ADVERTISEMENT

Carry over to Gator 2023-24 Basketball :-)

What an impressive win. I watched it on delay because I was listening to our softball team on the internet. Riley Kugel showed up today and the team really limited turnovers, made their free throws and played great defense against a very efficient offense. Dominating win.

Damn! I thought IPD and UK alum were the only Cheatapari haters. If they fire Cheatapari, then the AD should fire Mark Stoops, regardless of how much basketball means more than football in Lexington.

Damn! I thought IPD and UK alum were the only Cheatapari haters. If they fire Cheatapari, then the AD should fire Mark Stoops, regardless of how much basketball means more than football in Lexington.

Kentucky football fans are ecstatic they are even bowl eligible for a change. Although that is a day late and a dollar short, since bowl games are utterly meaningless these days.:(

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Kentucky football fans are ecstatic they are even bowl eligible for a change. Although that is a day late and a dollar short, since bowl games are utterly meaningless these days.:(
To this day, 98% of the Kentucky fans pretend to care more about hoops than football. Long before Mark Stoops, they still packed their stadium regardless of their win-loss record.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
PG Pullin enters Tuesday night's contest against LSU in the Exactech Arena having scored in double-figures in 20 consecutive contests.
(Season: Assists 99 - Turnovers 24 - For a 4.1 to 1 Ratio)

It's a feat only four other Gators have accomplished in nearly 30 years.

Former UF guard Anthony Roberson leads the way with 29 games in a row scoring in double-digits, followed by a recent UF standout, forward Colin Castleton, who logged 24 games in a row with 10 points or more. After Castleton, two Florida players – guard Kenny Boynton and forward Udonis Haslem – round out the group, with 23 straight games apiece in double figures for the Gators.

Reactions: ocalaman
Almost blew a 20 point second half lead...goodness. Teams are going to more zone against us, especially in the 2nd half of games and we have yet to solve it. We've watched so many double digit leads evaporate this year.

• Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
Almost blew a 20 point second half lead...goodness. Teams are going to more zone against us, especially in the 2nd half of games and we have yet to solve it. We've watched so many double digit leads evaporate this year.
The Calipari effect? More talent than corching? I really don't want to complain, but damn. This is the most talented Gator team since Billy went to the pros. I don't know what else to make about it. These guys are good.

No easy games in the SEC. Played great the 1st half, then got complacent in the 2nd half, got away from doing the things that got us the big lead and ALMOST blew it. But won the game, which is all that matters. Love this team.

The players seemed to have improved on their FT shooting, now Golden should find a way to attack the zone defense. Clayton Jr summed it up best: "Better to learn from a win than from a loss."

In the post game, Pat Young said the same thing that I said months ago, get up tight on defense and don't let them be comfortable setting up their 1/2 court offense.

Pick up their ball handler as he crosses 1/2 court and press them instead of laying off until they are at the arc and running a play....

UF Women's BB lead the 1st 38 minutes of the game, got tied at the end and then blown out in OT. Got dominated on the boards the 2nd half and OT, had 26 turnovers in the agme, fould way too much and just shot it terribly the 2nd half. A game they should have won and let it slip away. Tough loss.

UF Women's BB lead the 1st 38 minutes of the game, got tied at the end and then blown out in OT. Got dominated on the boards the 2nd half and OT, had 26 turnovers in the agme, fould way too much and just shot it terribly the 2nd half. A game they should have won and let it slip away. Tough loss.
This team will figure it out. Too late maybe for this season but good things are on the horizon.

Excellent SEC road win. Weathered the storm in the first half, hung in there and outplayed them the 2nd half. Thomas Haugh had a great game. Pullin was his normal, steady great self, Clayton was solid and Condon came on the 2nd half.

Gators have now beaten Georgia 10 straight. Seems like Mike White can take our guys and lose to their guys and then take their guys and lose to our guys. :)
Looks like they have learned how to smoke a zone defense and make them pay. This team has vastly improved since the beginning of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT