, a police officer hears the altercation quickly intervenes.

When asked, "Okay, what happened?" You're telling me you won't mention the racial slur because there was no one around to corroborate it?

--------------
As for her, of course honesty by both parties is best, but do you really think she'll "fess up" if no one heard anything one way or another? It completely benefits him to speak up and has the opposite affect for her (would you agree?)
The phuk?

You are the ultimate "moving target."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT