ADVERTISEMENT

And LSU hires….

Kelly is a good coach and there were rumors he was looking to get out of ND because he has done all he can do there and can’t win a natty at ND. He can win a natty at LSU. With that being said Kelly doesn’t really strike me as a SEC guy.
Domers have to deal with the fact that their school is now a stepping stone job to the SEC.

BK is an excellent coach, has won big at every level. Will be interesting to see if his personality can fit in the SEC
Bye Bye Cupcake schedule. Better tighten up cause the last time he played BAMA his team was run off the field. Welcome to the Mighty SEC

Reactions: martycat1
Bye Bye Cupcake schedule. Better tighten up cause the last time he played BAMA his team was run off the field. Welcome to the Mighty SEC

I don't think 31-14 is being run off the field. I mean, it was business as usual and Bama won comfortably, but Notre Dame did better than most SEC teams vs Bama(perhaps the second best).

They're just being stubborn. They are ACC in every sport sans football where they have to play a 5-game slate anyway. Why not just pull the darn trigger already? Geesh.
ND is going to find it increasingly more difficult to get into the CFP as an independent especially with that weak schedule and no conference championship game. Maybe they are counting on an expanded playoff field.

I have to give credit to LSU. No one had Brian Kelly on their Bingo card.
He wasn't exactly on the top of their list.
Now that the Notre Dame job is open, this is Matt Campbell's chance at a big time gig.
And I just so happened to steal this from one of Fevered Brains posts.

Yep! He'll fit in at Notre Shame.

I kinda wonder if he views LSU as his swan song. He has to know that it will be much more difficult to get to the playoffs. He likely doesn't need the money.

At least at LSU He can ride out his last coaching years without freezing his butt off.

I kinda wonder if he views LSU as his swan song. He has to know that it will be much more difficult to get to the playoffs. He likely doesn't need the money.

At least at LSU He can ride out his last coaching years without freezing his butt off.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The more I think of this hire the more I’m not sure. I do think Kelly is a good coach but he’s a bit of an odd ball/quirky guy. I could see after 3-4 years him saying I don’t want to deal with this crap and flame out. With that being said LSU has had 2 bums win natty’s so….
Yeah - LSU has issues and is dealing with a lot of problems right now. Personally, I think Kelly made a mistake, but how can you question the money he's going to get paid even if it doesn't work out?

USA Today claims Kelly was being paid $2.7 million as recently as 2019 at ND. I don’t know if that’s true. If it is, the ND admin either didn’t like him or they are delusional.

Reactions: PacoGator19
BK and his people reached out to UF to gauge our interest.
Do you have a link for that? I am not calling you out. I am just interested in getting a little more info on that.

My sources say that we settled on Billy Napier very quickly. I would just like to see if what I have been told is true.

Last edited:
USA Today claims Kelly was being paid $2.7 million as recently as 2019 at ND. I don’t know if that’s true. If it is, the ND admin either didn’t like him or they are delusional.

If they think they are going to pull in a good HC from a power 5 school at that kinda price than they are incredibly delusional. Not everybody is over the moon of the "privilege" to coach for them.

I'm guessing Kelly was never a huge stickler for getting competitive HC-ing pay. He would be in the right to ask for at least twice that.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Notre Dame has eroded as a national football institution. Not that many years ago Bama beat them for the first time in their history. Hell untold thousands of high schools play their fight song. Kids nowadays don’t know how “lucky” they are to play for the Irish. Do they even know who Rudy is?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT