MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Tim Tebow wins by almost every measure;

Tim

2a0as5c.jpg
Jameis

2q159iw.jpg

It isn't even close, but while your at it you may as well check out Wuerrfel's and Marcus Mariota's. All have much better numbers than Winston.

Winston has a better arm and sees the field better, Tebow commits fewer turnovers and crimes.

Can't compare a guy that played 4 years to a guy that played only two. Winston first year he passed for over 4,000 yds and 40 td's. Tebow best passing year was 32. Both numbers were a product of the offenses they ran. FSU is a pass happy team, Gators under Tebow was zone read. That's why Tebow had a ton of rushing yardage. Both guys were great on the college level. Not sure why you guys feel the need for these petty comparisons. If Winston had played his junior and senior years, who knows how many records he could have broken. Btw, stats don't dictate who's the best qb, I'm not saying that either. If that was the case Case Keenum and Timmy Change would be considered better than both.

In four years, three as a starter, Tim had fewer interception that Jameis had last year, in only one year.

Obviously, NFL GMs look beyond cold statistics, e.g.: systems, arm strength, intelligence, leadership, pocket presence, scrambling, accuracy, touch, calmness under pressure, height, strength, quality of opponents, ability to make all the throws, discipline, etc. Otherwise, teams could simply draft in the order of quarterback ratings at years' end without even watching, researching or interviewing the candidates.

Originally posted by Seminiferous:
Obviously, NFL GMs look beyond cold statistics, e.g.: systems, arm strength, intelligence, leadership, pocket presence, scrambling, accuracy, touch, calmness under pressure, height, strength, quality of opponents, ability to make all the throws, discipline, etc. Otherwise, teams could simply draft in the order of quarterback ratings at years' end without even watching, researching or interviewing the candidates.
Mr Strawman, Mr Strawman, your table is now ready at the Red Herring Cafe.

Who is talking about the NFL? We were talking about the college careers of the two players. Tim's career was clearly superior.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:

Who is talking about the NFL? We were talking about the college careers of the two players. Tim's career was clearly superior.
Who are you trying to convince?

MJ:

How can you with a straight face attempt to compare a two year career with a four year career?

-Seminiferous

They look a lot at character and personality too....but we know he is the best evah at that too...

MJ:

How can you with a straight face attempt to compare a two year career with a four year career?

-Seminiferous
You're correct...it is not fair to point out Winson's number of interceptions in one year being greater than TT had over a four-year period. MJ, what were you thinking?

In four years, three as a starter, Tim had fewer interception that Jameis had last year, in only one year.
So did a lot of other qb's. Still doesn't make them better or worse than Winston. I'm curious to see once Winston is in the NFL, just how many Winston threads are on this board.

MJ:

-Seminiferous
Well Tebow threw less interceptions in 4 years than Winston did in 2. Tebow also has a higher career QB rating and a better completion %. Don't forget Tebow won 2 national title's while at UF as well.
This post was edited on 1/8 3:52 PM by PacoGator19

Maybe by just looking at Tebows first two years he was starter for one. This would not include his freshman because he didn't play that much.

Also since Winston seem to be going backwards it might be good if he didn't have a third year for comparison
This post was edited on 1/8 4:05 PM by regator

We can all agree that Tebow had a much better rushing record than Winston.

Passing is another matter altogether. Compare Winston's passing yardage for two years versus Tebow's for four.

We can all agree that Tebow had a much better rushing record than Winston.

Passing is another matter altogether. Compare Winston's passing yardage for two years versus Tebow's for four.
You really wanna do that? Because then you have to look at per attempt avg not total, since you want to take away the rushing aspect. And you cannot go by Tebow's first year since he was not the starting QB. So even if it is close, then Tebow stands out again, because he did have the impact of his rushing, and he accomplished his stats and wins against far superior competition. Come on delusio-noles, this homerism is very old.

MJ:

-Seminiferous
Ah....lost one argument, so you try another.

Well, that was a decison each athlete made. Tim chose to stay four years and Winston did not.

Plus there are these things called averages. Tim's career averages are, by in large, just better. Also, one can compare the best year of each QB. Tim wins. Finally, one can compare overall ratings. Tim wins there too.

Any more questions?

This post was edited on 1/8 4:23 PM by MJWilliamson

Originally posted by danoleman:

So did a lot of other qb's. Still doesn't make them better or worse than Winston. I'm curious to see once Winston is in the NFL, just how many Winston threads are on this board.
Hmm, good question. How many more times do you think he will be arrested? Unless they move a pro team to tally, the over/under could get interesting.

Originally posted by Leesgator:
Originally posted by danolemaN
Hmm, good question. How many more times do you think he will be arrested? Unless they move a pro team to tally, the over/under could get interesting.
He has never been arrested. But go ahead and bore me with how the cops protected him.

Originally posted by Leesgator:

Originally posted by danolemaN

He has never been arrested. But go ahead and bore me with how the cops protected him.
Awww, that's cute. Poor ole mr. Winston getting picked on..... I will change my question for you. How many more unfortunate and completely out of his control runs ins will he have with the law? Then we can set the over/under on threads. I beginning to think he got you in the head with one of those BB guns.

Someone doesn't need to be arrested to be a pos.
The whole world thinks Winston is a pig except fsu fans.
Wonder who is right?

Record as a starter:

Overall

Winston 26-1 (.963)
Tebow 35-6 (.854)

vs. ranked

Winston 7-1 (.875)
Tebow 10-3 (.769)

vs. unranked

Winston 19-0 (1.00)
Tebow 25-3 (.893)

vs. ranked (final)

Winston 5-1 (.833)
Tebow 7-6 (.538)

You realize in your argument about ranked opponents that Tebow 13 total to Winaton's 8 total and only has 2 more losses, right?

And as to the other ranked stat, Tebow still played 13 to Winston's 6. That means Tebow played more than twice as many ranked teams as Winston did.

"out of control run ins with the law"

Really?? Let me know when you sober up Lee.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Look, you're stupid, which has been well established, so I get that reading comprehension is a challenge for you. Go back and read it again and you will see I said, "out of HIS control". Now, that means completely not his fault. The guy is clearly an innocent victim in all of these unfortunate mishaps. Do you need me to explain this to you as well?

Count me in on that neutral site discussion.

I'm brimming with rejoinders, but am unable to do so on this forum because JD has promised to ban me if I become too colorful in my retorts.

I'm engaging on this board with one hand tied behind my back. That's the way it should be because it's your board.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
You realize in your argument about ranked opponents that Tebow 13 total to Winaton's 8 total and only has 2 more losses, right?

And as to the other ranked stat, Tebow still played 13 to Winston's 6. That means Tebow played more than twice as many ranked teams as Winston did.
...and, I'm assuming "ranked" means top 25. There is a big difference between a team ranked 5th vs. a team ranked #25. Look at the avg. ranking of the "ranked" teams. Tebow on the average played higher ranked teams.

Ah....lost one argument, so you try another.
Well to be fair, Semi is a lawyer, so homeboy is just doing his thing...

In my opinion, if we're talking about FSU QB's I was most impressed with statistics not withstanding, Charlie Ward > Jameis every day of the week, and I'm not sure there would be too many 'Noles that would disagree.

At the same time I was in attendance in Columbia when Timmy won the HT with SEVEN touchdowns (Percy out with 'migranes' too) against South Carolina, and I needed to be wrung out after the "Soak at Doak" and can tell you in terms of the the most electrifying QB on the grass- Tebow vs. Winston.. TT wins hands down.

This post was edited on 1/8 8:58 PM by CommieGator

One sided here but that's fine. We can meet on a neutral board and discuss.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Oh, you going to dazzle me with your intellect on a neutral board? For the sake of this thread, I said Winston had the better arm and can read defenses better and Tebow has the better character. Amazing how some people can avoid being questioned by police while others seem to make a habit of it. Maybe you want to debate that? You nolies seem to have a hard time just admitting Winston has some serious issues from a character standpoint.

Originally posted by PacoGator19:

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

...and, I'm assuming "ranked" means top 25. There is a big difference between a team ranked 5th vs. a team ranked #25. Look at the avg. ranking of the "ranked" teams. Tebow on the average played higher ranked teams.
Well, technically that's true. Tebow's average ranked opponent was 9.46 and Winston's was 9.5

Stylistically, Tebow and Winston are night and day.

Tebow was a brute force with an arm the pros didn't care for.

Winston was nowhere near the runner that Tebow was, but Winston's pocket passing has NFL scouts salivating.

In synopsis, Tebow's game is best suited for college, whilst Winston's game is best suited for the pros.

So I want to make sure I understand what is happening here:

We are comparing one of the all time greatest college football players, leaders and people to a waste of oxygen who ended his career with one of the worst loses in major bowl/BCS/playoff games in which he performed at a D3 level.

Yes, please let's continue this conversation further.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT