ADVERTISEMENT

Tebow had his tryout at exactly the wrong time of the year

-MDVOL

Bull Gator
Nov 1, 2013
Tomorrow the Minor League Season ends and MLB Roster gets to expand on Wed. He'll be 30 by the end of next season.

Hit the ball well from Little League distance and off Minor League pitchers throwing nothing but fastballs.

Whiffed off an ex MLB pitcher throwing breaking balls.

Ran pretty well for an NFL DE or TE

Some Venezuelan team offered him a winter ball contract

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/video-tim-tebow-drops-bombs-mlb-tryout/

Tomorrow the Minor League Season ends and MLB Roster gets to expand on Wed. He'll be 30 by the end of next season.

Hit the ball well from Little League distance and off Minor League pitchers throwing nothing but fastballs.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/video-tim-tebow-drops-bombs-mlb-tryout/

At least he doesn't make his living bilking retirement homes out of their construction budgets.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
At least he doesn't make his living bilking retirement homes out of their construction budgets.

OK. Who does?

Tebow should have tried out in Feb.or Early March.That's when he would have stood the best chance.

Last edited:
This is the damage that Tebow has done to human beings, all by playing a sport.

You sound like a weak child in this thread

This is the damage that Tebow has done to human beings, all by playing a sport.

You sound like a weak child in this thread

And you sound like a simpleton.

I stated fact about when one should try out for MLB Baseball. There will be 6 1/2 more months for every single scout there to forget about Tebow's tryout.

As for NFL, I was hoping he would accept the fact that he was not an Every Down NFL Q/B and play TE. He would have had a great career and could have offered his throwing ability as back-up Q/B in an emergency as well as being able to catch the ball behind the LOS and throw to W/Rs when the C/B came up and safeties rolled his way. Would have made him a very dangerous weapon on offense.
I personally LIKE TEBOW and have stated that so quit thinking that you need to come running to protect him.

Ive never been the protect timmy guy, everyone around here knows that. Read what you posted on a Gator board again and imagine the perspective it gives off.. especially with the other posts recently from you. You are worse than the Noles lately with negative Gator everything posts

It is, in fact, a strange thing that Tebow wanted to play baseball more than switch NFL positions. He probably views switching to positions as a failure, which he doesn't want to accept, vs. just playing something new altogether. sadgator would love for him to find success in any sport or position at this stage.

There needs to be a winter league somewhere besides Venezuela for him to play until he can start Spring training and then single A ball somewhere. They would probably kidnap him in Venezuela for ransom.

Reactions: EvilWayz

After smashing 11 straight they had the intellect to realize he could hit.......

I love TE argument. Tebow can't catch.

And full back? Lol you mean a position many teams barely use, if they have them at all?

I love TE argument. Tebow can't catch.

And full back? Lol you mean a position many teams barely use, if they have them at all?

Where did I say F/B in the above post?

As for Tebow not being able to catch, when did that happen? He was a good all around athlete from what I saw. He has to be able to catch a baseball or he wouldn't be trying to make it in MLB and catching a football is a lot easier.

Best position for Tebow probably would have been linebacker.

He just signed an athletic endorsement deal. Baseball is probably just a means to keep him on ESPN. He'll knock around the minors for a couple years, fill stadiums and sell gear. Everybody makes out.

It's business, like billing an old folks home for faulty wiring.

Best position for Tebow probably would have been linebacker.

He just signed an athletic endorsement deal. Baseball is probably just a means to keep him on ESPN. He'll knock around the minors for a couple years, fill stadiums and sell gear. Everybody makes out.

It's business/QUOTE]

"like billing an old folks home for faulty wiring".
Ignorance precedes you.

#1 No electrician installs "Faulty wiring". EVERY Wiring job is inspected by the City or county Electrical Inspector at least TWICE to insure safety. It's required. That's why NO Mexicans on any construction job are electricians. Takes 10 years just to be eligible to take the Master Electrician's License test.

2 years Tech School
4 years apprentice
4 years as a Licensed Journeyman

That you can believe that lying POS stalking me shows just how little you know about the electrical trade.

I have wired homes, business and Government buildings from the ground up,to additions, repairs in Condos,Townhouses, multi-million dollar mansions, to installing of new electrical services and electrical equipment in the IRS Building, The Treasury Department building , The Carnegie Institute, many foreign Embassies, all in Washington DC. The Census Department in Suitland Md.and even NASA Goddard Flight Center in Greenbelt Md. PEPCO's( the Power Utility here) DC Power storage facility in Morgantown Md. various Restaurants and Bars. But never any retirement home.

The states I have done electrical work in and am licensed to do so are Maryland, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the territory of Washington DC..

Because of kidney disease that has required numerous surgeries, I am mostly retired now doing only service work. My health won't allow me to do the kind of work I did working in DC and Baltimore all during the Crack Wars of 1985-1995.

I listed who and what Fraudo is my response to Tennesseegator in that thread Fraudo started whining about why haven't I been banned. I have proof of what a liar and fraud he is. And it comes from the Tampa Bay Times

Demand he offer any proof regarding his slander of me. See what you get.

Last edited:
Ive never been the protect timmy guy, everyone around here knows that. Read what you posted on a Gator board again and imagine the perspective it gives off.. especially with the other posts recently from you. You are worse than the Noles lately with negative Gator everything posts

I like Tebow as a person.

That I despise the Swamp Donkeys, Michigan and the Crimeson Stain does not change that.

Plus, I enjoy ribbing Instantgater over his 12 planets, Black Holes, Alien abduction and 27 pages of useless stats shtick

As for Tebow not being able to catch, when did that happen? He was a good all around athlete from what I saw. He has to be able to catch a baseball or he wouldn't be trying to make it in MLB and catching a football is a lot easier.

not for a lot of guys it's not.. especially in pads

catching a baseball is very easy unless you are in the outfield and have to judge it off the bat like a champ.

That is a joke, right?

Catching a football is the same as catching a baseball with a big glove on?

And it did happen with jets, I believe. It bounced off his hands like he was an offensive lineman.

He doesn't have pass catching ability for the NFL.

That is a joke, right?

Catching a football is the same as catching a baseball with a big glove on?

And it did happen with jets, I believe. It bounced off his hands like he was an offensive lineman.

He doesn't have pass catching ability for the NFL.

Not saying he could catch passes in the NFL but theJets threw him exactly one ball in the regular offense, a flat route that Sanchez, who sucks at qb worse than Tebow but is still in the league, winged off his helmet about .01 seconds after he turned around. Not sure you can conclude too much from Tebow's time with the Jets. By the time he was there, they were an absolute joke offensively.

they were a joke on offense even the two years they went to the AFC Championship..

Feel bad for Tebow. All that athletic talent and no real outlet. He's pretty good on TV he should continue that route.

Not saying he could catch passes in the NFL but the Jets threw him exactly one ball in the regular offense, a flat route that Sanchez, who sucks at qb worse than Tebow but is still in the league, winged off his helmet about .01 seconds after he turned around. Not sure you can conclude too much from Tebow's time with the Jets. By the time he was there, they were an absolute joke offensively.

Stupidimus Rex got fired for his gross stupidity as a coach for the Jets.
He hated Tebow long before the Jets hired him, and he made sure that he didn't get a chance there. :mad:

Tebow threw for 75% with the Jets, in the little bit of playing time that they gave him. (a cold off the bench pass in a few of the games)
He was still 6 of 8, with 1 incomplete on a deep post that hit the receiver in both hands, and a roll out throw-away when nobody came open for him to throw to. Zero Ints, as usual. To me that's throwing for 100%. o_O

On the 2 times that they used him for the fake punt, he made 1st downs both times, one on a pass over the middle to the TE, and one that he kept and ran up the gut for the 1st down.

When 'The Sanchize' went down, Stupidimus Rex didn't play Tebow. Instead he started 3rd string McSackroy, who got sacked 9 times in that one game. :eek:

Tebow had 16 NFL starts.
He went 9-7 in those games, for a team that was 4-14 with 7-8 year veteran Orton, including an NFL passing record setting Playoff win over the Steelers #1 rated defense.

He threw twice as many TD's as Ints. He also rushed for 1,000 plus yards with 13 TD's. He got screwed by the No Fun League and he rightly (imo) refused to allow them to make a further mockery of him by changing positions to either RB-FB-TE, which he has never played in his entire career. o_O

I don't care about or watch MLB, but I still wish Tim well in his attempt. :cool:

Last edited:
A physical specimen, no doubt. I can't see him getting beyond A or AA minor league ball. He would have made a heckuva TE. For some reason NFL GMs didn't buy in to the QB role. I always thought he was a capable backup though. And he had moments, but apparently not enough of them.

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT