ADVERTISEMENT

What Is the Difference Between Pickleball and Tennis?

Dec 14, 2022
Pickleball is a rapidly growing sport in the United States. It can be played both indoors and outdoors and has many of the same rules as tennis.

However, there are also some significant differences between pickleball and tennis that players should understand before playing either game.

Tennis…

9828a3d1c9636b88c70b6ad5011a3810.jpg

Pickleball…

f1be2178313191eaa1bfeed3d38bdf7354-rupauls-drag-race-uk.rsquare.w700.jpg

Funny, they were talking about it on the radio yesterday afternoon, there is a park in Alexandria. VA were the "senior" community has basically taken over a neighborhood park. They have somehow changed the 4 tennis courts and 4 basketball courts into pickle ball courts, and are basically there from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm 7 days a week. And there is such a gang of players, that kids/teens are starting to complain because they can never use the courts for playing tennis or basketball any longer. There have also been complaints of the pickle ball players bullying non pickle ball people who go to the park. It's becoming a major issue.

As far as I know both games share some similarities, such as using a paddle and a ball, but there are also notable contrasts. Pickleball is often played on a smaller court, with different rules for serving and scoring. It has its own unique strategy and gameplay dynamics. Tennis, on the other hand, is played on a larger court, with its own set of rules and techniques. It offers a different level of intensity and challenges. If you're looking to try out pickleball, it's important to familiarize yourself with its specific pickleball rules and equipment. Same goes for tennis. No matter what you choose, both sports offer their excitement and enjoyment.

Last edited:
PickleBall is so much fun. I play three days a week, you burn tons of calories and I have made a lot of new friends. PickleBall is all about strategies and angles. I play tennis also, the court is shortened when you play PickleBall. The equipment is different, but a lot of the tennis hits can transfer over to PickleBall. It’s an addicting game!

PickleBall is so much fun. I play three days a week, you burn tons of calories and I have made a lot of new friends. PickleBall is all about strategies and angles. I play tennis also, the court is shortened when you play PickleBall. The equipment is different, but a lot of the tennis hits can transfer over to PickleBall. It’s an addicting game!

Making new friends? Immediate no for me then

From what little I've gathered on the subject, pickleball is for aged, weathered, menopause belly, late in career type women with a masculine competitiveness that lean toward the mannish side of the looks department.

Reactions: NavigatorII
From what little I've gathered on the subject, pickleball is for aged, weathered, menopause belly, late in career type women with a masculine competitiveness that lean toward the mannish side of the looks department.
Yep. It's quite the rage with women in retirement communities. Hell, at least with corn hole you can drink beer and be more entertained. 😂

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I've never had pickled balls before. Now I did have some pickled jalapenos and they were delicious. Not sure what tennis has to do with any of this.

• Haha
Reactions: sadgator
I've never had pickled balls before. Now I did have some pickled jalapenos and they were delicious. Not sure what tennis has to do with any of this.
I like pickles, pickled okra, pickled onions, pickled garlic, pickled beets. I've never had pickled eggs or pickled sausages or pickled fish...I've seen them up close but I ain't trying those because I ain't that country, ain't German, and ain't Swedish...and I ain't some post menopause power tripping broad so ain't trying pickled ball either.

Pickleball is a rapidly growing sport in the United States. It can be played both indoors and outdoors and has many of the same rules as tennis.

However, there are also some significant differences between pickleball and tennis that players should understand before playing either game.
Thank you for joining the site to tell us this important tidbit. ...and I like how you told us something without really telling us anything.

Awesome Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT