ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of Zaire playing for the Gators?

If Franks or Trask was ready we wouldn't be doing this. Not sure why this concept is eluding some. Read between the damn lines, those guys aren't the answer here

C8v32DjU0AAoW5_.jpg

Malik Zaire has never thrown an interception in a college game in 98 pass attempts.

Malik Zaire completes close to 60% of his passes.

Malik Zaire has a 149 passer rating.

Malik Zaire averages 4.5 yards a carry.

I am changing my tune on Zaire after watching that Spring practice against walk ons. I hope he does come here now or we will probably be stuck with LDR playing QB again. Not sure if Zaire will wait on a possible rule change but I hope he will now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 46885

I am changing my tune on Zaire after watching that Spring practice against walk ons. I hope he does come here now or we will probably be stuck with LDR playing QB again. Not sure if Zaire will wait on a possible rule change but I hope he will now.

"Franks still locked onto his first read a lot, targeting them with 11 of his 14 passes. He also wasn't particularly accurate on those passes, completing 6 of them."
(6 of 11, 54.5%) -- Will Miles - SEC-Country

Heisman Danny Wuerffel said to not forget about LDR as the possible starter, after watching the anointed Franks run exclusively with the 1 Offense against the 2-3-W-O defense....

I'd still take LDR over Zaire.
The retread that you know, over the retread that you don't know.... :rolleyes:

WHY in the HELL would anyone say they would take Del Rio over Zaire?

I agree. Zaire can at least give you a chance to get down the field when things are breaking down. He has never thrown a pick in the games he played in either.

WHY in the HELL would anyone say they would take Del Rio over Zaire?

LDR is 5-1 at UF.
Zaire CHOSE to go have his nutts removed to play at neutered lame, and what was his W/L record there, playing their usual chump SoS? If he couldn't stay healthy and on the field there, then how the heck is he going to do vs SEC-D + the criminole's?

When Zaire came out in 2013 as the #3 QB-DT, Florida didn't even offer him.
And only 1 SEC school even bothered to offer him.
IMO, he was way over-rated back then, and judging by his history at NL, he's also over-rated now, or they would have kept him and he'd be starting for them as a 5th year senior QB. If he's not even good enough for the nuttless, then why would any Gator fan want him at UF??? :confused:

I'd even play true Fr Toney before I'd bother with taking a one year retread / NL reject... ;)

LDR is 5-1 at UF.
Zaire CHOSE to go have his nutts removed to play at neutered lame, and what was his W/L record there, playing their usual chump SoS? If he couldn't stay healthy and on the field there, then how the heck is he going to do vs SEC-D + the criminole's?

IMO, he was way over-rated back then, and judging by his history at NL, he's also over-rated now, or they would have kept him and he'd be starting for them as a 5th year senior QB. If he's not even good enough for the nuttless, then why would any Gator fan want him at UF??? :confused:

I'd even play true Fr Toney before I'd bother with taking a one year retread / NL reject... ;)

Florida didn't offer Bridgewater or Lamar Jackson to play QB either

And that bit of critical info obviously proves that Zaire would be a slam-dunk as the Gator QB, in your own humble opinion? :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

no, but YOU just used it as bullet point evidence sprayed in with others as why he wouldn't here...

no, but YOU just used it as bullet point evidence sprayed in with others as why he wouldn't here...

While you cherry picked the least part of what I said, like the circle of jerks is famous (infamous) for doing... :p

While you cherry picked the least part of what I said, like the circle of jerks is famous (infamous) for doing... :p

go read how you interpreted and responded to what i said, you went to full extreme from what I said, and I am cherry picking?

LDR is 5-1 at UF.

Zaire is 3-0 as a starter I think with a win over LSU in his first start and has never threw a pick. Zaire got injured in 2015 and missed the whole season I think after the 2nd game. Zaire may have left in 2016 but what I have seen says he would give you more of a chance to beat a good team than LDR would.

IF Zaire starts that's takes a lot of pressure off Franks. He can then learn the job in a more measured pace or could come in and rescue a faltering starter and build confidence and fan approval. IF Zaire needs minimal help and keeps bringing home the Ws all the better.

IF Zaire starts that's takes a lot of pressure off Franks. He can then learn the job in a more measured pace or could come in and rescue a faltering starter and build confidence and fan approval. IF Zaire needs minimal help and keeps bringing home the Ws all the better.

I think you can scrap Franks and Trask. Zaire this year to transition to Toney next year

I think you can scrap Franks and Trask. Zaire this year to transition to Toney next year

And what difference would it make? These guys haven't shown to be able to develop a QB in their system but they're suddenly gonna develop a guy like Toney in a system they have no idea how to run? That makes any sense to you?

And what difference would it make? These guys haven't shown to be able to develop a QB in their system but they're suddenly gonna develop a guy like Toney in a system they have no idea how to run? That makes any sense to you?
Ya because Franks and Trask should be lighting the world on fire after a year because that's what Winston did so our guys should be able to do it to. Jesus...

oozie- you know I wouldn't have Mac or Nuss on staff if I had my way. After watching Kiffin post two of the best three offensive seasons ever at Bama (the other was like '74) I think its pretty clear that these guys were a product of the season. And it has become apparent OC Baldwin was the engineer at CSU and he was taking off on Mac before we hired him away.

I am just to the point where I know UF is too chicken-shit to make a move like Chip Kelly to get back to the top.

So no I don't trust them, at all. Just reading between the lines

Ya because Franks and Trask should be lighting the world on fire after a year because that's what Winston did so our guys should be able to do it to. Jesus...

Who said that? Did you even comprehend what I wrote?

The entire point is that Zaire is a spread option QB. This staff has ZERO history running an offense like that. And the one time they did have a QB fit for that system in Treon, they spent half the year whining about how he didn't fit their offense while refusing to make any adjustments because "that's not how we run offense here." So where is the faith coming from that they can make an offense QB'd by Zaire work? Please give me anything. Or do you just think players regardless of skillset can just be plugged into any system and have success? That seems to have been working since 09' hasn't it? But here y'all are wanting to repeat the same dumb mistake.

The entire point is that Zaire is a spread option QB. This staff has ZERO history running an offense like that. And the one time they did have a QB fit for that system in Treon, they spent half the year whining about how he didn't fit their offense while refusing to make any adjustments because "that's not how we run offense here." So where is the faith coming from that they can make an offense QB'd by Zaire work? Please give me anything. Or do you just think players regardless of skillset can just be plugged into any system and have success? That seems to have been working since 09' hasn't it? But here y'all are wanting to repeat the same dumb mistake.
Actually we did run read option stuff but the point was we couldn't do that all game and we needed Treon to throw. I don't know if you watched the season but I remember us running the spread concepts. We also ran spread stuff with Appleby last year (we did it vs UT and USCe when Appleby broke that long run at the begin of the game) so not sure where you're saying this staff never has done it when Nuss did it a Michigan with Hoke and that QB that wore #98 the whole year. What we run now isn't that much different from a spread the only problem is we didn't have a QB who could run and throw. Treon could run but couldn't throw same with Del Rio. Appleby could throw a bit and run a bit but nothing spectacular. Grier did some of the same but we were just scared we didn't want him to get hurt but then the PED bust.

Again I've just pointed out several things so get back to me when you think of something else. Just because we didn't run read option concepts every play doesn't mean this staff doesn't know what to do.

Actually we did run read option stuff but the point was we couldn't do that all game and we needed Treon to throw. I don't know if you watched the season but I remember us running the spread concepts. We also ran spread stuff with Appleby last year (we did it vs UT and USCe when Appleby broke that long run at the begin of the game) so not sure where you're saying this staff never has done it when Nuss did it a Michigan with Hoke and that QB that wore #98 the whole year. What we run now isn't that much different from a spread the only problem is we didn't have a QB who could run and throw. Treon could run but couldn't throw same with Del Rio. Appleby could throw a bit and run a bit but nothing spectacular. Grier did some of the same but we were just scared we didn't want him to get hurt but then the PED bust.

Again I've just pointed out several things so get back to me when you think of something else. Just because we didn't run read option concepts every play doesn't mean this staff doesn't know what to do.

I know precisely what we run and we've never run any 'real' read option concepts though we do utilize some of the same spread looks from different formations. The Appleby run against S. Carolina was one example where we did but almost every other time it's a predetermined give or keep that LOOLS like some type of option because we're running it from the gun. But you can tell by who the linemen block. If it was a read they'd have left the end or the OLB unblocked and in some cases even the safety whos dropped down since that would be the read the QB is keying but instead we block those guys which is a dead giveaway that there is no option element. Treon's and Grier's carries were almost always instances where a play broke down and they ran as well, it was not by design.

Either way, that isn't this staff's offense. Zaire is a career 58% passer and NEEDS the run game to open up his passing game, we don't run an offense to take advantage of that. It just simply isn't a part of what we do. And calling a play here or there isn't proof that they know what to do, middle school coaches know how to draw up a basic option read. What you need for a guy like Zaire is a system overhaul like what Bama did for Hurts. If you think this staff has the ability to overhaul like that in 4 months then I don't know what to tell you. And I wouldn't exactly be touting Nussmeir's work with Gardner in 2014, their offense finished 100+ in the nation in large part because they ran a scheme that didn't mesh with their personnel at all, which speaks back to my point.

If Zaire had been here all spring then that's a different story, and I'd still have little faith Nuss could draw up an offense suited for him and overhaul it in one offseason. He's no Kiffin.

If Zaire had been here all spring then that's a different story, and I'd still have little faith Nuss could draw up an offense suited for him and overhaul it in one offseason. He's no Kiffin.

I still think Zaire would probably be better than anyone else we have this year. I hope Mac can get a decent up and comer OC when Nuss is likely fired after this season because I doubt any established ones would risk coming here if Mac is on the hot seat.

I still think Zaire would probably be better than anyone else we have this year. I hope Mac can get a decent up and comer OC when Nuss is likely fired after this season because I doubt any established ones would risk coming here if Mac is on the hot seat.

If they force him to operate from the pocket with little movement and little designed runs, read option elements, and RPO's in the passing game he won't be. In fact I'd feel very comfortable saying the results would likely be on par with last year.

works for Meyer most of the time, except for 2010 with Addazi

The 2017 QB job will go to Grier 2.0+....
QB-PP Jake Allen 6-4 210 over the summer and through Fall practice. Book it. o_O

Allen, and 'change of pace' Toney will take over from the rest of those talent-less chumps. All of the rest of them can now transfer out to D2's, where their talent level will fit in. Except of course for Nick Sproles 6-2 203 rsFr. He looked great in the Spring game and so he will be the scout team QB and the 3 deep QB for 2017.

So it has been written,,, so let it be done... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT