ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to stay level headed here.

rjm1987

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
When considering our successfull coaches (or any for a top 5 program) you have to look at 3 seasons, as far as "championship coaches" are concerned.

SOS- won SEC titles by his third year.

CUM- natty and SEC title by his third year

Zook-.....ouch

Chump-... this is my favorite argument. Was literally in a New Years bowl by his second year.

Mac-...2 SEC east titles with an a$$ whooping leading up by our favorite program followed by Bama making us their SEC b!tch.

Ok. So lets talk reasoning here. Mac came into a very bad Oline situation. Well, I'm not a math major but usually 3 years in you have your juniors and especially sophmores starting right? Or eliminate dead weight with better players? Sounds too easy. So the onest is on Mac either way right?

Next QB. Bad apple right? Well lets talk the rule of "3 years" again. Do most successfull (championship) coaches find their QB by their third year of coaching? Yes! They most certainly do! Good news is, we are still "breaking ours in" 5 games into Mac's third season. Blame? Lets throw it at Nuss to make us feel better.

Recruiting? We have offense fixed! Nah, just a QB who is legit with a couple dynamic receivers.

Back to point number 1. OLINE? "They are coming". Where? Haven't seen any commits other than a work in progress at interior line.

What about defense? Middle of the defense would love some stouds to help out their shortcomings. DT, LB and Safety? Who is coming in? Oh, the many stars of Ben Hill. They would be dissapointed. And shame on our D coaching staff for not preparing or recruiting to uphold that tradition.

Love my gators (hence why I made this long ass ranting post). Give money. Bleed O & B. Tired of seeing this amateur hour. Seen it twice in my lifetime and not feeling like defending it for a third time. Yes I'm a SOS "baby" but I don't give a sh!t. I know the difference between "figuring it out" and playing in the wrong "game". We have a coach who fell short. We've had them before. You know what helped? Moving on to the one.

Go Gators.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News