ADVERTISEMENT

PFFs rankings of the 80 QBs in bowl games - Trask # 29?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
https://www.pff.com/news/college-fo...e-football-bowl-quarterbacks-by-pro-potential
TREVOR LAWRENCE, CLEMSON TIGERS

It's difficult to go against the man who has yet to lose a college football game. Lawrence might not be playing at the level Burrow is now, but on the other hand, we've never seen anyone play at the level Lawrence has in his freshman and sophomore seasons. There's really not a single thing about the position he can't do at a high level, as indicated by his 90.7 grade last season and 91.5 this season. He'll be in contention to be the No. 1 overall pick in 2021.

2. JOE BURROW, LSU TIGERS

There's no shame in finishing runner-up to the golden boy from Clemson. Burrow doesn't have a big arm like Lawrence, but he has accuracy the likes of which we've never seen. He has been accurate on 72.3% of his passes targeted beyond the line of scrimmage this season. Second place is 65.8%.

3. JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Fields is one of the best dual-threat quarterbacks we've graded since Cam Newton. He ranks third in the nation in accuracy on passes 10-plus yards downfield. In the run game, he's a battering ram who can run a sub-4.6 40-yard dash at 220 pounds. While he has thrown only one pick, fumbles have been a problem for Fields, as he has 11 on the season. He could compete with Lawrence to be the top QB in the 2021 class.

4. JUSTIN HERBERT, OREGON DUCKS

Arm talent talks when it comes to the NFL, and no one has more of it in college football than Herbert. While he plays in a horizontal, screen-based offense that doesn't suit his talents, he still never quite had a dominant outing against a real defense. That makes him a big projection to the NFL. Herbert, however, could be a top-15 pick in April.

5. JAKE FROMM, GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Fromm's quick decision-making, risk aversion and command of the Georgia offense all make him a coach's dream. He has made only six turnover-worthy plays this season on 410 dropbacks. The worry, however, is that with his limited arm and the fact that he hails from a run-heavy offense, he is never going to be much more than a game manager at the next level. Fromm could enter the 2020 draft, or he could return to play for the Bulldogs for another season.

29. KYLE TRASK, FLORIDA GATORS

Trask shows some NFL tools, but he has to be more calculated with the football over the middle of the field. He has racked up 20 turnover-worthy plays in not even a full season of work.
-------------------------------

Don't agree with Trask being listed only at # 29 though he does need to improve with ball security some. He is better than a lot of players listed over him.

Fromm I am not as down on as some people here but I wouldn't have him top 5 even though he can make some nice throws when the receivers are doing good work on the field.

Herbert is the one I think is the most overrated and won't be that good as a pro no matter where he gets drafted. Just watched 2 of his games this season and many of his down the field throws were not that good at all.

Last edited:
12 Games = 48 Quarters

Trask's number totals were obtained in just 37.5 Quarters. (adjust accordingly)

Next consider the quality of the defenses that he goes against.
When you can get repeatedly sacked in 1.5 seconds, then that's a rather serious problem.
Another consideration is the OL/Run Game deficiencies.
And Kyle is also sharing playing time with Emory. Not a problem imo, but it does add to the considerations necessary for a realistic QB comparison.

Hard for me to believe there are 28 better college quarterbacks playing in bowls that are better than Trask. I’d put him right outside the top tier guys listed above. There may be guys with better numbers, but Trask has done it in a full SEC season and has been learning on the job.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I hope Fromm believes his clippings and goes pro. Georgia could use a nice 8-4 season to let recruits know what lies ahead for them.

As long as he keeps helping us to win games I don't care where he ranks. Thus far I have to give the kid a solid A. Protect the ball better is my only ask....
He does tend to hold it to long but has gotten better...he's moving around the pocket better too but he gets an A from me too. He's a great kid and very humble about things. He's been a great surprise and I've been very impressed.

Hard for me to believe there are 28 better college quarterbacks playing in bowls that are better than Trask. I’d put him right outside the top tier guys listed above. There may be guys with better numbers, but Trask has done it in a full SEC season and has been learning on the job.
He's played great...in a pass heavy offense. He's ran the offense and reads the defenses really well. These players have been very unselfish...that's all Mullen.

I hope Fromm believes his clippings and goes pro. Georgia could use a nice 8-4 season to let recruits know what lies ahead for them.
Depending on his draft status I would leave if I was him...he didn't have a great season but if he plays the same or worse he'll lose money. It's a tough position to evaluate.

That might be coming whether Fromm stays or goes. He's clearly regressed under Kirbs, despite what the dawgs here try to spin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT