ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte vs UF

gatordad3

Bull Gator
Sep 18, 2011
I got no problem with our guys standing up for our QB taking a cheap shot from the Volun queers. All they did was talk sh!t towards our player early and often.

charlotte-rae-450x600.jpg

I got no problem with our guys standing up for our QB taking a cheap shot from the Volun queers. All they did was talk sh!t towards our player early and often.

It's a good thing we are playing Charlotte and not one of the better teams in that conference with the suspensions. Hopefully Boardingham gets a lot of snaps in the 1st half.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Say what?

Just saying you dont want to be down 3 starters for a half if playing a good group of 5 team. Charlotte is more like good FCS talent level though and not close to those top teams in that conference. They aren't a complete doormat like McNeese was.

He actually sucked ass when he played for Deion.

I haven't watched him play that much but his passing doesn't seem to be that good. Their coach played 2 QBs against Georgia State this last game so they might do that against us also. This team appears to have a really bad defense though as they gave up like 460 yards passing to Georgia State with a lot of breakdowns in coverage.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
I haven't watched him play that much but his passing doesn't seem to be that good. Their coach played 2 QBs against Georgia State this last game so they might do that against us also. This team appears to have a really bad defense though as they gave up like 460 yards passing to Georgia State with a lot of breakdowns in coverage.
Whether or not Jalon actually played a down for us, he still would have ended up looking elsewhere.
Dang, Jalon has been around as long as Jordan Travis, Emory Jones, Andre Debose and that 9 year senior that Kyle Trask backed up in high school.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Just saying you dont want to be down 3 starters for a half if playing a good group of 5 team. Charlotte is more like good FCS talent level though and not close to those top teams in that conference. They aren't a complete doormat like McNeese was.
So the top teams in that conference would be a problem for us this weekend down 3 starters for a half?

Since I’m too lazy to look who else in in that conference?

MEMMemphis Tigers
RICERice Owls
SMUSMU Mustangs
TEMTemple Owls
TULNTulane Green Wave
CLTCharlotte 49ers
FAUFlorida Atlantic Owls
UNTNorth Texas Mean Green
USFSouth Florida Bulls
TLSATulsa Golden Hurricane
UABUAB Blazers
UTSAUTSA Roadrunners
ECUEast Carolina Pirates
NAVYNavy Midshipmen
---------------------------------------

I think Charlotte is one of the weaker teams in there but unlike FCS teams these teams have quite a few 3 star players with a few blue chippers that got in trouble or didnt live up to their rankings.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
MEMMemphis Tigers
RICERice Owls
SMUSMU Mustangs
TEMTemple Owls
TULNTulane Green Wave
CLTCharlotte 49ers
FAUFlorida Atlantic Owls
UNTNorth Texas Mean Green
USFSouth Florida Bulls
TLSATulsa Golden Hurricane
UABUAB Blazers
UTSAUTSA Roadrunners
ECUEast Carolina Pirates
NAVYNavy Midshipmen
---------------------------------------

I think Charlotte is one of the weaker teams in there but unlike FCS teams these teams have quite a few 3 star players with a few blue chippers that got in trouble or didnt live up to their rankings.
Thanks

Reactions: Gator Fever
They are sometimes for power 5 teams. Memphis beat an SEC team in 2019 and in 2021. Tulane beat Kansas State last season and beat Southern Cal in their bowl game.
If the entire starting lineup of the Kansas City Chiefs all found an extra year of eligibility and decided to suit up for the Gators you would be sounding the alarm of possible beat down ahead....

Urban does it to UGa to get revenge and savor a victory. Heupel does it to...extend a loss? Looks like his IQ fits in perfectly with the inbreds.
If the rules allow for it, Billy should have taken all of Florida’s remaining timeouts, immediately after Heupel’s last timeout. And then he should have just sent everybody deep on the last play.

If the entire starting lineup of the Kansas City Chiefs all found an extra year of eligibility and decided to suit up for the Gators you would be sounding the alarm of possible beat down ahead....

lol..Mainly just saying the starters are mostly 3 stars and they do pull upsets sometimes. They arent the same as lowly FCS teams like McNeese is this year. I watched some of their Maryland and Georgia state highlights and they actually played those teams pretty tough except for letting WRs get wide open on busted coverages. Their coach is a character and said after the Georgia State loss either himself or his coaches are going to get their act together or they will be gone or he will be gone. Maryland isn't a joke team but my guess is we can pound Charlotte running the ball a lot easier than them.

Reactions: Countygator1
What I know is that in the first game...we looked so undisciplined I wasn't sure about this year. Game 2 we played how you would expect the Gators to play against that team...Tennessee game was look hungry and we played with heart...QB is a good player and the defense is ready to ball. We are inexperienced but I'm seeing some pretty good coaching going on. We finally may have a defensive coordinator who is good.

I was happy as hell after that game.

What I know is that in the first game...we looked so undisciplined I wasn't sure about this year. Game 2 we played how you would expect the Gators to play against that team...Tennessee game was look hungry and we played with heart...QB is a good player and the defense is ready to ball. We are inexperienced but I'm seeing some pretty good coaching going on. We finally may have a defensive coordinator who is good.

I was happy as hell after that game.

I agree about the DC so far. I think he is a definite upgrade over Toney and think we lucked out that he moved on. The offense I am not totally sold on yet for the rest of the season after watching the game breakdown. Maybe we can keep doing it the rest of the season but TN got suckered by most of the line shifts we did and were constantly out of position and were very undisciplined. The plan of attack worked and covered up our O line issues (mainly George) we had against Utah. I think KY may be a good test to see where the offense is at. They aren't loaded talent wise but they usually play pretty disciplined defense in recent years and when they get blown out it's usually their players being outgunned by the other players and not scheme. If we beat KY 8-4 is a real possibility and would definitely be overachieving this season.

From the article and something The Fevered Brain clearly pointed out.

But the fact that Napier is willing to play Mitchell and Castell and not just play people because they are the next man in line showcases that, unlike the previous Florida football coaching staff, playing time is earned and not given on the 2023 Florida Gators.

From the article and something The Fevered Brain clearly pointed out.

But the fact that Napier is willing to play Mitchell and Castell and not just play people because they are the next man in line showcases that, unlike the previous Florida football coaching staff, playing time is earned and not given on the 2023 Florida Gators.

I wonder why the recruiting services had Wilson so high if his speed is the issue at DB. If he won't try LB he is probably gone for sure.

Reactions: gatordad3
It's a good thing we are playing Charlotte and not one of the better teams in that conference with the suspensions. Hopefully Boardingham gets a lot of snaps in the 1st half.
Information for the phootball genius types....

TE's so far after 3 games:

Jonathan Odom - 8 for 72 Yds, 9.0 Yds Ave, L-23 (#3 in receptions among all receivers)

Arlis Boardingham - 2 for 13 Yds, 6.5 Yds Ave, L-8

Hayden Hanson - 1 for 4 Yds

Tony Livingston 1 for 4 Yds

Dante Zanders 1 for -1 Yd

Information for the phootball genius types....

TE's so far after 3 games:

Jonathan Odom - 8 for 72 Yds, 9.0 Yds Ave, L-23 (#3 in receptions among all receivers)

Arlis Boardingham - 2 for 13 Yds, 6.5 Yds Ave, L-8

Hayden Hanson - 1 for 4 Yds

Tony Livingston 1 for 4 Yds

Dante Zanders 1 for -1 Yd

AA1h3THu.img

Looks like Coach Napier took my advice and made Boardingham the starter over Odom this week.

Reactions: gatorRAD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT