ADVERTISEMENT

And LSU hires….

Desperation hire. Don't think you could try to come up with a worse fit. Let's go get a cop coach from the ivory towers of academia and bring him down here to instill his culture into the program. Gimme a break. When Nick heard that he just rolled over and went back to sleep. Gone in two years tops!

Nope, no way is he leaving in the next 7 years, let alone 2.

He's got a 100 million dollar contract. Since Jimbo's contract is similar and has a buyout of a cool $45 million.....I expect something similar for Kelly.

I thought LSU would offer a 4-5 year contract for maybe 7 million. But 10 years and 100 million?

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Reactions: gatordad3
You're absolutely right.

30 years ago, at 8 years old, without having any personal fanhood, without watching a single full football game,...... knew that somebody playing for Notre Dame was supposed to be a big deal.

Even an ignorant kid who had never left the state of Florida untill years later knew that much.

Totally different on how people view the brand in modern times. If I were to wager a guess.....even the folks who live up North don't view playing for Notre Dame the same way as the years of old.

Yea, high school bands play the domer's fight song, but its likely tradition only or just a "eeeh, why not?"

You and I have the same feel about Notre Dame. I'm 5 years younger but still.

Notre Dame and all it's history basically meant nothing for most of our lives when it translates to the field.

Sure, Charlie Weis struck a little magic early on in the mid 2000s, and then A young like mid-40s Kelly took it over and has had a lot of success, but it's glaring how different they are than the top programs.

I think Kelly is a cultural mismatch in the SEC (at his age especially) while he was a perfect match for Notre Dame.

I just don't see it working. And the people, even my old buddy Michi, that think we should have gone after him, are missing the point.

Will he have success? I think so, simply because of where he is, but this also very much feels like a guy that wants to get the most out of his last years in the job (which is why we turned him down, I believe, because if it does become a struggle for him, he might check out...dude has made his money.)

I'm increasingly optimistic about Napier. But we'll see how it goes.

8eecd04c-3d51-444d-b6da-6b2c99c98ab6-jpeg.37919

I think Brian Kelly is a very good coach, but at best he was LSU's #3 choice. And I'm not sure how he'll fit into the SEC meat grinder. Like all the other hires, time will tell. I'm fine with the guy we got. But I was also fine with Muschamp, McElwain & Mullen at the time.

You're absolutely right.

30 years ago, at 8 years old, without having any personal fanhood, without watching a single full football game,...... knew that somebody playing for Notre Dame was supposed to be a big deal.

Even an ignorant kid who had never left the state of Florida untill years later knew that much.

Totally different on how people view the brand in modern times. If I were to wager a guess.....even the folks who live up North don't view playing for Notre Dame the same way as the years of old.

Yea, high school bands play the domer's fight song, but its likely tradition only or just a "eeeh, why not?"

It has changed dramatically up here as far as brand.

OSU is pretty much a misplaced SEC team and other than that no team really stands out. Notre Dame and Michigan cancelling their annual game has really hurt both brands

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
Max Johnson's brother just opened up his recruitment by decommitting from LSU.

Mac Johnson and his brother are gone. So is Brennan.

Bizarrely enough, their only scholarship QB is Doug Nussmeier's som, who everyone there is in love with.

Mac Johnson and his brother are gone. So is Brennan.

Bizarrely enough, their only scholarship QB is Doug Nussmeier's som, who everyone there is in love with.

If there is one position BK should be able to land its QB

I just think his personality will be off putting, especially to southern kids

Hell of a coach, just fear the southeast is not a good fit for him

If there is one position BK should be able to land its QB

I just think his personality will be off putting, especially to southern kids

Hell of a coach, just fear the southeast is not a good fit for him

That was pretty much my point when everyone started bemoaning that we turned him away.

Yep. Kelly is a good coach but I think he would have been a terrible fit at UF.

Correct, he needed to hold out for Mich, Ohio St or PSU.

He is elite in the midwest, not sure he is a fit in the south

That said, Napier needs to step up, because right now he is hugely losing the PR battle

Bad fit. I could be wrong, but this is not going to work out.
That might be whistling past the graveyard. Kelly is a good coach, better than the Ogre....and the Ogre even got a natty there. The only thing I see on how Kelly could fail is if he’s not a cultural fit.....he’s certainly trying, but it appears he’s trying too hard. Recruiting to LSU won’t be a problem though

Reactions: PacoGator19
That might be whistling past the graveyard. Kelly is a good coach, better than the Ogre....and the Ogre even got a natty there. The only thing I see on how Kelly could fail is if he’s not a cultural fit.....he’s certainly trying, but it appears he’s trying too hard. Recruiting to LSU won’t be a problem though
This

If you watched that game today and still talk crap about AR I have to wormer if you even know what a football looks like.
We played A@M that is a worse football team then we are. AR is a decent QB but he is NO means as good as Bennett, Hooker, Daniels and Young

If you watched that game today and still talk crap about AR I have to wormer if you even know what a football looks like.
Wasn't too long ago LSU got trounced by Tennessee giving up 41 points and all of a sudden BK has a great defense?

Wasn't too long ago LSU got trounced by Tennessee giving up 41 points and all of a sudden BK has a great defense?
LSU has beaten Florida, Ole Miss and Bama the last 3 games. I say that defense is pretty darn good.

We played A@M that is a worse football team then we are. AR is a decent QB but he is NO means as good as Bennett, Hooker, Daniels and Young
He’s better than Bennett, and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. And he looked better against uga than hooker did. But go ahead and put him down if you think it makes you look cool or something.

He’s better than Bennett, and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. And he looked better against uga than hooker did. But go ahead and put him down if you think it makes you look cool or something.
Holla at me win AR helps lead us to a National Championship or takes us 9-0 and then I will anoint him.

Last edited:
We'll have to disagree here. Put Bennett at UF. The crowd would be throwing cups of bourbon and coke on that bum. He's definitely a product of the system. He'd be shell shocked, sacked every other time he dropped back. UF is a work in progress. Not sure if AR will progress but Bennett sucks balls. He never gets pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT