ADVERTISEMENT

Portal for MBB

kcflagator

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
So, we are in the free-for-all in the NCAA portal. What is that like?

Here is the hypothetical: Suppose we want to grab a guard who is currently playing on Marquette. This is not an exact example so get over it.

The guard from Marquette tells us that he has interest in other schools and Connecticut has offered him $500,000 per year and we need to pay him $600,000 for him to consider going to UF. However, there’s no proof that he’s telling us the truth. There is no agent. The player could be completely lying to us. There is no regulation in place.

That is what our coaches are dealing with. They have to assess what is real and what is not real. That is not easy. It’s a complete crap show. You may be making an offer to a player who actually has zero offers out there. However, you have to play the game and trust your evaluation tools.. I honestly believe our coaches are better than others in this arena. We are cutting edge. We are extremely active in this arena. However, it comes with a risk.

Last year, we nailed it. I hope we do that again.

This process needs to get addressed as soon as possible. Because it’s not sustainable.

But, that’s where we are. Our coaches are not afraid. They are extremely aggressive. They are extremely smart. I like our chances.

KC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.