ADVERTISEMENT

Deandre Johnson interview

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Was just on ABC with Michael Strahan. He was asked if he had any alcohol that night. He paused and then said no. Liar. What you were getting a coke? That was his attorney talking. He was well coached.

BTW, they don't card at Tally bars? Back when we went there a LONG time ago everyone got carded. Or do FSU football players get in without any trouble?

Was just on ABC with Michael Strahan. He was asked if he had any alcohol that night. He paused and then said no. Liar. What you were getting a coke? That was his attorney talking. He was well coached.

BTW, they don't card at Tally bars? Back when we went there a LONG time ago everyone got carded. Or do FSU football players get in without any trouble?

really, shime? UF players don't go to bars in Gainesville? Really? That's your schtick now?

"Tim Tebow tried to play peacemaker in a 2007 bar fight involving then-Florida teammate [redacted per Passover], according to a supplemental police report obtained by ABC News."

Tebow, whose name was not included in the first report, told police that he urged the then-17-year-old Hernandez to leave peacefully after [redacted per Passover] consumed two drinks but refused to pay for them. Tebow offered to pay the disputed bill, according to the report.

It really cracks me up how you folks literally live in glass houses. lol

really, shime? UF players don't go to bars in Gainesville? Really? That's your schtick now?

"Tim Tebow tried to play peacemaker in a 2007 bar fight involving then-Florida teammate [redacted per Passover], according to a supplemental police report obtained by ABC News."

Tebow, whose name was not included in the first report, told police that he urged the then-17-year-old Hernandez to leave peacefully after [redacted per Passover] consumed two drinks but refused to pay for them. Tebow offered to pay the disputed bill, according to the report.

It really cracks me up how you folks literally live in glass houses. lol

You literally didn't come close to responding to anything Shime said.

You literally didn't come close to responding to anything Shime said.

Yes, he's most likely lying. And?

Is he proposing that FSU players sneak into bars and get alcohol, but UF players (or players at other universities) don't? Hell, I wasn't a football player and I got into bars. What exactly is the point?

I'm okay with owning we have players than are effing up...what irritates me is when shime (and the like) act like if FSU didn't exist, there would be no issues in CFB. The reality is most schools have their share of issues. ...less we forget my reptilian friends:

Most arrests from 2010-2015 (all althletics).
Florida: 32
Georgia: 32
Missouri: 30
Ole Miss: 26
Oklahoma: 24
Arkansas: 23
Kentucky: 21
Bama: 20
Tennessee: 20
LSU: 20
FSU: 19

Yes, he's most likely lying. And?

Is he proposing that FSU players sneak into bars and get alcohol, but UF players (or players at other universities) don't? Hell, I wasn't a football player and I got into bars. What exactly is the point?

I'm okay with owning we have players than are effing up...what irritates me is when shime (and the like) act like if FSU didn't exist, there would be no issues in CFB. The reality is most schools have their share of issues. ...less we forget my reptilian friends:

Most arrests from 2010-2015 (all althletics).
Florida: 32
Georgia: 32
Missouri: 30
Ole Miss: 26
Oklahoma: 24
Arkansas: 23
Kentucky: 21
Bama: 20
Tennessee: 20
LSU: 20
FSU: 19

The bigger question is what were the arrests for. Possession tickets and hitting women are hardly equal offenses.

really, shime? UF players don't go to bars in Gainesville? Really? That's your schtick
I dont frequent bars, but at 44 I cant purchase alcohol at the grocery store without presenting ID. I think that comment was directed more at yhe establishments not the players.

I dont frequent bars, but at 44 I cant purchase alcohol at the grocery store without presenting ID. I think that comment was directed more at yhe establishments not the players.

And my question is, are we to believe only Tally bars allow underage drinking and Gainesville bars do not?

And my question is, are we to believe only Tally bars allow underage drinking and Gainesville bars do not?

iow, "I can only admit that FSU players are being served underage if you admit Florida players are also served underage"

Also called the "BUT, BUT, BUT...... BOTH SIDES!!!!!!!" deflection.

Most college bars let you in at 18, that's how it was at Southern, UGA, UF, and plenty of the campuses I visited. Usually they'll just stamp you or make you wear a wristband for identification so they don't serve you alcohol and you can only buy sodas and other types of drinks. IDK how it is at FSU though.

Reactions: RD_Gator
What nobody seemed to pick up on is his statement that “If I could do it all over again, I would.” Should he not have said something more like "If I had it to do over, I would do things differently"?

iow, "I can only admit that FSU players are being served underage if you admit Florida players are also served underage"

I'm worried about your reading comprehension, Buddy. Not only will I admit that FSU players are being served underage, I'll admit that bars across America are doing it and not just for College Football Players, but normal students and non-students as well. Heck, I was even served at one of these types of establishments back in the 90's in good ole' Lack County, FL. Shocking, I know.

I just can't figure out what Shime's obsession (and others) is with:

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

Orrrr....is it possible that some of these kids are drinking BEFORE they walk into the bar? hhhmmmm

What nobody seemed to pick up on is his statement that “If I could do it all over again, I would.” Should he not have said something more like "If I had it to do over, I would do things differently"?

Well duh. Dalvin Cook hit a girl twice and is still on the team. He means had he swung again, so might he. ;)

Reactions: DAWG N EVANS
Alaskan you are like a little boy running to.his mommy to say another kid cut in line at the playground. I just said I had been in Tally and got carded and wondered if they still did. Why don't you go whine at whinechant. Oh yeah you can't.

Where are these kids (and others) getting their alcohol? Are they driving to Tallahassee bars??

Matt Elam
was arrested for underage possession of alcohol. He pled no contest and did not miss a game.

Carlos Dunlap was arrested in 2009 after he was found asleep behind the wheel at a green light. He was charged for second-degree DUI. Meyer did at least suspend him from a game, the SEC champ game.

Trip Thurman was charged with possession of an ID card with an altered date of birth and possession of alcohol by a minor.Huntley Johnson plead no guilty on Thurman's behalf, but it didn't matter because 2 days after signing his plea, he was caught drinking again.

The bigger question is what were the arrests for. Possession tickets and hitting women are hardly equal offenses.
According to OTL, over a certain time period, FSU has had more incidents of mistreatment of women that any other program.

Let me correct you (again). He actually said, "[pause] No [pause] I'm not going to comment on that." As in, he's been advised by his attorney to not confirm/deny anything regarding underage drinking. "No, I'm not going to comment on that" is a far cry from what you typed above, shime.

The kid owned his actions. When asked if she provoked him with racial slurs his response was, "It doesn't matter. I should have raised my hand to her, I should have walked away."

Seriously, dude, you need to step back from the 16oz glass of hate you drink every day.

LINK: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/deandre-johnson-breaks-silence-1st-time-infamous-video-32435832

Who believes she made a racial slur and who believes he's lying?

Anyone find it interesting that NO one at that bar corroborated this alleged racial slur?

That's a horrible thing to lie about and it's well known that the media will ::gasp:: and eat it up like vultures and effectively turn the narrative on its head. ala Marcus Smart

Who believes she made a racial slur and who believes he's lying?

Anyone find it interesting that NO one at that bar corroborated this alleged racial slur?

That's a horrible thing to lie about and it's well known that the media will ::gasp:: and eat it up like vultures and effectively turn the narrative on its head. ala Marcus Smart

Gator QB would have been telling the truth, I'm 100% sure of it, BUT because he's a Nole he's lying. Notice in the video, he said it didn't matter what she said, he shouldn't have hit her and if he could go back he'd do it differently.

I guess you're in the camp that one mistake should ruin his life forever, eh?

Gator QB would have been telling the truth, I'm 100% sure of it, BUT because he's a Nole he's lying. Notice in the video, he said it didn't matter what she said, he shouldn't have hit her and if he could go back he'd do it differently.

I guess you're in the camp that one mistake should ruin his life forever, eh?
Dude, don't be so dramatic. It's an issue because Johnson made it an issue. And if you're going to bring up that he said it "didn't matter," I'll remind you that it's too late, he's already accused her of making a racial slur to him. People, including you, have referred to the alleged racial slur when breaking down the incident so obviously you found it to be relevant.

Dude, don't be so dramatic. It's an issue because Johnson made it an issue. And if you're going to bring up that he said it "didn't matter," I'll remind you that it's too late, he's already accused her of making a racial slur to him. People, including you, have referred to the alleged racial slur when breaking down the incident so obviously you found it to be relevant.

Why are you so positive she didn't say it?? Not that it would excuse his actions but why are you so sure she didn't say it??

Of course it's relevant. I'm certain he was asked the question, "What happened." Just because he said she said those things doesn't necessarily mean he used it to justifying his behavior. Heck, Noles aren't even using it as justification for him to hit her, only as evidence to demonstrate that she was also wrong and yet she's not being held accountable for her actions.

"She said, #$#%, then hit me. I lost my temper and hit her back. I shouldn't have." That is possible, right?

Why are you so positive she didn't say it?? Not that it would excuse his actions but why are you so sure she didn't say it??
Come on Noles. You're not going to put words in my mouth.

I raised a question and brought up an apparent fact...that no one at the bar has corroborated his racial slur allegation. Don't get mad at me for pointing it out unless I am wrong. Am I wrong?

Finally, I said it's a horrible thing to lie about. Do you disagree?

I raised a question and brought up an apparent fact...that no one at the bar has corroborated his racial slur allegation. Don't get mad at me for pointing it out unless I am wrong. Am I wrong?

I haven't read any witness testimony. Only read the attorney comments and watched the video.

Yes, that would be a terrible thing to lie about. If true, it would negate his humble stance, owning his mistake, and worthiness of a second change...or at least tarnish it for the immediate future.

And who at the bar has said the slur didn't happen?? Maybe I missed that but refresh my memory.

Of course it's relevant. I'm certain he was asked the question, "What happened." Just because he said she said those things doesn't necessarily mean he used it to justifying his behavior. Heck, Noles aren't even using it as justification for him to hit her, only as evidence to demonstrate that she was also wrong and yet she's not being held accountable for her actions.

"She said, #$#%, then hit me. I lost my temper and hit her back. I shouldn't have." That is possible, right?

Exactly. You're using it as "evidence" against her which is why the fact that NO ONE else at that bar alleges she said it is all the more important.

My main point is that she has inevitably been labeled a racist by many at FSU....Everyone who is a football fan at FSU knows who she is now....Students see her walking on campus...they see a racist. That's a hell of a letter to carry if it isn't true.

And who at the bar has said the slur didn't happen?? Maybe I missed that but refresh my memory.
That's cute. You know what I actually said. I said no reports anywhere have mentioned a single witness corroborating his racial slur allegation.

As much as the media loves to inject race into anything it can, the absence of such corroboration is interesting...

ya, that's what you were doing. :cool:
j
That's cute. You know what I actually said. I said no reports anywhere have mentioned a single witness corroborating his racial slur allegation.

As much as the media loves to inject race into anything it can, the absence of such corroboration is interesting...
Very interesting, but according to duhnolie it matters and was a good reason to hit a woman. amazing what the people in the panhandle think...very sad

Go Canes! .

Exactly. You're using it as "evidence" against her which is why the fact that NO ONE else at that bar alleges she said it is all the more important.

I'm wondering what "witness" testimony is even going to look like in this case...go back and watch it again, it's as though no one even notices or cares. They guy to her right (behind her) barely even reacts. The only person to react runs in from off screen, so I'm wondering what she even heard (if anything).

My main point is that she has inevitably been labeled a racist by many at FSU....Everyone who is a football fan at FSU knows who she is now....Students see her walking on campus...they see a racist. That's a hell of a letter to carry if it isn't true.

I agree with you on this point. If he's making that up, it would be a pretty scum-bag thing to do; especially in light of recent racial events. She does NOT need to carry that label unnecessarily. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be at the forefront of his account (watching the GMA interview). It appears to be more in the commentary of those discussing the event based on his original account of the altercation. In other words, [DJ] "Here are the details of what transpired. Regardless, I should have walked away"

Again, let me reiterate, if he's lying that is unbelievably low class.

I believe the correct term would be "hearsay" not "evidence."

How is what DJ said "Hearsay?" It's not a second hand account, it's firsthand. Now, as Bay has stated, he may be lying, but if witnesses (or a lip reading expert) can corroborate his testimony, that will likely go strongly in DJ's favor in regards to punishment. Again, it's still not an excuse to hit her, it just helps build DJ's case that this was a situation of emotions gone awry (a mistake); not some punk kid looking to exhort his power over a woman. (IMO)

Hearsay is called "second-hand" evidence. It usually involves a witness testifying not about what he or she personally saw or heard, but to establish as a fact

j

Very interesting, but according to duhnolie it matters and was a good reason to hit a woman. amazing what the people in the panhandle think...very sad

Go Canes! .

So you continue to be a scUMbag liar. Continue to make up crap but it's not my fault you can't read.

Funny, all the noles can talk about in this thread is Gators and G'ville bars...

straw-man.png

If that's an issue for you, I recommend you scroll back up where I discussed the actual interview and my thoughts on what was "actually" said by Johnson as well as my thoughts on whether or not he's lying. If not, please continue with your blanket statements. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT