ADVERTISEMENT

That actually looked like real gator football this weekend...

One more tune up before Knoxville. O-line did a fantastic job. Definitely want to see more of that going forward.

Reactions: sadgator
KY has a terrible defense but it was nice to see. A little disappointed the RBs only averaged 5 yards a carry against that weak front 7.

Agreed. Nice to see us be dominant against someone we should be dominant against. And it was nice to see our offense match the playmaking of our defense for once. Still have some concerns but I can think about those another day.

After watching all the teams in the East, it is yours for the taking.

The only two games are UT and UG and both of them have major holes.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Big step today. I'll wait for consistency before I'm both feet in. I'll say though, I've sure drank some booze in celebration today. Go Gators.

Same here. Nice to see the offensive explosion but the passing game just looked too easy and I was disappointed the RBs didn't do better against that weak defensive front of Kentucky.

The East is definitely a 3 way battle between UF, GA and TN.

Great game. But in the great tradition of "No one suffers success quite like Gator fans," here are a few things I would where I would like to see some improvement.

1. Callaway letting the ball bounce on a punt return. This year and last year we seem to lose an average of 10 yards every time he lets that happen. Run up and fair catch the damn ball Callaway!

2. Get Pineiro lots of snaps kicking from the left hash mark.

3. Move Johnson inside and Let Taylor be the RT. It is clear that Johnson is still a bit lost out there with speed rushers at RT, but he does all right pass blocking.

4. Give Perine some carries earlier in the game. We need to see him against a fresh defense.

Great game. But in the great tradition of "No one suffers success quite like Gator fans," here are a few things I would where I would like to see some improvement.

1. Callaway letting the ball bounce on a punt return. This year and last year we seem to lose an average of 10 yards every time he lets that happen. Run up and fair catch the damn ball Callaway!

3. Move Johnson inside and Let Taylor be the RT. It is clear that Johnson is still a bit lost out there with speed rushers at RT, but he does all right pass blocking.

4. Give Perine some carries earlier in the game. We need to see him against a fresh defense.
Good list MJ

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I would add that we still need to improve running between the tackles. That's gonna be a must against the better defenses.

Reactions: 46885

after watching our teams over the years muffing or messing up more punts than all teams in the NCAA combined, im fine with no one ever catching one unless he has ten yards of space.

Club-footed LDR (per nailed-head): Against UK LDR went 19 of 32, 59.4% for 320 yds, 4 TD's to 1 Int.
While in his 1st 2 games as a college starter, he has passed for 576 yards and 6 TD's. He's completed 63.2 % of his passes and thrown only 1 interception while going 2-0 to start the season. I don't mind a 'game manager' as long are it results in a win, so we'll see.

The Gator starters beat Kentucky 45-0, before the 2-3 stringers gave up a 4th quarter mildcat TD.

UF 45 - 7 UK - on a dry night in the SWAMP, for their 30th consecutive win over UK.

Florida's defense already had 4 sacks and 3 interceptions with 10 minutes left in the third quarter. While the Gator D is currently sitting at (7 pts/gm) #6 in the Nation in Scoring Defense.

2nd week Interceptions: #1 - CB Quincy Wilson -- #2 CB Jalen Tabor -- #3 FS Marcus Maye. DB-U is looo-king gud!

~ DB-U / Florida had 3 interceptions and held Kentucky to less than 60 passing yards (55), marking just the 17th time since 1996 that’s been done by any FBS team. UK's Drew Barker was 2 of 10 for 10 yards before finally being benched. Last week for comparison, that same Drew threw for 323 yards and 4 TD's.

DT/DE Jachai Polite Fr 6-2 271 had his first forced fumble,,,,
which DT Taven 'Wyo-Wildman' Bryan rsSo 6-5 293 recovered.

UF vs U-Mass = 5 Sacks --- UF vs UK = 5 sacks --- Total for 2 games, 10 Sacks! I believe that UF led the SEC last year with 40 sacks.

============

The Gator's running game by committee netted 244 rushing yards, proving once again that RB's don't need to have a whole bunch of individual carries to be effective at running the ball.

Committee Rushing - 50 for 244 yds, 4.9 ypc, 2 TD's.

Lamical Perine Fr - 17 for 105 yds, 6.2 ypc, 1 rec TD on a 28 yd screen pass.
Mark Thompson Jr - 15 for 59 yds, 3.9 ypc, 1 TD.
Jordan Scarlett So - 9 for 43 yds, 4.8 ypc, 1 TD.
Jordan Cronkrite So - 5 for 29 yds, 5.8 ypc, plus a 10 yd rec.

The Gator offense also converted 14 of 20 3rd down opportunities vs UK.
Now being 2-0 (combined scores UF 69 - 14 Opp's), the media-moron pollsters should probably follow their trend and drop UF completely out of the Top 50 in their rankings this week.... :rolleyes:

PS
The #5 Gator soccer team opened their SEC schedule with a 2-1 win over UK.
While the #8 Gators volleyball team racked up their 4th straight 3-0 sweep this season against the Denver Pioneers.

Big step today. I'll wait for consistency before I'm both feet in. I'll say though, I've sure drank some booze in celebration today. Go Gators.
Very encouraging for sure...nice to see the ball going up the field...play call was great and the players took a big step forward on offense, executing plays...agreed...looking for some consistency and tightening up a few things...but overall this is exactly what I hoped to see yesterday on defense and offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT