ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Braun - UF “seemed like a really good match"

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Components of his decision -
Braun said that he’ll make his decision based on the schools’ grad-school programs, strength programs and fit with coaching staff and team.

Football - transition to an all-new coaching staff, the opportunity to test himself in a different setting and preparing for the NFL.

911 for Nick Savage -
Braun, 6-foot-3 and 280 pounds, said he needs to gain strength and weight to play in a pro-style offense. (NFL) Braun said he’s also considering a switch to center, which may help his NFL prospects. Guards are typically bigger than centers.

Transferring also “was an opportunity to play on a different team and test myself and my limits and see how good of a player I can be,” he said. “It’s also an opportunity to get more film against an entirely different schedule.”

Braun has been serious about his education, three times earning academic All-ACC honors. He’ll graduate in May with a degree in literature, media and communication. He wanted to pursue a master’s in a liberal-arts field, and his choices at Tech were not to his liking. Braun said he’d like to study anthropology and has an idea of becoming a community-college professor when his football career is complete.

While Braun said that Florida “seemed like a really good match,” he isn’t in a rush. He isn’t to the point where he would call Florida, Texas and Ohio State “finalists.” In fact, he said he was setting up an unofficial visit to Auburn.

“So it’s still completely up in the air, really,” he said.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...nale-for-transferring/5zYjJ3VSBJkMCa7frUcgLL/

GO GATORS !!

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
--- Components of his decision ----

"Braun said that he’ll make his decision based on the schools’ grad-school programs, strength programs and fit with coaching staff and team."

JMOHO of course,,, but..... o_O
He's either coming to UF, or he's badly misinformed about how well UF fits in with his stated criteria... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT