ADVERTISEMENT

Football What A Win This Weekend Would Mean

gatorfan9696

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
So excited to get the season started this weekend for the Gators. I just booked flights to Austin yesterday to see the Gators play the Longhorns which should be a fun trip with my son. Was thinking about the game this weekend and I thought it was the biggest game of Napier's tenure here so far. I think a win would be so important for obvious reasons, but I can't get the following two off my mind:

1. With FSU losing this weekend, we have a real chance to have the most momentum in the state. We can keep that going by beating UCF in a few weeks and we would essentially be the kings of Florida until the game against FSU in November. That would certainly help recruiting during the season.

2. More importantly, a win this weekend would give our team the confidence for the rest of the season. We had a few close losses last year where I felt like our team (coaches and players) didn't know how to win. If we can beat a top 25 team first game of the year, that should instill some confidence in all of the tough games on our schedule this year.

Nothing earth shattering or ground breaking here, but just wanted to share what was on my mind today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.