ADVERTISEMENT

Switch Georgia game, play LSU 10-29

kb851

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 2, 2004
Florida and Georgia both off 10-22.
LSU off 10-29. LSU 10-29 opponent is not off 10-22.

Move the Cocktail party up a week, play LSU 10-29. Seems simple. Would the decision rest with Georgia? Tough to see a real reason for them to object.

Would be some issues with Jacksonvile hotels etc...but beyond that this seems like the easiest solution. Surely the SEC office has considered this right?

Move the Cocktail party up a week, play LSU 10-29. Seems simple. Would the decision rest with Georgia? Tough to see a real reason for them to object.

Would be some issues with Jacksonvile hotels etc...but beyond that this seems like the easiest solution. Surely the SEC office has considered this right?
This will all be figured out. It's just noway they say "no game"

Well, the Jags have a home game that weekend, I am sure they and the NFL would object to a college game the day before jacking up the field.

TWLOCP also has several thousands seats added to the stadium (which makes the "bud Zone" and swimming pools unusable, to which the Jags would object. No way for those seats to be removed in 48 hours before the Jags Monday night game.

Jacksonville businesses would raise hell on all the lost income from moving the game.

Lots of UGA/UF fans come early Wednesday or Thursday for the game they would object to losing the TWLOCP long weekend.

UGA went out of their way to make sure game against USC went forward, doubt they would agree to fix a problem that they didn't create.

Also the TWLOCP has tons of events on Wednesday through Saturday that can't be move as well, "charity golf event, hall of fame dinner, tons of events at the landing, etc...."

Reactions: Tursiops
This will all be figured out. It's just noway they say "no game"
Disagree completely. sadgator can hardly even envision a scenario where this game is rescheduled. SEC is going to wait a couple weeks, hope we both lose a game or two and then scrap the entire thing as irrelevant...just watch. By that time, the noise will die down and nobody on the planet will give a rat's ass.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Disagree completely. sadgator can hardly even envision a scenario where this game is rescheduled. SEC is going to wait a couple weeks, hope we both lose a game or two and then scrap the entire thing as irrelevant...just watch. By that time, the noise will die down and nobody on the planet will give a rat's ass.

Sorry, disagree. Fair or not the media has run with this and we look like chicken shits right now. I think we are better off playing and losing at this point than not playing.

I think the biggest hurdle is LSU also does not want to give up its open date unless Bama does the same. That game is far bigger to them than LSU/UF.

I think the biggest hurdle is LSU also does not want to give up its open date unless Bama does the same. That game is far bigger to them than LSU/UF.
Yet they were perfectly will to ask, nay to INSIST that Florida play 3 road SEC games in a row.

Yet they were perfectly will to ask, nay to INSIST that Florida play 3 road SEC games in a row.

That certainly does suck, but the storm and decision to cancel was, obviously, due to Florida's concern and not to LSU's. The team that needs to cancel should be the team to do its best to rearrange its schedule to get the game made up. Canceling a game then asking the other team to rearrange their schedule a second time is, well, inconsiderate,,,

No. Stupid opinion. Poor reasoning.

How so? UF having to play 3 conference road games makes no difference to LSU. They do not care, should they? UF canceled the game. What's wrong with them being inconvenienced a little the second time around?

How so? UF having to play 3 conference road games makes no difference to LSU. They do not care, should they? UF canceled the game. What's wrong with them being inconvenienced a little the second time around?
Because the *only* valid reason they are using to not play it on Nov 19th is they do not wish to play 3 SEC road games.

It is not revenue, as they have insurance for this very thing. All SEC teams do.

Because the *only* valid reason they are using to not play it on Nov 19th is they do not wish to play 3 SEC road games.

It is not revenue, as they have insurance for this very thing. All SEC teams do.

So, take away one of their home games to accommodate UF's cancelation? Do what UCF and Tulane did and have a solid contingency plan if the game needs to be canceled OR wait until midday Friday before canceling. Cancel the game too early with no agreed plan and you end up with the bad image.

Cancel the game too early with no agreed plan and you end up with the bad image.

We were originally being criticized for waiting too long. It is not up to us to make LSU football lives any easier. They have an option. They chose to discard it.

And honestly? We do not really give a shit what you or any other rival thinks about our image.

I

We were originally being criticized for waiting too long. It is not up to us to make LSU football lives any easier. They have an option. They chose to discard it.

And honestly? We do not really give a shit what you or any other rival thinks about our image.

I

Why not address what I said about how UCF handled the situation with Tulane instead of taking your toys and going home?

Why not address what I said about how UCF handled the situation with Tulane instead of taking your toys and going home?
Why would I address that? Difference cities. Different conferences. Different teams. A DIFFERENT SITUATION.

There are no comparisons.

Run along now. You have worn out your welcome

I'm pretty sure UCF and Tulane have the same bye week. It made it pretty easy for them to reschedule.

Why doesn't an LSU/ UF game financially benefit the SEC?
Because whatever they do is going to result in shifting tv and game revenue. Does anybody really think that moving the SEC title game out a week has no negative financial consequences to it? It could be millions. And why not do that so that a meaningless game between UF and LSU can be played? C'mon man. People thinking the SEC is gonna absorb those type of losses need to stop being so egocentric. The reschedule ain't happin' folks, it just ain't.

Because whatever they do is going to result in shifting tv and game revenue. Does anybody really think that moving the SEC title game out a week has no negative financial consequences to it? It could be millions. And why not do that so that a meaningless game between UF and LSU can be played? C'mon man. People thinking the SEC is gonna absorb those type of losses need to stop being so egocentric. The reschedule ain't happin' folks, it just ain't.

I agree, moving the title game isn't happening. But paying the buyouts for the cupcakes we've got lined up on the common date should be a no-brainer. That's an extra tv game for CBS or ESPN. That should be worth something.

Also, it's not a meaningless game. As numbers pointed out, we are very likely to come out of this weekend as the first place team in the East. People are going to be screaming bloody murder.

I agree, moving the title game isn't happening. But paying the buyouts for the cupcakes we've got lined up on the common date should be a no-brainer. That's an extra tv game for CBS or ESPN. That should be worth something.

Also, it's not a meaningless game. As numbers pointed out, we are very likely to come out of this weekend as the first place team in the East. People are going to be screaming bloody murder.

Again, if we beat Mizzou and Bama wins, the game WILL go on the schedule aoon after. Can't wait and see if we get upset by the leg humpers. They ate not sending us to Atlanta without that game being played. And correct, they aren't moving the SECCG when the playoff committee chooses the next day

Arkansas is probably going to take care of this. On both the East and West sides of the equation.
Maybe.

If neither LSU or Florida is in the SECCG mix, the game could be and should be played in Gainesville on Dec 3rd, without moving the SECCG game.

If either team is in the SECCG mix, the game could be played on Dec 3rd, and move the SECCG a week later. That is what happened in 2001.

Or LSU could get over its qualms about playing on Nov 19th.

But in all cases, I think the game should be played

Last edited:
I think moving the title game is on the table. And should be on the table. It worked in 2001. Why not now?

Yes, I realize the playoff committee typically chooses the team the next day. But so what? That process has been in place what, two years? No reason those choices can't be a week later. After all, the BCS selection process had to wait a week in 2001

Reactions: TennesseeGator
On November 19 play a double header...LSU at Noon and Presbyterean at 8 PM.

We'll be able to beat 2 teams in one day and LSU won't be able to complain about only having 5 days rest.

"That certainly does suck, but the storm and decision to cancel was, obviously, due to Florida's concern and not to LSU's. The team that needs to cancel should be the team to do its best to rearrange its schedule to get the game made up. Canceling a game then asking the other team to rearrange their schedule a second time is, well, inconsiderate,,,"

You couldn't have possibly had a serious face when typing this right?!

I do not understand people who think college football is 22 guys and a football in a field. "Oh, look, a dog crapped here, let's move over to the next field." smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT