ADVERTISEMENT

Football What I've heard about some of the early enrollees from the 2020 class

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
Hey all,

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend and is having a good Monday as well.

The early enrollees from the 2020 class spent a limited amount of time on campus before the coronavirus took over everyone's plans, but according to sources, there were still many positives to take away.

I'll start with Joshua Braun, who I believe will be a multi-year starter before it's all said and done. He comes from a great family and is ahead of the majority of his peers in terms of maturity. Last time I heard, he was also in the two-deep.

This is what I was told about Braun from a source close to the program:

"He's a monster. Once (Braun) gets it mentally, he'll be out there. It shouldn't take long. He's a smart kid."

Just a mammoth in the trenches who really excels as an interior offensive lineman. Once he gets his hands on you, it's likely over. I'm stoked to see his development over the next few years.

In regards to Issiah Walker, I'm told he was running with the threes. However, he's another one I could see starting two seasons from now. He made major strides during his senior campaign, and IMO, I thought he should have closed out the cycle as a top-150 player. A lot of potential there and Walker is a true tackle. It's all about learning the scheme and continuing to season up his craft. It's rare to see offensive linemen start in year one, but keep an eye on Walker.

Two additional players I received word on are Ethan Pouncey and Jahari Rogers.

Pouncey was still rehabbing from groin surgery, but I'm told he has been impressive in positional meetings. He is a smart kid who takes to coaching very well. Pouncey has to get healthy and pack on additional mass, but he processes things very quickly and has been a sponge. The staff is excited about him.

This is what I was told about Rogers, an Under Armour All-American:

"(Rogers) showed good athleticism and change of direction movements in offseason workouts and drills but no spring practice to evaluate."

Like with Pouncey, Dan Mullen's staff is excited about Rogers' future. I also spoke with someone close to his family who told me Jahari was really getting accumulated to Gainesville and the people around campus. He was doing very well in workouts, so it's a bummer that everything was forced to be put on hold.

I'll drop off additional notes as I continue to hear from sources close to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News