ADVERTISEMENT

The "Explain the Lemming Mentality to Danny" Thread

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
I am trying to make it through all these posts since the Arkansas game.

Here's what I've observed:

1. Without alcohol, numbers isn't coping well with football.

2. Michi is coming into everything like gang busters to spew the long awaited high he's needed to diss another "Sabanite" so he can continue his much needed warm fuzzies. And the long time anti-Foley rhetoric.

3. The negativism is...sigh...not unexpected nor unwarranted, but it's like the board has been mixing Jack and blow and now in a weird, angry flux between vitriole and deep depression (the serotonin levels are fukked apparently).

The only thing I can think of is that, even dating back to 2009, we are all becoming horribly on edge with poor performance. And it's understandable.

Less than 2 years in, and even mich earlier than that, there's been a rumbling about Mac. Obviously it has grown to absurd proportions.

Now, I say that because the sober posts made my many here haveore im common with my drunken and emotional ramblings.

Example: the program is dead.

Do the people that say that really think that or is it the result of nearly a decade of ever increasing frustration? I'll even go so far as to say that the election fatigue plays a part in this.

It appears to me that there are numerous underlying issues that has caused, what I consider, an over the top reaction.

Now, before I get accused as an "apologist," I will say that I am frustrated with the QB situation, especially since the last 7 years have been extraordinarily bad, even embarrassing, and disheartening. That's under three coaches.

What I do recall is the preseason. Many labeled the Arkansas game as a game we would lose. I believe we all were, myself included, cautiously optimistic about LDR, but also logically aware of his limitations.

Now though, it's as if these are new revelations.

And as I close this out, yes, I understand the coaching staff frustrations (specifically Nuss) as well as the recruiting stand point.

I apologize for the insta-esque long post, but I truly am interested as to why this board has become a bunch over-reactive lemmings recently.

Carry on. I'm going to grab another draft and a fireball.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Facts:

Florida football is irrelevent nationally.

Mac has overseen the worst recruiting since pre-SOS

We lack any form of excitement around the program, much the cause for the recruiting woes

The gap in the talent leaving this year and what will replace it is being overlooked

Our holes on OL depth have not improved and now we have some on the DL, namely DT

It appears next years roster still may not contain the solution at QB

Much like Ga So was for Chump, if we lose Saturday Mac is done. He well may be around into next October, but he becomes a lame duck as of Sunday if we lose this week

It is going to take a high energy, exciting and innovative coach to fix this, we do not have that right now

Nuss was never good.

It's not time to crack open each other's skulls and feast on the goo inside.

HOWEVER, this ship is headed in the wrong direction.

Reactions: sadgator
People are just tired of this nonsense, man. Figure it out. Other than the ole miss game, where we got on a roll behind a player Mac subsequently ran off, and a pretty lucky comeback vs UT, we haven't beaten anyone. And when we have played good teams, we have not been competitive. And our recruiting has been average. Just not a lot to get excited about.

Reactions: sadgator
I think the Arky game was a turning point for a lot of people who were willing to cut a first year coach some slack for losing to 'Bama, FSU and Harbaugh, even if we were embarrassing offensively against all of them. But you feel like a team on the rise should go in there and win that Arkansas game. Instead it was another boat race.

The recruiting is why a lot of people are turning this soon on Mac. It is not good enough to be a top SEC team and our record would be barely getting us into a bowl game if we were in the SEC West instead.

I think the Arky game was a turning point for a lot of people who were willing to cut a first year coach some slack for losing to 'Bama, FSU and Harbaugh, even if we were embarrassing offensively against all of them. But you feel like a team on the rise should go in there and win that Arkansas game. Instead it was another boat race.
The fact that we lost to Arkansas is not the issue. The fact that our offense has failed to show up in every big game played under this regime is.

I am trying to make it through all these posts since the Arkansas game.

Here's what I've observed:

1. Without alcohol, numbers isn't coping well with football.

2. Michi is coming into everything like gang busters to spew the long awaited high he's needed to diss another "Sabanite" so he can continue his much needed warm fuzzies. And the long time anti-Foley rhetoric.

3. The negativism is...sigh...not unexpected nor unwarranted, but it's like the board has been mixing Jack and blow and now in a weird, angry flux between vitriole and deep depression (the serotonin levels are fukked apparently).

The only thing I can think of is that, even dating back to 2009, we are all becoming horribly on edge with poor performance. And it's understandable.

Less than 2 years in, and even mich earlier than that, there's been a rumbling about Mac. Obviously it has grown to absurd proportions.

Now, I say that because the sober posts made my many here haveore im common with my drunken and emotional ramblings.

Example: the program is dead.

Do the people that say that really think that or is it the result of nearly a decade of ever increasing frustration? I'll even go so far as to say that the election fatigue plays a part in this.

It appears to me that there are numerous underlying issues that has caused, what I consider, an over the top reaction.

Now, before I get accused as an "apologist," I will say that I am frustrated with the QB situation, especially since the last 7 years have been extraordinarily bad, even embarrassing, and disheartening. That's under three coaches.

What I do recall is the preseason. Many labeled the Arkansas game as a game we would lose. I believe we all were, myself included, cautiously optimistic about LDR, but also logically aware of his limitations.

Now though, it's as if these are new revelations.

And as I close this out, yes, I understand the coaching staff frustrations (specifically Nuss) as well as the recruiting stand point.

I apologize for the insta-esque long post, but I truly am interested as to why this board has become a bunch over-reactive lemmings recently.

Carry on. I'm going to grab another draft and a fireball.
If we beat SCjr and FSU then I will give Mac a chance but we won't do both IMO. I'm going to say we don't have the right guy...Fireball is always a good choice...we'll depends if your wife is with you...mine...better then I"m out of town.

Also I remember most people believing Arky was a win because they were replacing so much.

Reading through everyone's responses it really seems to be a lack of excitement that is the issue, and of course the lack of elite recruiting that is leading to.

Meh.

Sports board, sports team is bad, people are upset. It's the logical way of things. If the team was good, there would be less 'lemming' mentality. Then throw in that we're working on year #8 with the same issue and there you have it. It's not just that we're bad, it's also that its so painfully boring to watch. It really is torture.

And then when you have the folks who tell you to ignore your lying eyes through it all it makes it that much worse which is probably why people are frustrated. It's like how many times can you keep being told things are 'turning around' while you watch junk week after week?

And I don't mind losses necessarily, I'd be 'fine' with a few more this year as long as we're building towards something. It's bad when we're losing and we seem stuck though, where is the hope? That and we keep getting ran out the building by ranked teams. The last 4 games we've played against ranked teams we've lost by an average of 21 points...we aren't even competitive.

More concerning though is that the side of the ball we hired our guy to fix continues to get worse. Last year everyone blamed Treon even though we still had ugly offensive games under Grier AND if you look at season averages for our opponents, we underperformed against almost all of them when Grier was starting. In two year's we've literally had two good offensive games...Ole Miss and UK this year. And when you consider things like Ole Miss having a 104th ranked passing defense or how bad UK is on defense this year it becomes less impressive. We've had 3 different QB's, all types of different starting lineups and nothing changes. Even when we play bad opponents like Umass and North Texas its a struggle. Hard to stay excited when you have to watch that weekend after weekend.

The east is as bad as I've ever seen since we split the divisions, and it seems that we have developed right along with them...

The biggest thing you want to have as a fan is hope, especially under a new staff. With hope it takes the edge of and you can dream of better days.

With Zook he always had dumb in-game coaching decisions, mismanaged the clock, and lost to bad teams from time to time but you always had hope because he recruited lights out and hired a good staff. You could always convince yourself that once his recruits grew up we might be pretty damn good and believe it.

With Muschamp his unit (defense) was elite and he recruited lights out on defense and good on offense (though we lacked depth and didn't always fill needs). So you could always reason that if he ever found a good OC we'd take off. There was some hope even if it got smaller and smaller as time went on.

Now with Mac, his unit (the offense) is probably gonna finish worse than 100 again, recruiting is average at best, and staff hires are meh. You can't put hope in "wait until next year" because we still don't know if he's competent on his side of the ball (even though I think that's mostly a Nuss problem and not him) and we don't have stud recruits coming in that you can point to and say "he'll help get it turned around." The hope is dwindling. Which is why we need a change at QB, you need something to sell right now and that can't happen using two journeymen. Give us something to look forward to.

This team and staff is gonna force numbers into his drinking ways once again, soon.. Very soon, like by half of this weekends game around 1:30 in the afternoon...

It's not that we lost, it's how we lost. We were so flat on offense, it was painful.

I'm then thinking to myself - 'well, how in the hell do we get recruiting going on the offensive side of the ball if we look like this?!? How many current recruits are like, 'yeah, I'm rethinking this coaching staff?'

The worry is, for me, all momentum is lost because of a poor performing offense and we fall into the recruiting abyss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT