ADVERTISEMENT

New Story The Day After: Pitch Forks & Witch Hunts + Q & A

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Going to live in this thread for today to keep things in one place.....

The Day After: Pitch Forks & Witch Hunts

I want to talk about something today; this is not a shot at any other company that covers Florida athletics for a living.

Let's clear the air. The recent report about a team meeting (newly scheduled) for today is not accurate. I understand the current climate of uncertainty, but I'm here to provide you with the most reliable information, which is simply incorrect.

When the wheels are in motion, they only pick up speed. You are what your record says you are; in this case, the record says you are an overall 12-16 team. Your record says you are 3-12 in your last 15 games. Think about that for a moment. Again, this is not rocket science to figure out what comes next. The last tidbit I want to leave you with is that Billy Napier has had more home losses in two and a half years (6) than Spurrier or Meyer (5 each) in their careers.

As far as the decision-making process is concerned or, more importantly, the decision-makers - yes, clearly, yes, of course, they are talking just like the rest of the world. All anyone can do right now is jump on board for the rest of the ride, and we will see where and when it stops, but this ride is over. I am only giving you my opinion on the severity of the situation, and my take only reflects what I believe. When a search is underway publicly, or maybe not even until it is over, but when the time is right, and I am allowed to discuss, I will tell you how many there are and who they are - only the select few making the hire. There are two people that will be responsible for making this decision and I all I can tell you is one of them is on our site and you are very familiar with who he is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.