ADVERTISEMENT

CWS - UF vs UVa 3:00 PM

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
It's do or die time.

We are actually the home team today! Bizarre that we have been the home team in only 3 of 8 games thus far, despite being the higher seed in every single game.

That's what I was wondering. Why were UVA and UM last at bat for the last two games? It is an advantage to bat last, and we were the higher seed. I guess it evens out, coming out of the loser's bracket as the home team, but it is weird.

Free Vasquez!

Go Gators!

Wind blowing in today, advantage UVa...again. Larson gets the start in right.

CH4YL28UwAATyTp.jpg

Three great ABs in a row, including by Larson, who I don't mean to fade, I just like Vasquez. Martin has that opposite field stroke working!

Go gators!

What the hell is that contraption strapped to Bader's hand? It looks like something out of the Matrix.

Maybe I'll get myself one of those. Hopefully, we keep making them churn their bullpen.

Great game. I hope we see Waddell tomorrow. He had over 100 pitches Monday. He throws a nasty slier and a great breaking ball. But I think our guys will have more plate discipline this team if we do see him. Make him throw them for strikes. He will leave some up.

It is more likely we face the guy UVA threw against Arkansas in the first game. Conner something.

Yeah, UVA was tough, but they were a number 3 seed in their regional. They barely qualified for their conference tournament. Losing 2 of 3 to them is pretty disappointing.

Yeah, UVA was tough, but they were a number 3 seed in their regional. They barely qualified for their conference tournament. Losing 2 of 3 to them is pretty disappointing.

They were also the defending runners-up. They know something about what it takes to win in these situations. Hopefully our young team will come back next year and take the final steps.

all of this is true, but UVA also had very bad injury luck most of the season and they managed to get healthy at the right time. If NCAA baseball office pools were a thing, i would have taken them to get out of that regional out west. They got a little bit of a lucky draw with Maryland coming out of the overall #1 regional. Losing two games by a run sucks, but that's baseball.

I don't think they beat Vandy, but i do expect a well-played and low-scoring series.

Tough loss. But maybe now you guys are seeing that winning it all isn't so easy. It's rare that the "most talented team" that steam rolls into Omaha wins it all like in basketball or football. Bats get hot, bats get cold. The ball drops this way or that way. Timely hitting, etc...

Better luck next year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT