ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Question Please. Coming up for the . . . . . .

Oct 7, 2014
Ole Miss game Saturday night. Many a year has gone by since I was in the stadium. I read where there is a $10 per person shuttle from Oaks Mall to the stadium. Any of you guys use it and/or is it a good way to park and get to the game.

Alternatively, if we plan on getting to the campus around 3.5 hours before kickoff coming from the west, are there recommended places to park within walking distance. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You can park on campus, if you get there early enough. Get there at noon and you can probably find a spot.

I used to always park at the corner of Gale Lemorand and Archer Rd in the UF Eye Specialties parking lot. It's free and only 1 mile to the stadium. Easy to get in and out of before and after the game and you can park there on the weekends. I've never had a problem getting a spot there.

3 hours before kickoff may not leave a lot of parking options near the stadium. Nonetheless, there are a number of private residences and lots north and west of the stadium within a 5-20 minute walk for $20-$40 per car, Take the SR26/Newberry Rd exit east from I-75. North side of SW 2nd Ave from 34th Street to the campus, or north of University Avenue from NW 21st Street to NW 13th Street,

You might also try south of the stadium near SW Archer Rd in lots along Gale Lemarand Drive, lots near IFAS/VA Hospital, or SW of stadium, on campus, near Museum & Performing Arts Center. Be prepared to walk up to a mile and a-half.

The buses/trolleys run from 5 locations. Here is a link with info .... http://www.gatorzone.com/facilities/shuttles
oooo

It's a night game which gives everyone lots of time to get to the stadium. ALL of the spaces near the stadium will be long gone by then. Plan on a walk or the shuttles.

Really never had a problem parking north of the stadium. Try the Catholic Church or th blocks surrounding. Always something for 15-20 bucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT