ADVERTISEMENT

UF Baseball in Trouble??

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
From #1/2 in the nation to #5 this week and likely to fall more. We're 13-6 with a team batting average of .243 heading into today's game at Auburn. Guthrie (.329) and Bell (.300) are our leading hitters. Experienced veterans are really struggling at the plate. Mike Rivera .186, Deacon Liput .193, JJ Schwarz .211, Nelson Maldanado .263 and Jon India .269 (and that's the 3rd highest batting average on the team). Pitching and defense can only carry a team so far and the SEC is loaded with great hitters and pitchers. I know some diehards who never want to see critical analysis will say last night's 14-3 blowout was nothing to get upset about. It's just baseball and these things happen. But I've watched nearly every game this year and my opinion right now is that this is NOT a team that can contend for an SEC title, let alone a trip to Omaha.

Absolutely true in every aspect. Fire O'Sul and have that sorry team hang up their cleats before they embarrass the always solid Gator baseball fan base any further. I'm with you 100% on this... :oops:

Last edited:
They certainly are scuffling right now. We've all got so used to Sully just reloading these guys that you kind of take it for granted, but those are some tough guys to replace, particularly the pitching. There is plenty of talent though and plenty of time for Sully and these kids to figure it out. They don't have to win the SEC or host a super to get to Omaha.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Absolutely true in every aspect. Fire O'Sul and have that sorry team hang up their cleats before they embarrass the always solid Gator baseball fan base any further. I'm with you 100% on this... :oops:
I somehow knew you'd respond with mockery. Being a solid Gator fan does not mean you never criticize or point out factual flaws with one of our teams. We are blessed to have the coaching staff that we have, but am just stating the obvious about our lack of offensive production and the concern that O'Sullivan has been expressing for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Auburn sweeps the Gators 6-5, scoring 3 unearned runs early in the game and then getting the winning run on a wild throw to 3rd by the pitcher on a sac. bunt. We're now 13-8, 0-3 in the SEC. Like I said, our baseball team is in trouble.

doesn't matter what sport we play auburn in we are going to play our worst miserable ball

doesn't matter what sport we play auburn in we are going to play our worst miserable ball
Not sure about this. This weekend is the first time Auburn has swept Florida in baseball since 1987. Frank Thomas was a part of that Auburn team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT