ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Billy is Out

Am I still an idiot if I mention Lane?
If Lane is hired I will burn all my gator attire I have. He is worse than Napier. Second if they don't fire the AD I will also burn my gator attire I have, video doing it and walk away from college football for good.

I guess this what happens when u start paying college players, they have nothing to really play for.

I stole this from another board. This makes sense to me.

What is circling this morning:

The $26m is not only raised, it was raised some time ago.

The UF Board of Trustees has called for an unscheduled meeting this morning to discuss the football program.

Stricklin is not calling the shots. Neither is Fuchs.

Speculation is that Foley and Spurrier could be tasked with overseeing a transition that could include the ouster of Stricklin.

Well he sure as hell ain't getting another job at a P4 program.

Sounds like the end may be very near for Billy Napier. Nice guy ( Gonna be a rich guy with his 26.7 Million Dollar buyout ) but, he can’t coach worth a lick at this level. But, Mike Norvell shows you that you can be a Hero one day and a Goat the next.

It appears Billy Napier’s time as the head coach of the Florida Gators is coming to an end.

After Florida’s embarrassing 33-20 defeat to Texas A&M on Saturday — a game in which loud audible “fire Billy” chants could be heard in the second quarter — it seems fans are going to get their wish.

On3 reported that the University of Florida Board of Trustees has called a meeting for Sunday morning, and that coupled with the fact that Florida boosters have come up with the money to pay Napier’s buyout according to Matt Hayes of USA Today, could mean the 45-year-old coach might be looking for a new job as early as Sunday afternoon.

I stole this from another board. This makes sense to me.

What is circling this morning:

The $26m is not only raised, it was raised some time ago.

The UF Board of Trustees has called for an unscheduled meeting this morning to discuss the football program.

Stricklin is not calling the shots. Neither is Fuchs.

Speculation is that Foley and Spurrier could be tasked with overseeing a transition that could include the ouster of Stricklin.

Foley? That clown should be ran out of the building.

• Wow
Reactions: ocalaman
I thought this was interesting, especially the last point about the spread.

I never looked at it but I remember some people here saying App State was the only team in that conference that compared with them on talent in those years.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
sadgator is so sick of speculation about what the “big boosters” of Florida are going to purportedly do.

These are apparently the same “big boosters” who haven’t successfully influenced a competent firing or hiring in the last 15 years, and are also the same knuckle heads who are so incompetent and disorganized themselves that they can’t even put together a high profile NIL deal without getting everybody sued.

Call sadgator skeptical about their ability to influence anything regarding the Napier tenure.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Foley? That clown should be ran out of the building.
You know, if Foley had the sole focus of saving football as much he was on making sure we had the best women’s badminton team or freshman water polo team, I think he’d be pretty incredible since we dominated women’s badminton and freshman water polo when he was here. Seriously, though, he didn’t seem to have the proper understanding of the value of the football team to the athletic department and the university, and I think his attempt to find a “budget” solution in mcelwain was the worst decision he made (he didn’t hire zook, right?) Bit if his only focus was football, maybe he’d be as effective as he was with women’s badminton? Who knows.

Spurrier could be interesting. I’d trust him to be able to spot the diamond in the rough with prodigious talent, but I’m not sure how much of a feel for NIl, portal, etc he would have since he never had to deal with that. It would be nice having him in charge, though, since he would definitely understand the value of the football program.

Reactions: seffnergator
sadgator is so sick of speculation about what the “big boosters” of Florida are going to purportedly do.

These are apparently the same “big boosters” who haven’t successfully influenced a competent firing or hiring in the last 15 years, and are also the same knuckle heads who are so incompetent and disorganized themselves that they can’t even put together a high profile NIL deal without getting everybody sued.

Call sadgator skeptical about their ability to influence anything regarding the Napier tenure.
I have to disagree a little with part of this. Is the claim that we haven’t had a competent hiring or firing in the last 15 years? Or is it because they weren’t involved? I wouldnt know about the latter, but I’d actually say we’ve made some fairly logical and reasonable hires, and I’ve actually been surprised how quickly we moved on from a coach who wasn’t going to work out. I at least expected mcelwain and Mullen would be given a few more games, but I was kind of impressed that we were willing to pull the plug. The only real hire I quibble with on the last 15 years is mcelawin. I think everyone else was a pretty solid choice at the time. I wasn’t initially excited about Mullen, but after seeing Tennessee botch that hire, I was glad to have him. That should also be a lesson. Tennessee messed up their hires much worse than we did, and they were able to bounce right back with the right guy. Were that kind of program. Plug in the right guy and we immediately become a threat again. Those guys aren’t easy to find, but they’re worth the search. Let’s hope this next one is that guy, whoever it is.

This is what @PacoGator19 mentioned numerous times for the past year or two.

Napier has left a joke situation here though unlike Zook. Except for maybe Lagway if he stays we don't have hardly any good SEC talent on this roster. Most of his blue chippers have been busts mostly. His talent selection ability is straight crap it appears. It seems they are as bad as what Mullen did his last years here just taking the kids with issues the top teams avoided.

I have to disagree a little with part of this. Is the claim that we haven’t had a competent hiring or firing in the last 15 years? Or is it because they weren’t involved? I wouldnt know about the latter, but I’d actually say we’ve made some fairly logical and reasonable hires, and I’ve actually been surprised how quickly we moved on from a coach who wasn’t going to work out. I at least expected mcelwain and Mullen would be given a few more games, but I was kind of impressed that we were willing to pull the plug. The only real hire I quibble with on the last 15 years is mcelawin. I think everyone else was a pretty solid choice at the time. I wasn’t initially excited about Mullen, but after seeing Tennessee botch that hire, I was glad to have him. That should also be a lesson. Tennessee messed up their hires much worse than we did, and they were able to bounce right back with the right guy. Were that kind of program. Plug in the right guy and we immediately become a threat again. Those guys aren’t easy to find, but they’re worth the search. Let’s hope this next one is that guy, whoever it is.

The admin especially the Foley leftovers need to be kept out of this decision mostly imo. The morons have done nothing but screw us with them thinking they are smarter than everyone else. This will be the 2nd time (the other one being after Mullen's firing) that the new coach has crap SEC talent to work with. The others before Mullen's firing at least had some good young defensive talent to work with.

sadgator’s point is, he doesn’t really think the “big boosters” influence much of anything in hiring and firing a coach.

Mus was an ahole bulldog, who had a mutual dislike of the fan base and dismantled and annihilated the soul of our program, so that was and easy one.

Mac-death threats…nuff said.

Mullen had a personal dispute with Stricklin over Grantham otherwise he’d still be our coach.

Everybody likes to speculate about what the “big boosters” will do or can do.

Quite frankly over the past 15 years, sadgator hasn’t seen them do jack sh!t…other than to fvck things up…see Rashada.

Billy Napier will speak to the media at 11:45 a.m. Monday as UF prepares to travel to Starkville. If we somehow beat that terrible team we might get stuck with Napier to take a beating from UCF.

Billy Napier will speak to the media at 11:45 a.m. Monday as UF prepares to travel to Starkville. If we somehow beat that terrible team we might get stuck with Napier to take a beating from UCF.
I'm gonna be in Oxford Saturday night for the game and I'm thinking about driving over to Starkville to see the Gators play. Tickets are cheap

Ryan Day is another option as the Buckeye fans want him gone. He recruits the state of Florida better than almost every college coach around.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I just don't see Kiffin coming here. Why would he? He has a great thing going at Ole Miss. Maybe our freshman class is enough to lure him? We need to have a few backup plans

You know, if Foley had the sole focus of saving football as much he was on making sure we had the best women’s badminton team or freshman water polo team, I think he’d be pretty incredible since we dominated women’s badminton and freshman water polo when he was here. Seriously, though, he didn’t seem to have the proper understanding of the value of the football team to the athletic department and the university, and I think his attempt to find a “budget” solution in mcelwain was the worst decision he made (he didn’t hire zook, right?) Bit if his only focus was football, maybe he’d be as effective as he was with women’s badminton? Who knows.

Spurrier could be interesting. I’d trust him to be able to spot the diamond in the rough with prodigious talent, but I’m not sure how much of a feel for NIl, portal, etc he would have since he never had to deal with that. It would be nice having him in charge, though, since he would definitely understand the value of the football program.
Didn't we win all 3 of our football NCs under Foley?

Didn't we win all 3 of our football NCs under Foley?
Yeah, but fwiw he didn’t hire Spurrier, and he did hire zook and Mcelwain, which were kind of baffling hires, tbh.

And I didn’t say he was antagonistic toward football. He just didn’t give it the emphasis an asset that valuable should have.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT