ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

Read-um & weep...o_O

2019 Rivals Class -- 10. UF 23 -- 1 - 13 - 9 - 0

1. UA
2. UGA
3. aTM
4. LSU
10. UF
-----
11. PSU
12. USC toejams
13. Neutered Lame
14. tennis-sea
15. FSUcks
21. tOSU
42. scUM
47. UCF
=====

2020 Class -- 3. UF 8 -- 0 - 6 - 2 - 0 -- HS Jr season Rankings

WR Leonard Manuel 6-5 200 - Ocala, FL (R #6 WR ****) (E 74/300)

RB Keyvone Lee 6-1 200 - Clearwater, FL (R #13-RB ****) (E 139/300)

QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 209 - Gainesville, FL (R-E #9-QB ***)
-----
S/Ath Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-4 185 - Dunnellon, FL (E #6-S ****, 97/300)

S Rashad Torrence II 6-0 195 - Marietta, GA (E #11-S **** 229/300)

SDE Kedrick Bingley-Jones 6-4 250 - Charlotte, NC (R #7-SDE **** 124/250) (E 179/300)

SDE Genon Dixter 6-6 260 - Lake Wales, FL (R #15-SDE **** 225/250)

WDE Josh Griffis 6-4 220 - Bradenton, FL (R-E#24 DE ***)

Looks like 'Dan the Man' is climbing right past choker 'Life of Riley.' :p
==================

6. OK 5 -- 0 - 4 - 1 - 0 :D

20. tennis-sea 4 -- 0 - 1 - 1 - 2 :D:D:D
We just lost one of the 2020 class today:
https://247sports.com/college/flori...k-Bingley-Jones-de-commits-from-UF-127866730/

This far out from a signing day, a few are going to come and go, and he might be back before it's all said and done. :cool:

Really? We outplayed them in 2018 by a very large margin. We lost the game because we gave up 3 turnovers and because our 2 best players on the team, both CBs were out of the game for it's entirety but it took UGLY's coaching staff till the 4th FREAKING QUARTER to figure that out and start passing over us and attack our freshman backup CBs. We completely shut their running game down and were leading on the scoreboard in the 2nd half, despite having "atrocious talent levels" and a sideline that was literally nothing but 3* players outplaying BowlCutKid's 4,5,6, and 7* players.

Sorry but coaching matters. We have it, Georgia doesn't. You give us back our 2 CBs to play in that game and we don't screw up and give over 3 turnovers, and we beat UGLY in 2018. We only gave up 3 turnovers in 1 other game and that was the previous one at Vandy, so it's not like it was a persistent problem of ours, it was doable.

Give Dan some more talent, or better yet, talent that HE has brought in to fit with the system he and his coaches are building, and they will out play just about anyone they face. I don't care if Jortgia has a couple extra 8* players on their sideline, they can only make up for the lack of a decent head coach so much.

The simple fact is, we have a proven winner and game day pro at head coach, jortgia doesn't. They literally have a little kid who is promising every 9* player out there the world and handing them 100-200k in case as a signing bonus. If it wasn't for his recruiting that he's doing, he'd be no better than Mr. Potatohead over at Tennerssee. ScurvySmart couldn't even motivate his blabbermouth players to show up for the Sugar Bowl and play. They spent their whole time on twitter crying about how they should have been in the playoffs not ND and then sat there and sucked on their thumbs during the game with Texas. If he cannot motivate and lead these 18-20 year olds, what good is he? How good or bad will he be now that his starting OC and DC have left him for greener pastures as well?

The premise upon which this thread was started (and the speculative conclusion reached) has been proven to be the most gigantically flawed fail in the entire history of the rivals football message board network.

Fever should pay us each $1.00 to simply forget and ignore it forever.
LOL

After dogging the possible hiring of Dan Mullen with a passion due to his mediocre SEC record as a head coach and his crazy terrible win/loss ratio against fellow ranked teams I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt because obviously I had no other choice really as a Gator fan.

I decided to look into his recruiting a little at MSU and there are definitely some red flags there. Mullen had a better first class there on the shortened schedule than he did for like 6 years afterwards. That is pretty rare for a coach in the SEC to have a better time shortened first class than his 2nd class where he has much more time to work on it. His classes got worse not better the first few years he was at MSU.

Mullen's head of recruiting at UF had a grand total of one Rivals blue chipper in 9 years at the position he was responsible for (RB). I do notice MSU seems to try to do the group credit on recruiting as he is mentioned on other position blue chip recruits but Rivals leaves the recruiter spot blank usually on MSU's recruits. Not sure how a team in Miss would assign recruiters compared to a team in FL.

Mullen is currently on track for a joke recruiting class in the teens at most and is eyeballing an embarrassing 7th place or so finish in the SEC in a best case scenario.

I can't believe we are staring at this again after the Mac disaster and all the other big football schools in the south with new coaches are heading to or have had good 2nd classes except for Mac recently.

Sorry but having a good S&C program will not overcome crappy recruiting in the SEC. It takes a real special QB to be able to overcome years of crappy recruiting to have any chance of actually winning the SEC.
I just felt like quoting this only for fun.

Trust the 'fevered brain' cause he always knows what he's yappin' about... :rolleyes:

25 Total - 14 247S Top 300's, 9 EE's
ESPN - 18 ****'s
Rivals #9 Class 1 *****, 14 ****

Plus 1-2 Grad-xfers, UL DE in, GaTech OG maybe in summer...

After dogging the possible hiring of Dan Mullen with a passion due to his mediocre SEC record as a head coach and his crazy terrible win/loss ratio against fellow ranked teams I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt because obviously I had no other choice really as a Gator fan.

I decided to look into his recruiting a little at MSU and there are definitely some red flags there. Mullen had a better first class there on the shortened schedule than he did for like 6 years afterwards. That is pretty rare for a coach in the SEC to have a better time shortened first class than his 2nd class where he has much more time to work on it. His classes got worse not better the first few years he was at MSU.

Mullen's head of recruiting at UF had a grand total of one Rivals blue chipper in 9 years at the position he was responsible for (RB). I do notice MSU seems to try to do the group credit on recruiting as he is mentioned on other position blue chip recruits but Rivals leaves the recruiter spot blank usually on MSU's recruits. Not sure how a team in Miss would assign recruiters compared to a team in FL.

Mullen is currently on track for a joke recruiting class in the teens at most and is eyeballing an embarrassing 7th place or so finish in the SEC in a best case scenario.

I can't believe we are staring at this again after the Mac disaster and all the other big football schools in the south with new coaches are heading to or have had good 2nd classes except for Mac recently.

Sorry but having a good S&C program will not overcome crappy recruiting in the SEC. It takes a real special QB to be able to overcome years of crappy recruiting to have any chance of actually winning the SEC.
LOL. It’s a good thing you waited until July to make this post.

The 'fevered brain' :confused:

The 'Mad-Dog-dollie' :confused:

The 'dust-bowl Choke-la-homo with his head-nailed-to-da-flor' :confused:

Just never seem to learn the difference between the early summer and NSD... :rolleyes:

You can bet that all 3 will be back in a few months, again doing their 'village idiot yappin' about the 2020 class... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT