ADVERTISEMENT

So with all the QB talk...what about Jake Allen?

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
So we know Del Rio is going to start.

He has two years of eligibility so if he works out, we may be set until 2018.

Appleby is going to be around this year and it would seem he and Trask would be the back ups.

I would think Franks will end up red shirting (also have a feeling for some reason he might end up transferring at some point).

So that brings us to Allen. What do we think about this guy and the next few years of the position?

I believe LDR has 3 years left.

But to your question, assuming this year isn't a disaster and there's some stability with Mac, I'm extremely hopeful our QB woes are behind us. With Allen, we can plausibly be optimistic about the next five years of the QB position.

I believe LDR has 3 years left.

But to your question, assuming this year isn't a disaster and there's some stability with Mac, I'm extremely hopeful our QB woes are behind us. With Allen, we can plausibly be optimistic about the next five years of the QB position.

Luke only has two years, after that I'd be shocked if Trask isn't the guy. He will be big time

The NCAA granted Luke Del Rio an additional year of eligibility, although they made him sit out last year for transferring. This means that LDR will be a Redshirt-Sophomore in 2016.
It would be nice to have QB's be able to come in, redshirt, compete for the starting job after having at least 2 years in the system, and manage to maintain sufficient quality depth to avoid what we've seen more than once in the past 6 years.
There will occasionally be a QB who transfers/leaves the program due to lack of playing time or other reasons. Let them compete and may the best guys win,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT