ADVERTISEMENT

A QB Comparison; Tim Tebow and Jameis Winston

Originally posted by Seminiferous:
I've read the Main Board thread, and, like I've been saying, Winston > Driskel.

My judgment is colored not by hatred for Tebow, but by appreciation for Winston's genius when the stadium lights go on.
You must be poor at math. basic addition

My judgment is colored not by hatred for Tebow, but by appreciation for Winston's genius when the stadium lights go on.
Well, at least he can proudly display that diploma from Stanford.

Originally posted by Leesgator:

Well, at least he can proudly display that diploma from Stanford.
Is that why he squints all the time, he's waiting on the stadium lights to go on/? What does he do during a day game?

I harbor no enmity towards Tebow. Rather, my post EXPRESSLY recited "…my judgment is colored NOT by hatred for Tebow…" (emphasis supplied.)

Tebow appears by all measures to be a good guy. As a Christian, I appreciate his Christian proselytism.

This post was edited on 1/9 9:56 PM by Seminiferous

Silly debate.

Both QB's were fantastic athletes and outstanding leaders on the field.

Tebow gets the nod for off-the-field. He represented himself and his university with class. ...as did Ward, Weinke and Wuerffel.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:

Originally posted by SKSnole:

The idea that one player clearly had a better career than another based on yardage and touchdown totals. I'm guessing MJ and Paco also believe that Drew Brees has clearly had a better career than Tom Brady.
Bit Tebow and Winston played in and won one National Title.

So I am not quite sure what your point might be.
My point is that you can't look at one criteria to compare players, coaches, etc. If stats are what matter Johnny Manziel had a better career than Charlie Ward. If record is what matters Kellen Moore had a better career than Danny Wuerffel. If championships are what matter AJ McCarron had a better career than Sam Bradford. If Heisman's are what matter Jason White had a better career than Tommy Frazier. I'm not saying Winston had a better career than Tebow or vice versa. I'd have to really look at their careers to give an honest answer. Tebow no more had a better career than Winston based on stats than Marcus Outzen had a better career than Rex Grossman and Casey Weldon based on rings. You have to look at the whole picture.

Rather, my post EXPRESSLY recited "…my judgment is colored NOT by my hatred for Tebow…" (emphasis supplied.)
Yes, but that just means your judgment is not colored by your hatred for Tebow, but other things are.

"My hatred..." - your words.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
Silly debate.

Both QB's were fantastic athletes and outstanding leaders on the field.

Tebow gets the nod for off-the-field. He represented himself and his university with class. ...as did Ward, Weinke and Wuerffel.
Not nearly as silly as what spawned this thread, which is nole claims of jamie being the best ever.

Pass:

Please re-read my ORIGINAL post of 4:45, as copied several times by Gator posters, to-wit:

"My judgment is colored not by hatred for Tebow… (emphasis supplied.)

I don't hate Tebow.

-Seminiferous

Originally posted by djegators:
Not nearly as silly as what spawned this thread, which is nole claims of jamie being the best ever.
I don't think there is such a thing as "best ever", IMO...at any position. A lot of amazing athletes have graced the grid iron over the years (regardless of team affiliation).

Now, we can certainly have our favorites; mine being Warrick Dunn.

I don't think there is such a thing as "best ever", IMO...at any position. A lot of amazing athletes have graced the grid iron over the years (regardless of team affiliation).

The Gator killer. Dunn is a total class act. What he has done down in Tampa building those houses is remarkable. Great kid.

Originally posted by SKSnole:My point is that you can't look at one criteria to compare players, coaches, etc. If stats are what matter Johnny Manziel had a better career than Charlie Ward.
I wan't looking at just one criteria. I was looking at composite measures.

But you spend time telling Gators their posts are silly, but not your nole brethren...that was my point.

But you spend time telling Gators their posts are silly, but not your nole brethren...that was my point.
I didn't realize my post was directed at a particular fanbase. The only post I continually direct towards Gators is their continued obsession with Jameis. I have not done so in this thread, though.
wink.r191677.gif

To appease you and the masses, though. I think it is silly for any Gator, Nole or scUM fan to debate GOAT players; especially ones that played at different times (not able to face-off on the field). Each team has produced some quality players with high character as well as the opposite. Welcome to college football.

I had the pleasure of meeting David Nelson in person. Awesome individual who is also doing great charitable work. Don't really care he is a Gator. Heck, I've already made it clear my favorite soccer player of all time is Abby Wambach. This rivalry crap is just for fun.

Why compare Jameis to a guy who was drafted before he even started playing college ball? Let's compare Jameis to Brantley, Driskel, Brissett, Murphy, Harris, etc.

FWIW Tebow won 2 national title's. Correct he wasn't a starter, but he was most certainly a very key player for that 2006 UF national championship team and he was a true freshmen at that.

Your probably not going to find too many QBs if any that had as decorated college career and awards/accomplishments as Tim Tebow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT