ADVERTISEMENT

Trump endorsed Jeff Landry wins Louisiana governorship

Trump the Kingmaker strikes again. No idea how the corndogs got hoodwinked into voting in John Bell Edwards twice, but that disaster is now over with.
Im 'not sure the alleged kingmaker had much to do with it. Hs record in the 22 election wasn't too hot. Of Louisiana's last 12 governors 6 have been Repubs and 6 have been Dems. They seem to go Republican every other governor. Louisiana is now a red state but historically the Dems have been the party. Conclusion: much ado about nothing.

Im 'not sure the alleged kingmaker had much to do with it. Hs record in the 22 election wasn't too hot. Of Louisiana's last 12 governors 6 have been Repubs and 6 have been Dems. They seem to go Republican every other governor. Louisiana is now a red state but historically the Dems have been the party. Conclusion: much ado about nothing.
In what world is 82% success rate "not too hot"? He also primaried 6 of 8 that supported his impeachment. Maybe a bit of research on your part before you post next time? You got that one WRONG

• Love
Reactions: fatman76
In what world is 82% success rate "not too hot"? He also primaried 6 of 8 that supported his impeachment. Maybe a bit of research on your part before you post next time? You got that one WRONG
Do the Republican's control the Senate? No. Why? In part of because of who he endorsed in the primary (and really that was fealty to his specifics around the 2020 election). Other part - abortion politics. (which, Trump, to his credit is trying to find a middle ground) He had no control on the latter and it hurt all of those candidates - badly.

Winning a primary in a polarized political context only means that you are far away from the center.

Next piece - I do not give 2 (radio edit) about his ability to be a "king maker". I care about winning elections.
Focus on:

1. Border and Immigration
2. Crime
3. Inflation
4. Smaller Government

Throw in: Israel and the decline of the West (maybe)

Highlight people like Chamanth (all-in-podcast), who said recently, "I do not like the messenger, but in hindsight, the message was great". He cited the economy, immigration stance, and the Abraham accords. He was a Democrat who will vote Republican. Also take Vivek. Whether he should be the nominee (he shouldn't), he is the exact voter who is not a traditional Republican who aligns more now with the right than the left. Celebrate the shift; don't vilify it.

And watch Trump run away with this election. The Steve Spurrier of politics.

All of the rest is a distraction and self-serving to specific parts of the electorate.

Being a Louisiana native myself, the whole state finally woke up and realized who's really who. People here NEVER liked John Dumb-Bel Edwards simply because he was a centrist. And centrists are the worst kind of voters as you all know. Landry stood up against the Biden Crime Family in that social media censorship battle, and looks to re-up the law enforcement presence especially in New Orleans. My home state is MAGA Country now, so I feel a LOT safer.

Not sure your 82% is creditable. You may be including primaries but not the final count. Regardless Dumb and Dumber against the Loudmouth should be fun. I'll vote Republican regardless who he or she is.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Not sure your 82% is creditable. You may be including primaries but not the final count. Regardless Dumb and Dumber against the Loudmouth should be fun. I'll vote Republican regardless who he or she is.
He was 93% in the primaries and 83% in the general.

Even the NYT admits this.

I was sure before I posted...because I looked it up. You made a comment which was incorrect because you DID NOT know the numbers. Possibly too much CNN?

Right?

Let's be super skeptical because of our feels...never bothering to take 12 seconds to actually look something up.

People that don't like Trump, at least a vast majority of them, do so based on what someone told them he said or did.

Think about that for a second.
It's complete indoctrination. Ask them WHY they hate Trump and they cannot answer you without repeating a media talking point.

Which is a lie. And then they claim Trump supporters are the gullible ones. Another media talking point that is a lie.

Trump supporters are the most intelligent and shrewdest voters in the country.

It's complete indoctrination. Ask them WHY they hate Trump and they cannot answer you without repeating a media talking point.

Which is a lie. And then they claim Trump supporters are the gullible ones. Another media talking point that is a lie.

Trump supporters are the most intelligent and shrewdest voters in the country.
I'm not sure about that, but they're certainly better at sifting through narratives and establishment talking points...and seeing patterns.

I'm FAR from the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'm not sure about that, but they're certainly better at sifting through narratives and establishment talking points...and seeing patterns.

If you talked to most of the strongest Trump supporters, I believe they would tell you that they originally hated Trump, or at least wanted someone else. But they were smart enough to evaluate him using logic, not emotion.

That's why they came around.

If you talked to most of the strongest Trump supporters, I believe they would tell you that they originally hated Trump, or at least wanted someone else. But they were smart enough to evaluate him using logic, not emotion.

100%

I was NOT all in when he came down that escalator. I like some of what he said the previous cycle but assumed it was all a publicity stunt.

Never heard of this guy but:

So everyone they ask is supposed give a totally unique reason? That's ridiculous!

Ask Trumpers why they love Trump and you'll get a lot of the same answers.

You are pretty sharp my friend. Your facts seem to be REAL facts, unlike some others we will refrain from mentioning....

So everyone they ask is supposed give a totally unique reason? That's ridiculous!

What is that answer? If you make a statement...BACK IT UP. WHY do we "love" Trump? I will check back for your response. (I will go on record you have NO F'n clue)

What is that answer? If you make a statement...BACK IT UP. WHY do we "love" Trump? I will check back for your response. (I will go on record you have NO F'n clue)
You like him because he 'owns the libs' on twitter.

You hate him cause he's an asshole. The most unoriginal and simplistic answer possible.

And one of the most common from the bedwetters.

You Trumpers are hilarious. If I don't worship Trump, I must hate him. There's just no other option.
Aren't you claiming to be a moderate? I thought you said all moderates hated him for being an asshole? Was supposed to be the MAJOR reason why he lost. Remember all that?

Now you really don't care? LOL

You Trumpers are hilarious. If I don't worship Trump, I must hate him. There's just no other option.
There is not a single person on this plant that has EVER accused you of being “bright”.Ket me give you some advice. Study more on subjects we discuss. Do not post until you do so. You bring ZERO factual discussion here. All emotional, and from someone that does not represent the make gender well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT