ADVERTISEMENT

What we're looking at vs Mississippi State next week

MonkOnMars

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Good friend is a booster there. Has told me multiple times we'll win by 35 to which I laugh. I say, well, he hasn't watched us and he replies I havent watched them.

Says Dogs and Lebby in serious rebuild. Will take some time to recover from the Leach years where serious reaches and complete whiffs in recruiting along the defense and OL probably make them the "rock bottom of the SEC." They easily handled an FCS school week one he says he put zero stock in, in terms of a measuring stick for how the season would look. Lost @ Arizona State week 2, 30-23, in a game that was 30-3 over halfway thru the 3rd quarter when ASU called off the dogs, went soft zone, and Mississippi State was able to get some easy stuff underneath, score, gain some momentum, and suddenly ASU got tight before hanging on to win. ASU RB ran for 250-ish yards on MSU defense. Last night they lost to Toledo, at home, 41-17, in a disaster that was never a game. Toledo led 28-3 at halftime and had close to 500 yards of offense.

Point is, this is a booster's take on their program. Numbers may show Lebby's offense moving the ball, the QB having 7 TDs blah blah blah but this is not a good football team in, traditionally, any kind of shape to beat an SEC program in Year 3 of a regime. Our running game should move the ball, if not have a huge day, among quite a few advantages on paper. Of course the game isnt played on paper and we all know what we've watched under Napier.

Really struggling in this one or, worse, getting blown out would clearly signal a breaking point. I have seen attempts online to explain the Miami loss as "to a playoff team" and A&M as a loss to a program that has probably recruited as well as anyone else in America the last few years. And I dont think those statements are inaccurate. But the message they're inferring is and the Mississippi State game, it sounds like, can be used as a line in the sand for this group at this point. Gotta win this one.

• Haha
Reactions: 960608Gators
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.