ADVERTISEMENT

New Story UPDATED: Ben Sasse is Resigning (OFFICIAL)

Can't say I blame him in that situation. He's been a really good president and I think he is also extremely well spoken. He was one of the leaders nationwide during the campus protests.

He'll certainly be missed, but I respect his decision to take care of his family.

Who were the other top 2 candidates with sasse when the previous search was conducted?

Who were the other top 2 candidates with sasse when the previous search was conducted?
There was no other “top candidate”. President Sasse was the guy that was unanimously selected by BOT. When he was announced it was a complete surprise to everyone because nobody knew he was even being considered.

Reactions: 904Brian and Latsko
Ben Sasse is the most important recruit the university has had in the last 50 years. This is a huge loss. He is ideologically solid, immensely capable, and eloquent. This depresses me more than any of our losing seasons by a longshot. One has to admire that he’s doing it for all the right reasons.

The right move.

As it relates to football, this probably gives Stricklin and Napier at least an additional year of not worrying about job security.

Reactions: 2blades
As others have said, huge loss for the university, but his decision is consistent with the high character and values he's shown. Will be almost impossible to find another like him, but hope he has real influence on his successor.
That's how I feel as well. Clearly our best president since Lombardi and it'll be hard to find another one like him. He was an out of the box hire that was a truly amazing representative of the university we all love.

The right move.

As it relates to football, this probably gives Stricklin and Napier at least an additional year of not worrying about job security.

This.....it's going to take a while to hire a president and not having a boss is good for Striklin's job security...and therefore, Napier's.

It's a sad day for UF as Sasse appeared spectacular....hope we find another good one.

The right move.

Yep. Had that exact conversation with some of my Gator buds last night. Good or bad, I think that's the reality.

Prayers for him and his family. I hope we can find a new president before football season starts

Ben Sasse is the most important recruit the university has had in the last 50 years. This is a huge loss. He is ideologically solid, immensely capable, and eloquent. This depresses me more than any of our losing seasons by a longshot. One has to admire that he’s doing it for all the right reasons.
Maybe he will have something to add regarding who UF goes after.

Reactions: Gator21480
Yep. Had that exact conversation with some of my Gator buds last night. Good or bad, I think that's the reality.
1st off hearts go out to Dr Ben and his fam.

2nd - why do we assume another year will be given to Billy and Strickland over his departure? If sh!t hit the fan this year and the wheels come off, couldn’t the new president come in and clean house and get his own athletic director and let them pick their new head coach? (I’m in the Billy camp, FWIW)

Reactions: dc1gator
1st off hearts go out to Dr Ben and his fam.

2nd - why do we assume another year will be given to Billy and Strickland over his departure? If sh!t hit the fan this year and the wheels come off, couldn’t the new president come in and clean house and get his own athletic director and let them pick their new head coach? (I’m in the Billy camp, FWIW)
It could take months, possibly into 2025 before a new President is selected and the first thing a new President is not going to do is fire and AD and Football Coach in his or hers first months as President. An Fulks, the current interim President certainly won't be firing anyone.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT