ADVERTISEMENT

Track and Field Champions

Love it. Women's Tennis & Men's Track have been the standard bearers for the UF program. Holloway is a heck of a coach. Congrats Gators!!!

I mean, how much does a track coach really matter. Give me usain bolt and let me coach him. I know they can "help" but normally its about the athletes no? What events were u guys dominate in?

I mean, how much does a track coach really matter. Give me usain bolt and let me coach him. I know they can "help" but normally its about the athletes no? What events were u guys dominate in?
You could make that idiotic statement about any athletic program and it would be stupid every time. Mike Holloway is a Hall of Fame Track & Field Coach acknowledged as one of the greatest coaches in any sport
http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=133

Last edited:
Reactions: instaGATOR
You have to recruit them
You have to make sure they train properly during the off season
You have to keep them on the proper nutrition program
You have to put multiple athletes in proper places and events.
You have to keep them out of trouble
You have to keep them focused
You have to keep them motivated
No matter how fast they are, you try to help them become faster or at least maintain the same speed.
You evaluate any bad habits and have them break those habits

You could make that idiotic statement about any athletic program. Mike Holloway is a Hall of Fame Track & Field Coach acknowledged as one of the greatest coaches in any sport
http://floridagators.com/coaches.aspx?rc=133

Im not saying he is not. Im saying track and field coaches dont do a whole lot. Give me usain bolt. Is he gunna lose to a college sprinter because im the coach? No. Fast people are fast. Yes you have to do a lot of stuff as was pointed out and certain techniques to help improve times but you are not gunna take an avg sprinter and turn him into a world champion. Normally the fastest runners in high school are the fastest runners in college. Im not downing him, he is probably better than most, im saying track coaches cant "move the needle" as much as a football coach

And we are saying that you're FoS,,, but you have a right to your opinion, no matter how far off the starting blocks it is.... :D

• Florida's title also marks their 19th top-2 finish in 30 NCAA Championship meets under head coach Mike Holloway, who became the men's head coach in 2003
    • No other program has more than 9 top-2 finishes in that time frame.
  • Florida posted its 9th consecutive top-3 finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, tying Arkansas (1992-2000) for the third-longest streak in meet history.
Coach Holloway on some of the highlights of the team title…"Anyone who had a Gator uniform on this weekend was a highlight. We didn't have one guy that laid down and didn't do their best. There wasn't one person or one performance. We're a team, we're a family, and we got this done as a team and as a family."

For the rest of the story.....
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...gators-repeat-capture-seventh-team-title.aspx

And we are saying that you're FoS,,, but you have a right to your opinion, no matter how far off the starting blocks it is.... :D

• Florida's title also marks their 19th top-2 finish in 30 NCAA Championship meets under head coach Mike Holloway, who became the men's head coach in 2003
    • No other program has more than 9 top-2 finishes in that time frame.
  • Florida posted its 9th consecutive top-3 finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, tying Arkansas (1992-2000) for the third-longest streak in meet history.
Coach Holloway on some of the highlights of the team title…"Anyone who had a Gator uniform on this weekend was a highlight. We didn't have one guy that laid down and didn't do their best. There wasn't one person or one performance. We're a team, we're a family, and we got this done as a team and as a family."

For the rest of the story.....
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...gators-repeat-capture-seventh-team-title.aspx

Im sure they have done well. Im sure he has helped and been a part of that. However, a coach can only have so much impact in track, recruiting is probably the biggest impact. What im saying is a track coach is not gunna take a guy that is 4.7 and make him 4.2. You fast or u aint

And the 100M is the only slot in all of Track & Field, a TEAM sport?
Throws, jumps, combo's like hurdles, etc don't come into your frame of reference I'm guessing? :rolleyes:

Of course there is more than 100m. Do you think a basjetball coach matters? For instance, look at the GS Warriors, did they fall off the face of the earth when Kerr was not coaching? No, they kept chugging along. In football, the coach matters way more than any other sport. In sports like Baseball, Basketball, and track the coach means way less. Especially the higher you go

You are welcome to your opinion, as clueless as it appears to be.
But you could probably save yourself some time by not attempting to bring anyone over to your way of seeing it.

Hiring and salaries alone put the nix to your opinion, IMOHO... :cool:

But you could probably save yourself some time by not attempting to bring anyone over to your way of seeing it.

Im not saying coaching doesnt matter. Im saying it matters less. I would love to see the warriors record the last 2 yrs without kerr and with kerr. I could have coached the warriors to a title this yr

Im not saying coaching doesnt matter. Im saying it matters less. I would love to see the warriors record the last 2 yrs without kerr and with kerr. I could have coached the warriors to a title this yr
Look, the average nba IQ Is low enough, dont need you dragging it down further

Look, the average nba IQ Is low enough, dont need you dragging it down further

Thats what i thought. No facts, cant stand that im right. I guarantee i know more about the NBA and how to win in the NBA then ur little pea brain. For instance, i bet u didnt no the warriors went 39 and 4 WITHOUT KERR last year. They went UNDEFEATED in the playoffs this year WITHOUT Kerr. So u were saying? Tuck tail and run back to ur safe space you nimwit

"I bet you didn't no"...You mean know?

Coaching is more than x's and o's. Every real athlete "knows" that. I bet if we bought you for what you thought you were worth and sold you for what you're really worth, we'd all be rich.

"I bet you didn't no"...You mean know?

Coaching is more than x's and o's. Every real athlete "knows" that. I bet if we bought you for what you thought you were worth and sold you for what you're really worth, we'd all be rich.

I think you have that backwards.

Thats what i thought. No facts, cant stand that im right. I guarantee i . ow more about the NBA and how to win in the NBA then ur little pea brain. For instance, i bet u didnt no the warriors went 39 and 4 WITHOUT KERR last year. They went UNDEFEATED in the playoffs this year WITHOUT Kerr. So u were saying? Tuck tail and run back to ur safe space you nimwit
Aww, didnt mean to hurt your feelings. But let Bolt know he can fire his coach any time per you. Track coaches do a lot. Only a dumbass thinks otherwise.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Of course there is more than 100m. Do you think a basjetball coach matters? For instance, look at the GS Warriors, did they fall off the face of the earth when Kerr was not coaching? No, they kept chugging along. In football, the coach matters way more than any other sport. In sports like Baseball, Basketball, and track the coach means way less. Especially the higher you go

its pro ball, basketball no less... Basketball is by far the least needed help coaching at the highest level, lol mark jackson was bad enough though to get fired from GS to have kerr replace him and be in the Finals every year with Jackson calling the games.. There can basically only be really bad pro coaches

You know you could have Usain Bolt on your Track & Field team and still not win the national championship. That is why it is a "team". It takes much more than 1 athlete to win a national championship in Track & Field.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Interesting stat from last night's women's T&F meet: Oregon (the eventual winner by 1.8 points) got ALL of their points in track, scoring none in field. Meanwhile UGa (second place) got all of their points in field, none in track.

Last edited:

And I don't know how I could care any less about the NBA...:confused:
I'm happy for the Gators that go there for the paycheck, but other than than, I don't G-a-S about the NBA, one way or the other... I haven't watched a single game all season,,, and I don't intend to.
===========

Mike Holloway and the Gator Men's T&F Team are B-2-B NC's. :cool:

QUOTES FROM THE COLLEGIATE 200M RECORD HOLDER Kyra Jefferson on breaking the Collegiate 200M record with a 22:02 time…

"It was very shocking. All season I've been a worry wart about not running 22-low so early, and just freaking myself out for no reason, basically. I should've just shut up and listened to Coach Holloway a long time ago when he told me to trust the process and when it's the right time I'd be ready."

"It's a really big deal. My whole career I've been half running the race and not going to my full potential. Before the race, Coach Holloway just told me I need to go out there, have heart, dig, and give him everything I got. That's just what I did in order to win.

So it seems to me that the new 200M Colligate Record holder Kyra Jefferson, believes that who your coach is,,, makes a difference... o_O
============

HEARING OUT (COACH) HOLLOWAY
Head coach Mike Holloway on Kyra Jefferson breaking the collegiate record… "Kyra Jefferson, she's been through a lot of ups and downs, injuries. We finally got it right. I talked with her right before the race and said, 'I just want you to trust me, trust yourself and, most importantly, trust your God-given ability. You can run with anybody. You just have to believe that.' When she came off that turn, I was like, 'Wow, this is going to be fun.' I was so excited about her winning, a minute later I went, 'Woah, what was her time? Oh my God, that's the collegiate record.' Phenomenal run by Kyra, and just a product of a lot of hard work and dedication by her and a lot of people around her."

For the rest of the story and all of the Men's and Women's events, go here:
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...ks-collegiate-record-gators-finish-fifth.aspx

For the T&F Gator Culture that's been developed by Coach Holloway at UF: It's the family-based, team-first culture Holloway and his staff underscore as the lifeblood of the program.
https://spark.adobe.com/page/rPZJShSn8gxmX/

And oh btw, Mike coaches both the Men's and the Women's Gator teams.

And I don't know how I could care any less about the NBA...:confused:
I'm happy for the Gators that go there for the paycheck, but other than than, I don't G-a-S about the NBA, one way or the other... I haven't watched a single game all season,,, and I don't intend to.
===========

Mike Holloway and the Gator Men's T&F Team are B-2-B NC's. :cool:

QUOTES FROM THE COLLEGIATE 200M RECORD HOLDER Kyra Jefferson on breaking the Collegiate 200M record with a 22:02 time…

"It was very shocking. All season I've been a worry wart about not running 22-low so early, and just freaking myself out for no reason, basically. I should've just shut up and listened to Coach Holloway a long time ago when he told me to trust the process and when it's the right time I'd be ready."

"It's a really big deal. My whole career I've been half running the race and not going to my full potential. Before the race, Coach Holloway just told me I need to go out there, have heart, dig, and give him everything I got. That's just what I did in order to win.

So it seems to me that the new 200M Colligate Record holder Kyra Jefferson, believes that who your coach is,,, makes a difference... o_O
============

HEARING OUT (COACH) HOLLOWAY
Head coach Mike Holloway on Kyra Jefferson breaking the collegiate record… "Kyra Jefferson, she's been through a lot of ups and downs, injuries. We finally got it right. I talked with her right before the race and said, 'I just want you to trust me, trust yourself and, most importantly, trust your God-given ability. You can run with anybody. You just have to believe that.' When she came off that turn, I was like, 'Wow, this is going to be fun.' I was so excited about her winning, a minute later I went, 'Woah, what was her time? Oh my God, that's the collegiate record.' Phenomenal run by Kyra, and just a product of a lot of hard work and dedication by her and a lot of people around her."

For the rest of the story and all of the Men's and Women's events, go here:
http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...ks-collegiate-record-gators-finish-fifth.aspx

For the T&F Gator Culture that's been developed by Coach Holloway at UF: It's the family-based, team-first culture Holloway and his staff underscore as the lifeblood of the program.
https://spark.adobe.com/page/rPZJShSn8gxmX/

And oh btw, Mike coaches both the Men's and the Women's Gator teams.

None of what u posted made me think a track coach really mattered. The NBA is meh to me as well but my point was not to try and convince u to watch it. My point was that it doesnt matter who is coaching the warriors these past 3 seasons, they dominate. 100 pct if i was the coach if the warriors, they woukd still be in the nba finals. I played b ball in high school so i know about the game but im not an expert. My point is, in basketball, baseball, track etc, if u have the best players, the coach is almost urrelevant. He can make the team slightly better or worse but he cant have a great effect on the team.

Also, i dont think college baseball or track coaches make as much as football coaches do. Even most basketball coaches dont. Why? They dont matter as much to the overall success. Look at that idiot that coaches kentucky basketball. Terrible at the x's and o's of basketball, hes a sleeze ball but he wins. Why? He can recruit. In those 3 sports. Its more about recruiting than coaching whwre football it is about both

As I said long ago,,,, (so listen this time around), o_O I don't G-a-S about what your opinion on the importance of coaching is, my opinion remains at odds with yours, so just move along. :cool:

This is a thread about the Gators National B-2-B Champions and the best T&F coach in Gator history.

As I said long ago,,,, (so listen this time around), o_O I don't G-a-S about what your opinion on the importance of coaching is, my opinion remains at odds with yours, so just move along. :cool:

This is a thread about the Gators National B-2-B Champions and the best T&F coach in Gator history.

U 100 pct care which is why u responded. As long as you and i know the truth ;)

On a side note. He probably is a great coach. Congrats to him and Gator Nation on the b2b

Reactions: METSWIN
U 100 pct care which is why u responded. As long as you and i know the truth ;)

On a side note. He probably is a great coach. Congrats to him and Gator Nation on the b2b

IF you were a bit smarter, you might understand that there is a difference between caring what someone says/believes, and just b-och slappin' a twit.
A mistake that both you and the dunny-goater often make, among others.. :D

But hey, since coaching doesn't matter, then the T&F athletes must avoid reFSUcks like the plague....;)

IF you were a bit smarter, you might understand that there is a difference between caring what someone says/believes, and just b-och slappin' a twit.

But hey, since coaching doesn't matter, then the T&F athletes must avoid reFSUcks like the plague....;)

Never once have you "b-och" slapped anyone here.

Ever.

didn't we have a broad break an ncaa record yesterday? Im assuming insta already said something about it in this thread but that's too much to read above me...

Reactions: TennesseeGator

I think it matters for recruiting. I know u care. As long as we know the truth ;)

None of what u posted made me think a track coach really mattered. The NBA is meh to me as well but my point was not to try and convince u to watch it. My point was that it doesnt matter who is coaching the warriors these past 3 seasons, they dominate. 100 pct if i was the coach if the warriors, they woukd still be in the nba finals. I played b ball in high school so i know about the game but im not an expert. My point is, in basketball, baseball, track etc, if u have the best players, the coach is almost urrelevant. He can make the team slightly better or worse but he cant have a great effect on the team.

Also, i dont think college baseball or track coaches make as much as football coaches do. Even most basketball coaches dont. Why? They dont matter as much to the overall success. Look at that idiot that coaches kentucky basketball. Terrible at the x's and o's of basketball, hes a sleeze ball but he wins. Why? He can recruit. In those 3 sports. Its more about recruiting than coaching whwre football it is about both
Track doesnt generate nearly the revenue hence those coaches make less. Hurdles, jumps, throws along with sprints requires tremendous coaching

Never once have you "b-och" slapped anyone here.

Ever.

Yep, and you've never sniveled about nor stalked a single post of mine here either... :rolleyes: --- I can't decide if you're just a liar, or if you're actually as freakin' stupid as you sound... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT