ADVERTISEMENT

Are we really living in America?

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
I don’t think it’s her “alternative political viewpoints” that are the issue.

Then what was the issue?

And how do you feel about Brennan's proposal? I'm guessing that you don't believe it. But we both know he isn't even the first one to make it.

This is what Brennan said:

A reasonable person would interpret this as a demand that any politician or public figure who enabled Trump should be required to acknowledge that this was wrong before seeking redemption from society.

I agree fully.

The Gateway Pundit mischaracterized what he said in the most inflammatory way they could think of with their ridiculous assertion that 74,000,000 people are going to be rounded up and forced to submit to “Maoist humiliation sessions.” This is particularly irresponsible coming days after an angry mob stormed the Capitol, incited by falsehoods that they helped to disseminate.

The GP, and similar outlets, are morally complicit in the spreading of fear and division among Americans.

As for McEnany, why would any respectable organization hire someone who continuously helped Trump deceive and sow hatred? Either she has no conscience or she has no judgement.

A reasonable person would interpret this as a demand that any politician or public figure who enabled Trump should be required to acknowledge that this was wrong before seeking redemption from society.

I agree fully.

The Gateway Pundit mischaracterized what he said in the most inflammatory way they could think of with their ridiculous assertion that 74,000,000 people are going to be rounded up and forced to submit to “Maoist humiliation sessions.” This is particularly irresponsible coming days after an angry mob stormed the Capitol, incited by falsehoods that they helped to disseminate.

The GP, and similar outlets, are morally complicit in the spreading of fear and division among Americans.

As for McEnany, why would any respectable organization hire someone who continuously helped Trump deceive and sow hatred? Either she has no conscience or she has no judgement.

You agree with full on nazi tactics? Good to know.

A bit of hyperbole on my part but what he said is absolutely ridiculous not to mention dangerous. The day denunciation is required, we're done. You get that, right? Serious question.

Reactions: jfegaly and fsumc
So Brennan is entitled to his opinion just like every one else. Whats the issue here?

He absolutely is...and I'm glad he offered it publicly. He left no doubt what we're dealing with with him.

We keep hearing from the left that NOW we should heal (now that the left got what they wanted)...we hear that and then we hear shit like what Brennan said. It's a mixed bag i guess, lol.

It's absurd. And if you don't agree then you are absurd.

Reactions: goldmom and fsumc

Assuming that they will need to make offerings as well? Or they too shall face denunciation?

Some of us need to crack open a freaking history book and learn from those well documented mistakes.

Reactions: fsumc

One could make a strong argument that she spoke to a group of people who did just that daily.

But you liked what they said or printed so that's different.

Reactions: fsumc
You agree with full on nazi tactics? Good to know.

A bit of hyperbole on my part but what he said is absolutely ridiculous not to mention dangerous. The day denunciation is required, we're done. You get that, right? Serious question.

No. I agree with him. Maybe we are interpreting his statement differently because what he said does not seem controversial to me. It’s the cynically distorted Gateway Pundit description that is controversial.

To be honest, I take it a step further. I don’t care if people like Ted Cruz or Lindsey Graham are contrite. I will never trust or support either one in a position of power or responsibility, ever. Trust is the coin of the realm, and both are bankrupt.

He absolutely is...and I'm glad he offered it publicly. He left no doubt what we're dealing with with him.

We keep hearing from the left that NOW we should heal (now that the left got what they wanted)...we hear that and then we hear shit like what Brennan said. It's a mixed bag i guess, lol.

It's absurd. And if you don't agree then you are absurd.
Well I used to hear lot of right wind radio, Sinclair network crowd, full of their opinions. I dont think you should take Brennan's opinion any more than just his opinion. I am not even sure he is Left. In the end, one part won, one party lost. Making it larger than that is just ridiculous. I recall people getting worried about Obama taking guns, did that happen? No. Elections are over, time to move on, both parties are American parties, Lefties and Righties, both are Americans, people say things, on both sides that are absurd.

Cancel culture won't terminate the 100's or 1000's of Lone wolves that democrats have birthed! And now another Impeachment hearing tomorrow after 4 years of Trump hate? Unimaginable violence unseen in American history ahead..sadly!

No. I agree with him. Maybe we are interpreting his statement differently because what he said does not seem controversial to me. It’s the cynically distorted Gateway Pundit description that is controversial.

To be honest, I take it a step further. I don’t care if people like Ted Cruz or Lindsey Graham are contrite. I will never trust or support either one in a position of power or responsibility, ever. Trust is the coin of the realm, and both are bankrupt.

That is lunacy. You are smarter than this. Read this last line...

Total denunciation of a despot’s legacy is necessary to eradicate any remaining malignancy.

This despot was a duly elected President of the United States. And this dick is saying that everyone who disagreed with the left and supported the president MUST now denunciate him.

That's un-American. Trump is leaving office. Biden will be POTUS on January 20th. That's the end of it. We don’t have to show contrition in this country because we supported a president over another guy who wanted to be president. The same is true for Cruz and Graham. You don't trust them? Cool...I don't trust Pelosi and Schumer. That's not a new development.

It's over...it's time to move on and you guys can shove denunciation up your ass.

GP characterized it as Maoist because it is freaking Maoist. I am literally stunned that you don't agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsumc and goldmom
Cancel culture won't terminate the 100's or 1000's of Lone wolves that democrats have birthed! And now another Impeachment hearing tomorrow after 4 years of Trump hate? Unimaginable violence unseen in American history ahead..sadly!

Well first Democrats have not birthed any lone wolves. You make it sound like Democrats are some Foreign or Un American people. I have voted for both parties, most recently Dem. Does that make me a lone wolf? Lone wolf of WHAT? to do what exactly? Democrats are as American as Republicans. This is third world country bull shit where you start labelling people that differ with you on politically. I grew up in a third world country and I have seen all this, this is not hallmark of a 200 year old democracy. Most youth of this country is Democrat, so they are some lone wolves? come on man...

Well I used to hear lot of right wind radio, Sinclair network crowd, full of their opinions. I dont think you should take Brennan's opinion any more than just his opinion. I am not even sure he is Left. In the end, one part won, one party lost. Making it larger than that is just ridiculous. I recall people getting worried about Obama taking guns, did that happen? No. Elections are over, time to move on, both parties are American parties, Lefties and Righties, both are Americans, people say things, on both sides that are absurd.

I don't disagree (though Brennan is absolutely a liberal).

I'm saying that Brennan's call for denunciation and acts of contrition from Republicans who supported Trump is ridiculous and dangerous.

Extremists from the right claim stuff 4 years ago does not excuse, or make harmless, stupid crap that people like Brennan are saying today.

Reactions: gatorRAD
I’ve been pretty clear that the mainstream media is often biased in how they frame things. I don’t fully trust any of them.

Those are the people that McEnany had to battle with every day. She absolutely had and made valid points when dealing with those political activists posing as MSM journalists.

She doesn't owe anyone denunciation either. She's very smart and determined and I would hire her in a moment.

That is lunacy. You are smarter than this. Read this last line...

Total denunciation of a despot’s legacy is necessary to eradicate any remaining malignancy.

This despot was a duly elected President of the United States. And this dick is saying that everyone who disagreed with the left and supported the president MUST now denunciate him.

That's un-American. Trump is leaving office. Biden will be POTUS on January 20th. That's the end of it. We don’t have to show contrition in this country because we supported a president over another guy who wanted to be president. The same is true for Cruz and Graham. You don't trust them? Cool...I don't trust Pelosi and Schumer. That's not a new development.

It's over...it's time to move on and you guys can shove denunciation up your ass.

GP characterized it as Maoist because it is freaking Maoist. I am literally stunned that you don't agree.

He’s not talking average joes. He’s talking about powerful political and media figures who are suddenly trying to distance themselves from Trump after years of enabling his excesses.

Well first Democrats have not birthed any lone wolves. You make it sound like Democrats are some Foreign or Un American people. I have voted for both parties, most recently Dem. Does that make me a lone wolf? Lone wolf of WHAT? to do what exactly? Democrats are as American as Republicans. This is third world country bull shit where you start labelling people that differ with you on politically. I grew up in a third world country and I have seen all this, this is not hallmark of a 200 year old democracy. Most youth of this country is Democrat, so they are some lone wolves? come on man...
Did not say at all the youth of this Country that are primarily democrats (your opinion) would be the lone wolves. SEVENTY FIVE MILLION PEOPLE think their vote was stolen. Out of those 75M, a fraction is most likely going to take it to the next level. Hundreds of unarmed men and women took one of the most secured buildings in the entire WORLD without firing a shot! Why? Because they are hellbent on getting a return for their loss.I would say after the Capitol insurrection the main focus of the FBI and CIA is undoubtedly Lone Wolf discussion at this point..

He’s not talking average joes. He’s talking about powerful political and media figures who are suddenly trying to distance themselves from Trump after years of enabling his excesses.

And how is anything that I've said any less true for political and media figures.

You hate these people so you like the idea. But c'mon man, this is crazy dangerous and it sets an ugly precedent.

Supporting one candidate over another in the United States of America doesn't require an act of contrition.

Reactions: fsumc and goldmom
And how is anything that I've said any less true for political and media figures.

You hate these people so you like the idea. But c'mon man, this is crazy dangerous and it sets an ugly precedent.

Supporting one candidate over another in the United States of America doesn't require an act of contrition.

So, you’re okay with Lindsey Graham repeatedly denouncing Trump, only to become his lapdog a few weeks later. Then after years of being Trump’s biggest apologist in the Senate, he abruptly bails on Trump to escape the fallout of a situation that Graham himself contributed to?

I’m not. I don’t trust guys like Graham. Brennan is saying that Graham (and other prominent Trump enablers) shouldn’t just slither away without acknowledging his role in this as he denounces Trump’s excesses.

I agree fully.

so when you calling on kamala to step down?

So, you’re okay with Lindsey Graham repeatedly denouncing Trump, only to become his lapdog a few weeks later. Then after years of being Trump’s biggest apologist in the Senate, he abruptly bails on Trump to escape the fallout of a situation that Graham himself contributed to?

I’m not. I don’t trust guys like Graham. Brennan is saying that Graham (and other prominent Trump enablers) shouldn’t just slither away without acknowledging his role in this as he denounces Trump’s excesses.

brennan is the biggest crook out there

I don't disagree (though Brennan is absolutely a liberal).

I'm saying that Brennan's call for denunciation and acts of contrition from Republicans who supported Trump is ridiculous and dangerous.

Extremists from the right claim stuff 4 years ago does not excuse, or make harmless, stupid crap that people like Brennan are saying today.

Your statement, in a vacuum, I agree with.

However, I think what Brennan is saying is, if you supported Trump and still do, ok. If you never supported Trump and still don't, ok.

Even, if you kinda wishy washy half supported him and now don't, ok.

But if you were riding his dick for 4 years, everything he said was gold, and you explained away any of the crazy stuff (or even doubled down on it) up until Jan 6, don't come out 3 days later and be all "I never REALLY supported him" and think it's all good. It's not all good.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe

I agree fully.

Gateway Pundit is a rag that appeals to the least of us.

BTW, here is the guy Ghost said was Antifa.

Capitol Police said that Angeli had called the FBI on Thursday and confirmed he was the man in the photos, according to a Capitol Police arrest affidavit obtained by The Washington Post. The document stated that Angeli said he had traveled to Washington “with other ‘patriots’ from Arizona, at the request of the President that all ‘patriots’ come to D.C. on January 6, 2021.”

Angeli also wore red, white and blue face paint and carried a spear with the American flag attached as he roamed the Capitol. His many torso tattoos were also visible, including an old Norse runic symbol called the “valknut,” or “knot of the slain,” that has been appropriated by white supremacists.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT