ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier occasionally roots for FSU

alaskanseminole

Bull Gator
Oct 20, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Now, that's my kinda journalism!

Steve Spurrier occasionally roots Florida State.

No, that wasn’t a typo and this isn’t some sort of parallel universe.

The former Florida coach, who is promoting a recently released memoir called ‘Head Ball Coach’, told GridironNow.com that “I like FSU, now.”

“FSU plays fair,” Spurrier said. “Jimbo Fisher and his guys, I have absolutely zero problem with them. I actually, maybe, pull for them occasionally.”

LINK: http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Spurrier-occasionally-roots-for-FSU-47083451

The former Florida coach, who is promoting a recently released memoir called ‘Head Ball Coach’, told GridironNow.com that “I like FSU, now.”

“FSU plays fair,” Spurrier said. “Jimbo Fisher and his guys, I have absolutely zero problem with them. I actually, maybe, pull for them occasionally.”

LINK: http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Spurrier-occasionally-roots-for-FSU-47083451

He said 'maybe'.

A close reading reveals that this is actually a roundabout dig at Bowden, so I'm ok with it.

Fisher and Spurrier have been chummy for a while now. They've always had good things to say about each other.

"I like FSU, now." "FSU plays fair"

yes, I caught it. (I guess he just can't let it go).

Regardless, I live in the now. Just wondering who SOS will be pulling for come Monday night? ;)

I think that I remember him saying something about an FSUcks vs the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I. "It's one of those games where it's a real shame that they can't both lose." -- (or something like that) :D

We have been trying to tell you goofballs for years that you aren't our #1 rival, but you refuse to listen. It's UGa, man. Keep trying to tell you. And before Auburn stopped being an every year deal, you were #3 at best.

We have been trying to tell you goofballs for years that you aren't our #1 rival, but you refuse to listen. It's UGa, man. Keep trying to tell you. And before Auburn stopped being an every year deal, you were #3 at best.
Who's not listening? UF Rivals, IMO:

Older Fans
#1 - UGA
#2 - UT
#3 - FSU

Younger Fans
#1 - FSU
#2 - UGA
#3 - "Why do have a rivalry with UT? They suck"

FSU Rivalries
#1 - UF
#2 - scUM
#3 - Clemson

Who's not listening? UF Rivals, IMO:

Older Fans
#1 - UGA
#2 - UT
#3 - FSU

Younger Fans
#1 - FSU
#2 - UGA
#3 - "Why do have a rivalry with UT? They suck"

FSU Rivalries
#1 - UF
#2 - scUM
#3 - Clemson

No, UT has never been ahead of FSU. We didn't start playing them annually until we split into divisions, and that was the 90's.

Also, there may have been a period of time where younger fans thought FSU was ahead of UGa, but that was before they all ran out as a team and danced in the endzone after a score a few years ago. That restored perspective. Unless by younger, you mean teenagers, and they don't count (unless they are recruits).

No, UT has never been ahead of FSU. We didn't start playing them annually until we split into divisions, and that was the 90's.

Also, there may have been a period of time where younger fans thought FSU was ahead of UGa, but that was before they all ran out as a team and danced in the endzone after a score a few years ago. That restored perspective. Unless by younger, you mean teenagers, and they don't count (unless they are recruits).
Fair enough...just throwing out an opinion.

As for UT, it was always "explained" to me that UT and UGA mattered more because SEC championships were better than National Championships and FSU had no bearing on winning one; whereas the UF game was often FSU's entire season and beating them defined their (our) very existence.

As for UT, it was always "explained" to me that UT and UGA mattered more because SEC championships were better than National Championships and FSU had no bearing on winning one; whereas the UF game was often FSU's entire season and beating them defined their (our) very existence.

This is all correct

Now that's some funny stuff....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT