ADVERTISEMENT

Today is the most important game of McElwain's Florida career

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Win like he should, and the program continues on a upward trajectory. Slight upward slope for many Gators fans.

Lose and I think it is the beginning of the end.

Reactions: mcanes
So....

Beating a team projected to finish last in the East at home, on senior day represents "upward trajectory"????

Wow, and people question our irrelevence.

This is just a must win, winning doesn't really do anything for the year team or staff positive but losing means everything on the other end.. it's basically like when UGA played Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl, you are fighting a retard in a lose lose situation... if you win you are supposed to and if you lose you are an embarrassment.. We have nothing to gain from this game unless UT loses again...

the worst part is the downside of losing and all the pressure is on us and none on them or Muschamp, the only times he's ever fared well and the opposite for us... the entire nation will be rooting for us like we did Muschamp wrong, which makes no sense... and especially in his first year this is the biggest year to set the tone on him and make it the usual beating coming their way and to keep them from having any shot in the east or helping them recruit...

I am at the point I don't care if Appleby gets killed next week at LSU just win this game somehow. I can't even fathom the thought of Muschamp grinning in the Swamp after the game if they beat us today.

I hope Muschamp doesn't get cute and go Jumbo package because I think it would work against us today with all of our issues and the injuries and the rest.

Win like he should, and the program continues on a upward trajectory. Slight upward slope for many Gators fans.

Lose and I think it is the beginning of the end.

You are probably right and I think if we beat them but the rest are losses that opening game against Michigan will be the big one. If we get pummeled there it will snowball and Mac will be fired at the end of 2017.

A loss is an obvious disaster. A win doesn't have much impact unless we look like we have our stuff together or if the freshman plays well.

It was a good win. Defense was great, particularly given the injuries. I thought it was maybe the best offensive performance of Mac's uf career, because it looked sustainable throughout. They hit some big plays but mostly they marched up and down the field.

It was a good win. Defense was great, particularly given the injuries. I thought it was maybe the best offensive performance of Mac's uf career, because it looked sustainable throughout. They hit some big plays but mostly they marched up and down the field.

He ditched his archaic offense and didn't take his foot off the gas. We used tempo until the final drive. Hopefully Mac sees that it was a difference because of that. Hopefully he saw the advantage of having a mobile QB. And last but not least, hopefully he grants LDR and Thompson their transfer papers

He ditched his archaic offense and didn't take his foot off the gas. We used tempo until the final drive. Hopefully Mac sees that it was a difference because of that. Hopefully he saw the advantage of having a mobile QB. And last but not least, hopefully he grants LDR and Thompson their transfer papers

Yeah good point on tempo. They were snapping the ball with 25-20 seconds left for good parts of the game. I forgot that that was something that we were supposed to do. Do we only use those big play boards to signal in the plays when our game plan is to run tempo? I noticed them today and realized I hadn't seen them in a while. I guess you wouldn't need them if you're huddling up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT