ADVERTISEMENT

PC Police at games now....how dare you have fun!

djegators

Bull Gator
Dec 6, 2008
Florida’s band told to stop inciting negative chants toward opponents

The University Athletic Association has mandated that Florida’s band stop playing tunes that incite negative chants toward opposing teams, according to Jay Watkins, the UF Associate Director of Athletic Bands.

Watkins says the university’s band received several negative emails concerning its mid-game cues that initiate Florida’s “You Can’t Do That” and “Move Back, You Suck” chants after penalties on opposing teams.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...d-told-stop-negative-chants-toward-opponents/

The swamp is a snakepit on gameday. I'd have never thought the University gave a crap about what goes on.

Our fans also need to stop cheering for the Gators unless they are willing to cheer just as loudly for the other team. We need to stop thinking of them as our opponents and start thinking of them as honored guests. Also, no more keeping score and all players from each team get a trophy at the end of the game.

Our fans also need to stop cheering for the Gators unless they are willing to cheer just as loudly for the other team. We need to stop thinking of them as our opponents and start thinking of them as honored guests. Also, no more keeping score and all players from each team get a trophy at the end of the game.

LOL, well played. This is ridiculous, can't hurt anybody's feelings anymore, even at a football game.

Won't be long and we'll be playing two hand touch football because tackling will be deemed oppressive. Imagine three white guys on defense tackling someone else of a different color. Lol

THIS!

The next thing is they'll stop the "Gatorbait" thingy. I mean it IS directed toward the other team and all and involves the band. I gotta feeling your fans are going to do as they please...with or without the band's prompt.

I heard the band has agreed to the demands of the UAA. From now on, after penalties they will play Lil John's "Move Bit**, get out the way"

55743296.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT