ADVERTISEMENT

Shawn Davis to UF!

We are DB U and we have Torrian Gray as our DB coach. That's tough to beat.

I watched some of Marco Wilson last night. Good coverage guy for sure but needs to work on his tackling.

Another great pickup. He's a big time CB prospect.

Yep! :)

Coveted #23 CB Shawn Davis 6-0 190 **** Top 257/300, joined the Gator Class of 2017 on Saturday, committing to UF over Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Tennis-sea as his final Top 5. But Davis is only a rivals 3 star??? However, he has over 2 dozen offers, so who's correct? The rivals recruit ranking tiwts, or ESPN and the million dollar coaches? Keep in mind that Davis is yet another Gator DB that can play any position in the secondary. He's also the 6th commit from S.FL in this class.
Offers: UF - UA, Ark, AU, UGA, UK, LSU, Ms, MsSt, SCa, Tn. :p
Plus: FSU, Mia, Neb, USCw, OreSt, Syr, WVa.
This moves UF's Rivals class ranking up to #12 - 16 - 0 - 9 - 7 - 0 - 3.56 Ave. at rivals. ESPN has yet to update the UF class ranking.

"Growing up, Florida was always my favorite school,” Davis said. “A degree from UF holds more weight than other schools. I’m not too far from home, and they have a tradition of DB's going to the NFL. They didn’t promise me anything but an opportunity,” Davis said. “It’s up to me to determine how much I play, but they are looking for DBs. I think they can develop me into an NFL player.” ;)

Reactions: rminela
Yep! :)

Coveted #23 CB Shawn Davis 6-0 190 **** Top 257/300, joined the Gator Class of 2017 on Saturday, committing to UF over Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Tennis-sea as his final Top 5. But Davis is only a rivals 3 star??? However, he has over 2 dozen offers, so who's correct? The rivals recruit ranking tiwts, or ESPN and the million dollar coaches? Keep in mind that Davis is yet another Gator DB that can play any position in the secondary. He's also the 6th commit from S.FL in this class.
Offers: UF - UA, Ark, AU, UGA, UK, LSU, Ms, MsSt, SCa, Tn. :p
Plus: FSU, Mia, Neb, USCw, OreSt, Syr, WVa.
This moves UF's Rivals class ranking up to #12 - 16 - 0 - 9 - 7 - 0 - 3.56 Ave. at rivals. ESPN has yet to update the UF class ranking.

"Growing up, Florida was always my favorite school,” Davis said. “A degree from UF holds more weight than other schools. I’m not too far from home, and they have a tradition of DB's going to the NFL. They didn’t promise me anything but an opportunity,” Davis said. “It’s up to me to determine how much I play, but they are looking for DBs. I think they can develop me into an NFL player.” ;)

WOW, Mr Ed landed an instate 3*. Whoopity Frikkin-Do.

Getting his ass kicked in-state by Bammer, OSU, FSU, LSU, Miami, etc.

And this list from your beloved 247

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=FL

That list shows we have 5 of the top 50 to UT's 1 (which is ranked lower than any of ours).

That's YOUR STATE, Not ours. How many Top Tennessee recruits has Mr Ed landed over the last 3 recruiting cycles? I'll save you the trouble. It's ZERO.

Jones took 4 away from Mr Ed. last season including OT Marcus Tatum at the last minute flipping him to UT.

I figured him to be just another under weight HS kid that needed a RS year. But he worked his ass off and is now the #2 OLT as a True Freshman. No wonder Mr Ed wanted him so bad.

Tyler Byrd was a 4* CB, but UT is loaded at CB so he will be playing Slot Receiver with his 4.2 speed.( can see why Mr Ed was wanting him so badly as well.)

That list shows we have 5 of the top 50 to UT's 1 (which is ranked lower than any of ours).

Okay so...

UF has 6 of the top 50 (only 41 one of which are committed).

UF-6
UA-4
FSU-7
UM-6
OSU-3
LSU-2
UGA-2
AU-2
TAMU-2
Others-12

And let me get this straight...when saying that Mac hasn't stolen anyone from the state of Tennessee, is that to imply that the population and talent of potential athletes is somehow similar too eachother?

What exactly is trying to be argued here?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
And oddly, when looking at the state of Tennessee TOP 50

UT-6
CLEM-3

The rest isn't much to write home about.

Pretty unimpressive for the premier program in a state that includes competition like Vandy, Memphis, and MTSU.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
That's YOUR STATE, Not ours. How many Top Tennessee recruits has Mr Ed landed over the last 3 recruiting cycles? I'll save you the trouble. It's ZERO.

Jones took 4 away from Mr Ed. last season including OT Marcus Tatum at the last minute flipping him to UT.

I figured him to be just another under weight HS kid that needed a RS year. But he worked his ass off and is now the #2 OLT as a True Freshman. No wonder Mr Ed wanted him so bad.

Tyler Byrd was a 4* CB, but UT is loaded at CB so he will be playing Slot Receiver with his 4.2 speed.( can see why Mr Ed was wanting him so badly as well.)
What difference is this going to make when we hand it to you for a 12th time in a row?

To be fair, most of UT's recruits can't leave the state due to parole considerations.

WOW, Mr Ed landed an instate 3*. Whoopity Frikkin-Do.

Getting his ass kicked in-state by Bammer, OSU, FSU, LSU, Miami, etc.

And this list from your beloved 247

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=FL

Foaming at da mouth Mad-Doggie strikes again,,,, and misses as usual. :oops:

NR CB Shawn Davis 6-1 195 *** 5.6 - Miami, FL
Offers: UF - UA, Ark, AU, UGA, UK, LSU, MsSt, Ms, SCa, Tn
FSU, Mia,
ILL, Neb, OreSt, Syr, USCw, WVa, etc.
(getting his ass kicked by????) :cool:

ESPN #23 CB Shawn Davis 6-0 190 **** 81 - Top 257/300

First, I look at his offer list. Then I look at ESPN's ranking, and what I'm seeing is a 4 star.
You are welcome to see whatever you can with your head that far up your butt... :confused:

But oh BTW, I did notice that your own Head-BJ was after his 21st 3 star, but he was unsuccessful yet again.... :p

PS

"That's YOUR STATE, Not ours. How many Top Tennessee recruits has Mr Ed landed over the last 3 recruiting cycles? I'll save you the trouble. It's ZERO."

I didn't know that the entire state of tennis-sea even had more than 1-2 four star recruits per year??? And usually, those drunk sister chasers couldn't get past UF's academic standards anyway... o_O

The better question that you just skipped right over, is how many of tennis-sea's pretty good recruits did your Head-BJ manage to lie to well enough, for them to stay in-state at no-Knox, up on ole loser sloppy-drop? (crickets again)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT