ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

Covering the 1-2-3 spots on the coming season:

PG Zyon Pullin 6-4 195 Grad-Sr
- UCR xfer
Pts 18.3 - Rbs 4.4 - Ast 4.2 - FG's 48.6% - 3's 39.5% - FT's 77.1%

PG Walter Clayton Jr 6-2 195 Jr - Iona xfer - Lake Wales, FL
Pts 16.8 - Rbs 4.3 - Ast 3.2 - FG's 45.4% - 3's 43.1 - FT's 95.3%

PG Jack May 6-4 195 rsJr - WO
-----

SG/SF Julian Rishwain 6-5 190 - GradSr - San-Fran xfer
Pt's 7.4 - Rb's 3.0 - Ast 0.7 - FG's 44.0% - 3's 43.0% - FT's 76.6% (2021-22)

CG/SF Will Richard 6-4 206 Jr - Belmont xfer - Fairburn, GA
Pt's 10.4 - Rb's 4.5 - Ast 0.8 - FG's 49.3% - 3's 39.8% - FT's 85.7%

SG/SF Riley Kugel 6-5 207 - 3's = 37.6% So - Orlando, Fl HS
Pt's 9.9 - Rb's 2.8 - Ast 1.0 - FG's 45.6% - 3's 37.6% - FT's 66.3%

CG/SF Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 189 So - Orlando, FL HS
Pt's 1.6 - Rb's 0.3 - Ast's 0.2 - FG's 43.8% - 3's 0/5 - FT's 55.6%
12 Gms - Very limited Fr play due to several upperclassmen in front of him.
Played a season-high 9 minutes in the regular season finale, a UF win vs. LSU.
Scored a season-best 6 Pt's vs. UCF in the NIT.

SG Alex Klatsky 6-4 206 rsSr - WO

WHERE's the BEEF?

C/PF Trese Samuel 6-10 235 Grad-Sr - Seton Hall xfer - Montreal, Quebec, CAN

C Micah Handlogten 7-1 227 So - JuCo xfer - Huntsville, N.C.

PF/C Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 240 So - Germany

PF/C Alex Condon 6-11 230 Fr - Australia
-----

PF/SF EJ Jarvis 6-8 220 Grad-Sr - Yale xfer - Wash DC

PF/SF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 Fr - New Oxford, PA

2024 Class

#3 C John Bol 7-1 190
- 247 Natl #23 - Wichita, Kan
Final List - UF -- UConn Mich Mizz TX USCw WF - Hard Commit 6-10-23
Needs to gain 40 Lbs at the minimum....

"Analysts have praised Bol for his frequent involvement in positive plays and seemingly believe that if he can grow into his frame, he could develop into an all-conference-caliber player with NBA potential."

WHERE's the BEEF?

PF/C Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 240 So - Germany

PF/C Alex Condon 6-11 230 Fr - Australia
-----

PF/SF EJ Jarvis 6-8 220 Grad-Sr - Yale xfer - Wash DC

PF/SF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 Fr - New Oxford, PA

2024 Class

#3 C John Bol 7-1 190
- 247 Natl #23 - Wichita, Kan
Final List - UF -- UConn Mich Mizz TX USCw WF - Hard Commit 6-10-23
Needs to gain 40 Lbs at the minimum....

"Analysts have praised Bol for his frequent involvement in positive plays and seemingly believe that if he can grow into his frame, he could develop into an all-conference-caliber player with NBA potential."
What Coach Golden does with these guys is one matter. But we can't deny that he's addressed our need to have more big men.

Pt's 7.4 - Rb's 3.0 - Ast 0.7 - FG's 44.0% - 3's 43.0% - FT's 76.6% (2021-22)
(22-23 played injured for 20 Gms, then out for the season)

Here are his HS highlights before he went to BC, then San-Fran, then UF....

The Gators have completed their 2023-24 roster with their ninth scholarship addition of the offseason.​

Florida will complete its scholarship roster with an addition from the international recruiting scene, this time adding Lithuanian guard Kajus (pronounced kai-us) Kublickas, according to multiple sources directly familiar with the development.

A 6-foot-1 18-year-old, Kublickas spent the vast majority of the 2022-23 season as member of Zalgiris Kaunas II, the second-tier affiliate of the major club Zalgiris Kaunas, which secured its 12th-consecutive Lithuanian League title on June 10.

In 21 appearances with Zalgiris Kaunas II, Kublickas averaged 8.9 points, 3.6 assists and 1.3 rebounds per game while converting 37.7 percent of his 3-point attempts. He also made two appearances with the top-tier club in 2022-23 but played sparingly and picked up four points, two assists and a rebound in both outings.

In seven games with Lithuania’s U18 national team, Kublickas averaged 6.9 points, 4.4 assists and 2.4 rebounds while playing 22.4 minutes per game. Kublickas has converted 45.5 percent of his 3-pointers and 46.9 percent of his total field goals in international play.

Kublickas will compete for reserve minutes at the point guard spot for the Gators this season with highly-regarded UC Riverside transfer Zyon Pullin expected to start at the position.

For the rest of the story, use the link....

Golden't International Scoops:

PF/C Tyrese Samuel 6-10 235 Grad-Sr- Montreal, Quebec, Canada

PF/C Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 240 So - Frankfurt, Germany

PF/C Alex Condon 6-11 230 Fr - Perth, Australia

We shall seeeeeeee......

Castleton wasnt drafted but the Lakers are going to give him a chance. I think for Castleton to be on an NBA active roster with his build he will have to improve his outside shooting quite a bit. If he doesnt I think he will be playing overseas eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19
For the 2023-24 team, 4 Returning, 3 Freshman, and 7 Xfers, plus the 2 WO's...
"We definitely have a lot of guys who fit what the coaches want to do this year," said Richard, who a year ago was a new-guy sophomore and transfer from Belmont who went on to be the team's second-leading scorer and one of the most efficient offensive players in the SEC. "I can see we're starting to gel already by just playing together and getting a sense of what each player can do."

Getting to know the Gator's 7 B-Ball newbees...

Reactions: Gator Fever
Those that xfer up in the portal don't always work out for their new team, but there is some hope...

Walter Clayton Jr., PG transferring from Iona to Florida: You don’t want to jump the gun, but I think that kid is going to make a lot of money playing the game and could see him in the NBA. We tried every sort of coverage against Walter Clayton. Seems like a great kid. Very stoic on the court. Doesn’t get too high or too low. For a sophomore to handle every coverage. We tried to limit his touches, but he finds a way. He gets to his pull-up. He shot it decent from three. He’s very athletic. He’s very explosive. He’s got that toughness from his football days, too. He’s a winner, man. I think he’s special. I think he’s a name that you’re going to hear not for the next couple years, I think you’ll hear it beyond it. Athletically, Clayton is going to be just fine (on defense). You don’t worry about guys like him.” Dan Engelstad, Mount Saint Mary’s head coach

Zyon Pullin, PG transferring from UC Riverside to Florida: “I think Zyon is a terrific player. He’s a great player. I really like Zyon. He’s really a strong, physical guard.”Joe Pasternack, UC Santa Barbara head coach

It's a little easier for me to trust the opinions of opposing coaches, than the opinions (coach-speak) of the coach that the kid is or was playing for.....

PG Zyon Pullin 6-4 195 Grad-Sr - UCR xfer
PG Walter Clayton Jr 6-2 195 Jr - Iona xfer - Lake Wales, FL
PG Jack May 6-4 195 rsJr - WO

CG/SF Will Richard 6-4 206 Jr- Belmont xfer - Fairburn, GA
SG/SF Riley Kugel 6-5 207 So - Orlando, Fl HS
CG/SF Denzel Aberdeen 6-4 189 So - Orlando, FL HS

SF/PF EJ Jarvis 6-8 220 Grad-Sr - Yale xfer - Wash DC
SF/PF Thomas Haugh 6-9 200 Fr - New Oxford, PA

C/PF PF Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 240 So - Germany
C/PF Alex Condon 6-11 230 Fr - Australia

With 12 + 2, Golden still has 1 open ship that he could fill before the season begins.
======

Gonna need guys to fill the holes left by 4 departing portal Grad-Sr players in 2024:

PG Zyon Pullin 6-4 195 Grad-Sr - UCR xfer
PF/SF EJ Jarvis 6-8 220 Grad-Sr - Yale xfer
C/PF Trese Samuel 6-10 235 Grad-Sr - Seton Hall xfer

And it's certainly going to be interesting in seeing which 5 get the start vs Loyola, and then if those same 5 start a few days later vs VA.

“We scheduled it for a reason,” Golden said on Thursday. “I think we play Loyola-Maryland on opening night. That’s a Monday or Tuesday, and then Virginia’s that Friday. So, a quick turnaround and we’re going to be against a program that’s been very successful for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Bol, who is ranked No. 23 overall and No. 3 among centers in his 2024 recruiting cycle on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, picked the Gators over six other finalist schools: Connecticut, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, USC, and Wake Forest. Bol also considered foregoing the college route and starting his career with Overtime Elite, a professional basketball league for 16–20-year-olds based in Atlanta.
(7-1 190 = Skin & Bones, and now de-committed)

UF is firmly involved in the recruitment of the No. 4 player in the country and the #1 ranked center Flory Bidunga, who hails from Kokomo, Ind. He would supply the Gators with a game-changing front-court piece with the ability to operate at the four or five at the collegiate level. Bidunga has long expressed his interest in the Gators and has taken several opportunities to spend time around their coaches, including a December official visit and a Feb. 25 trip to Nashville to watch Florida take on Vanderbilt in person. Florida's coaches have also made multiple trips to Indiana to watch Bidunga in both practice and game settings.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...flory-bidunga-gators-2024-class-to-207944819/

I'd rather have Bidunga 6-8 215 - than Bol 7-1 190 anyway, but it's not like either are critical pieces for the 2024 class....

C/PF Trese Samuel 6-10 235 Grad-Sr - Seton Hall xfer - Montreal, Quebec, CAN (gone in 2024)
-----

C/PF PF Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 240 So - Germany
C/PF Alex Condon 6-11 230 Fr - Australia

Last edited:
Red flag to me if an “agent” is the one announcing a decommitment
More proof that college sports are entering the Semi-Pro category, and are no longer true Amateur sports played by 'student-athletes'.....

From now on, they will have to pay me, in order for me to attend their new & improved entertainment (games) cycles, because I have no intention of ever paying them again to be there.... 🤓

Grading the Basketball xfers:

The Gators have transformed their roster following a 16-17 season in year one under head coach Todd Golden, which ended with an ugly One&Done loss to UCF at home in the NIT.

And as a bonus for UF, they get to play UK and UA twice in the coming season, so welcome to the 'always fair to UF SEC,' Todd.... 🙄

Last edited:
7'1 190lbs. Dude needs a few LBs. Good pick up for the Gators. Very skilled for his size.
I watched two of John Bol's games at the NBPA Top 100 Camp last week and I didn't see a skilled player.

In fact, none of the media members around me could give me a good reason why Bol was at the camp. I asked someone with John Lucas Enterprises (they select the players for the camp) why Bol was invited and he refused to answer the question.

Silly me, I thought he was related to Manute Bol but @Celtics99 told me that John isn't related to Manute Bol or Bol Bol.

John Bol did rebound well the second time I watched him. Had seven iirc. But he was pushed around fairly easily. It was also obvious that he has not been playing the game very long.

Reactions: gatordad3
I watched two of John Bol's games at the NBPA Top 100 Camp last week and I didn't see a skilled player.

In fact, none of the media members around me could give me a good reason why Bol was at the camp. I asked someone with John Lucas Enterprises (they select the players for the camp) why Bol was invited and he refused to answer the question.

Silly me, I thought he was related to Manute Bol but @Celtics99 told me that John isn't related to Manute Bol or Bol Bol.

John Bol did rebound well the second time I watched him. Had seven iirc. But he was pushed around fairly easily. It was also obvious that he has not been playing the game very long.
Interesting. Good info. He's decomitted so curious to see where he lands.

Bouncing back to the 1-2-3 positions for 2023=24:
The 1-2-3 Gator position players look very flexible, able to play more than one position.

PG/SG Zyon Pullin 6-4 185 Grad-Sr - UC Riverside xfer - 3X All-Big West
2023 - FG 48.6%, 3's 39.4%, FT 77.1% -- 18.3 Pts, 4.4 Rbs, 4.2 Asts

SG/SF Julian Rishwain 6-5 190 Grad-Sr - BC/U-SanFran xfer
20 Gms, 11 Starts - 5 pts, 2.4 Rbs, 0.9 Asts.-- Career bench player with some talent, 107 Gms, 14 Starts.
He suffered a season-ending lower leg injury at Portland (1/12/23).

CG/SF Will Richard 6-4 206 Jr - Belmont xfer - OVC 2021-22 All-Newcomer team.
2023 - FG 49.3%, 3's 39.8%, FT 85.7% -- 10.4 Pts, 4.5 Rbs, 0.8 Asts, 29 Stls, 18 Blks
JMOHO, but he seems the most flexible at all 3 positions, 1-2-3.

CG Walter Clayton IV 6-2 195 Jr - Iona xfer - MAAC PoY & Conf. Champs
2023 - FG 45.5%, 3's 43.1%, FT 95.3% #1 NCAA
16.8 Pts, 4.3 Rbs, 3.2 Ast, 1.8 TO's + 59 Stls & 30 Blks
2X FL HS 6A State Champs

CG/SF Denzel Averdeen 6-5 189 So - Orlando, FL Dr. Phillips
High-IQ, versatile 4-star with limited time in 12 Gms behind a pair of 5th-year PG's.
Scored 27 Pts in winning the 2021 FL HS 7A state championship.
2022 HS - 14.4 Pts, 3.6 Rbs, 3.1 Asts

SG/SF Riley Kugel 6-5 207 So - Fr All SEC
2023 - 9.9 Pts, 2.8 Rbs, 1.0 Ast
2021 FL HS 7A state champs.

PG Jack May 6-4 195 rsjr - WO

#25 CG/SF Isaiah Brown 6-5 185 - **** Natl 126 - Orlando, FL - 2024 1st Commit

We all seemed to think that at least making the Big Dance was the minimum for Todd in his 1 season, after seeing the roster he put together. He and we were all disappointed. Here's hoping for better results the 2nd time around, after seeing the 'New & Improved' roster for 2023-24....

Last edited:
What's so bizarre about this is an "NIL agent" of Bol announced his decommitment on Twitter rather than the usual "respect my decision" but I'm opening up my recruiting line.

This kid might be like that tall skinny kid we had years ago we thought would be a star but faltered against good competition. I don't think he got past the NBA development leagues after leaving early but maybe he eventually played overseas but I am not sure. I doubt this kid does much as a freshman unless he goes and shoots up some steroids or something.

This kid might be like that tall skinny kid we had years ago we thought would be a star but faltered against good competition. I don't think he got past the NBA development leagues after leaving early but maybe he eventually played overseas but I am not sure. I doubt this kid does much as a freshman unless he goes and shoots up some steroids or something.

Lol you have to be the most Eyeore of Eyeores to ever live.

More so than sad....and that's his name.

I believe your are thinking of Chris Walker. He could not make the adjustment from 1A high school Bball to the D1 level.

I believe your are thinking of Chris Walker. He could not make the adjustment from 1A high school Bball to the D1 level.

That is him but wasn't he a top 10 recruit? You are always taking a chance with the real skinny big guys if they haven't already shown a good outside shot.

What's so bizarre about this is an "NIL agent" of Bol announced his decommitment on Twitter rather than the usual "respect my decision" but I'm opening up my recruiting line.
Probably should get used to that happening going forward.

Btw, hearing things are heating up between John Bol and Georgia Tech.

Hate missing out on these two kids. However in college hoops the portal is more important today...sadly.

Hate missing out on these two kids. However in college hoops the portal is more important today...sadly.
Or maybe Bol saw that Todd was recruiting #1 C Flory Bidunga 6=8 215 ***** - Kokomo, IN

IF Todd doesn't get Flory, I'd still be happy with C Ryan Jones 6-8 225 **** - Gainesville, FL

Bol can go wherever else he wants, and that's just fine wid-me....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT