ADVERTISEMENT

All staff related to DEI at UF just got fired...

60.80 is much too high. Education is a good thing not a bad thing. Key is it must be education.
There are many ways to get an education. We need more people who can change their own tire, rather than being able to identifiy a dangling participle. I want our young people to be able to DO more and pontificate less. Outside of the very specialized paths I pointed out, most people ought to be able to educate themselves. You dont need some silver haired pony tails to teach you basic things.

Reactions: NavigatorII
There are many ways to get an education. We need more people who can change their own tire, rather than being able to identifiy a dangling participle. I want our young people to be able to DO more and pontificate less. Outside of the very specialized paths I pointed out, most people ought to be able to educate themselves. You dont need some silver haired pony tails to teach you basic things.
Yeah, college has nothing to do with not being a retard or being a retard. This country didn’t get where it is by having too many plumbers.

Yeah, college has nothing to do with not being a retard or being a retard. This country didn’t get where it is by having too many plumbers.
IDK. I think we are probably gonna need more plumbers, welders, pipe fitters, lineman, railway work etc....if we want to thrive moving forward. We have enough people working the HR angle or call center reps.

Reactions: greyghost14
Like I said, its one thing if you are going to pursue medicine, law....etc. However, the culture has convinced people that you need to attend and get any degree as a starting point in life. Pure nonsense. I agree with your statement, but maybe I cut attendance by 60-80%.
Yep. And funny.......... I don't know a single poor plumber or electrician. Most of them are top 5%ers. But like many things in life, it requires common sense to do them. Anthropology and gender studies, not so much.

IDK. I think we are probably gonna need more plumbers, welders, pipe fitters, lineman, railway work etc....if we want to thrive moving forward. We have enough people working the HR angle or call center reps.
We better. the average pressure vessel welder is 55.

We better. the average pressure vessel welder is 55.
Get on your feet Navy diver!!!!! 😂

MV5BMTI0MDA0MDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDMzOTY3._V1_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
If we need them the market will provide them or the price goes up until the market provides them. What made America great is the cream that rises, education facilitates the rise. Do we overdue it? Probably. But it’s better than under-doing it. Brains and opportunity are what made us great. Just look where all the economic activity comes from. Like 1% of the land mass.

Yep. And funny.......... I don't know a single poor plumber or electrician. Most of them are top 5%ers. But like many things in life, it requires common sense to do them. Anthropology and gender studies, not so much.
You need to stick to bookkeeping

You’re likely confusing business owners with the trade. Most are not the business owner.

Recent survey of employers from Intelligent.com really shows that tremendous investment a college education is.

• 38% of employers avoid hiring recent college graduates in favor of older employees
  • 1 in 5 employers have had a recent college graduate bring a parent to a job interview
  • 58% say recent college graduates are unprepared for the workforce
  • Nearly half of employers have had to fire a recent college graduate

Recent survey of employers from Intelligent.com really shows that tremendous investment a college education is.

• 38% of employers avoid hiring recent college graduates in favor of older employees
  • 1 in 5 employers have had a recent college graduate bring a parent to a job interview
Is this serious? You people really are too easy.

I was interviewing candidates for an executive assistant position for myself after preliminary screenings by HR. One candidate I remember very well. She was led to our conference room by HR and I came in and sat down across from her. She was on her phone and didn't even recognize I had entered the room or sat down. She remained on her phone for another 30-45 seconds and finally looked up at me and said "oh, hi". I said "hello, thank you for coming in, good bye". She said "what"? I said "interview over" and walked out.

Yes, HR missed on this lady and she probably shouldn't have been invited in due to lack of experience. She was 25 or 26 years old with a degree from a private university in a useless major.

I ended up hiring a lady in her late 40"s, mother of 2, never went to college. She is intelligent, hardworking and a great team mate and colleague.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
I was interviewing candidates for an executive assistant position for myself after preliminary screenings by HR. One candidate I remember very well. She was led to our conference room by HR and I came in and sat down across from her. She was on her phone and didn't even recognize I had entered the room or sat down. She remained on her phone for another 30-45 seconds and finally looked up at me and said "oh, hi". I said "hello, thank you for coming in, good bye". She said "what"? I said "interview over" and walked out.

Yes, HR missed on this lady and she probably shouldn't have been invited in due to lack of experience. She was 25 or 26 years old with a degree from a private university in a useless major.

I ended up hiring a lady in her late 40"s, mother of 2, never went to college. She is intelligent, hardworking and a great team mate and colleague.
Sooooo there are a lot of idiots out there? No kidding.

You’re likely confusing business owners with the trade. Most are not the business owner.
Who the hell do you think owns those trades Nickelodeon? Now get back to your goat ranch and work on your golf 24 handicap. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
Who the hell do you think owns those trades Nickelodeon? Now get back to your goat ranch and work on your golf 24 handicap. 😂

Huh? Owners represent a small fraction of the total nickel. Jfc, why do you people argue. You have always been at best average!!! Always!!! That doesn’t change!!!

Huh? Owners represent a small fraction of the total nickel. Jfc, why do you people argue. You have always been at best average!!! Always!!! That doesn’t change!!!
LOL.........you couldn't even hang in Commiefornia, where Gavin gives the you losers free ish. 😂

• Haha

Where the hell did you think those business owners started? You are weak, soi boi. 😂

images

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT