Road To Glory

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
Titans at Chiefs

Falcons at Rams

Bills at Jaguars

Panthers at Saints

Any of these eight good enough to make a run to Minny?

My early bet would be on the winner of the New Orleans and Carolina matchup. Although I am an Eagles fan I am not all that confident in Foles. Minnesota has Case Keenum , a nasty defense and a great homefield advantage. New Orleans has a Hall of Fame Qb and Carolina has a MVP quality QB. I take QB play all day in the playoffs so that is my justification.

Any of you guys pulling for the Jags, Titans, Chiefs, Panthers, Bills, Rams, Falcons, Saints?

Seahawks fan here... I predict the NFC wins LII this year and one of these 3 teams (Vikings, Rams, or Saints)

Would love to see the Bills win just because it’s been so long (like over 20 years since they won a playoff game) but can’t really be disappointed if the jags win.

I think the Rams have the ability to turn it on and get to the NFC title game.

Don’t want to see the saints or Panthers honestly.

Pretty indifferent between the Chiefs and Titans.

Almost any team minus New Orleans or Carolina would be a good champion.

Would love the dominance of a New England victory (I think I’ve mentioned how I enjoy dominance of an era) but my heart really wants Big Ben to get one more before he retires. Especially with the team he has now.

7-0 Chiefs, I didn't know so many Nole fans were in Kansas City. That terrible warchant is blaring from Arrowhead. Almost enough to make me root for the Titans.

Would love to see the Bills win just because it’s been so long (like over 20 years since they won a playoff game) but can’t really be disappointed if the jags win.

I think the Rams have the ability to turn it on and get to the NFC title game.

Don’t want to see the saints or Panthers honestly.

Pretty indifferent between the Chiefs and Titans.

Almost any team minus New Orleans or Carolina would be a good champion.

Would love the dominance of a New England victory (I think I’ve mentioned how I enjoy dominance of an era) but my heart really wants Big Ben to get one more before he retires. Especially with the team he has now.

I really dislike the Steelers, don't think I have ever rooted for them.

I never bet against New England, even if there is strife internally.

I read that article.

No on the record sources. Felt like a lot of sensationalism.

But that article is exactly the type of thing that would galvanize them as a team.

Really? Why? They’ve always been a very professional, well run team.
Personal preference. My dad has been a Bengals fan and that bad blood runs deep.

My first serious girlfriend had a family full of Steeler fans. They were some of the most obnoxious people I have ever met. So personal preference is my reason.

Personal preference. My dad has been a Bengals fan and that bad blood runs deep.

My first serious girlfriend had a family full of Steeler fans. They were some of the most obnoxious people I have ever met. So personal preference is my reason.

Ha fair enough. I can’t believe he let you date a Steelers girl in the first place.

Ha fair enough. I can’t believe he let you date a Steelers girl in the first place.
It was more her family, they were borderline psychotic when it came to their hate of anything Cincinnati, Cleveland or Baltimore.

If my son or daughter brought their significant other over I wouldn't say I hated Seminole or Hurricane fans so openly. I love Florida and football but I don't despise opposing fans, just the entity they root for.

I don’t know what happened to the Rams but his late season slump has been awful.
Atlanta has been an enigma all year, roughly the same team led by Matt Ryan. Super Bowl hangover? The Rams were an incredible team and they have a bright future with . Atlanta just played at another level.

Any of you guys pulling for the Jags, Titans, Chiefs, Panthers, Bills, Rams, Falcons, Saints?

Seems to me that many former fans no longer G-a-S about the Neo-Facist League, and whether they stand or sit squarely on their thumbs during the National Anthem. They are fast becoming a total waste of time and space imo.

All I'll be pulling for is even more empty stadiums, and a growing lack of interest being in their near future.... o_O

Seems to me that many former fans no longer G-a-S about the Neo-Facist League, and whether they stand or sit squarely on their thumbs during the National Anthem. They are fast becoming a total waste of time and space imo.

All I'll be pulling for is even more empty stadiums, and a growing lack of interest being in their near future.... o_O
Roger Goodell is a terrible commissioner. I love and respect this country and the freedoms it affords me. I don't agree with the anthem protest but it is their right to do so. It is your right as a consumer to no longer support this form of entertainment. It is my right to loudly say "God Bless America" to any peabrained fool who hates this country but continues to live here and reap the rewards of those who have fallen to give it to them.

End of my tangent, this is football.

One of the many reasons I love college football, its about the team and not the me.

Jaguars win 10 to 3. Bortles didn't look too great but the Jag defense shined.

New Orleans knocks off Carolina. Two road teams won yesterday, both home teams won today.

Congrats to the Jaguars and Saints.

Next week

JAX @PIT

TEN@N.E

ATL@PHI

N.O@MIN

See you next week in the Divisional Playoffs Jags,Pats,Steeler,Titans,Saints,Vikes,
Falcons and Eagles!

Judging by the lack of other posts, maybe you should take your NFL interest to one of the many NFL boards... :rolleyes:

Reactions: CompuGator
You would think that Steelers/Patriots is a foregone conclusion. Probably both games will be a little tougher than you would think. Tennessee will have to move the ball, and Jacksonville will have to slow down Pittsburgh the way they did earlier in the year. Bortles really did not look up to the playoff pressure in week 1. In the NFC, it's interesting that the two top seeds have the untested quarterbacks. Give me NO v. Atl in the NFC and NE vs. Pitt in the AFC. Then NO v. NE in the SB.

You would think that Steelers/Patriots is a foregone conclusion. Probably both games will be a little tougher than you would think. Tennessee will have to move the ball, and Jacksonville will have to slow down Pittsburgh the way they did earlier in the year. Bortles really did not look up to the playoff pressure in week 1. In the NFC, it's interesting that the two top seeds have the untested quarterbacks. Give me NO v. Atl in the NFC and NE vs. Pitt in the AFC. Then NO v. NE in the SB.

I think you’re about right but have a feeling Minnesota pulls it out

Minnesota is a tough as nails team that has a huge advantage at home( Super Bowl is going to be played there). This might be Drew Brees last shot.

As an Eagles fan I want to believe in Foles but this nagging feeling is telling me Atlanta is playing up to last years level now.

New England and Pittsburgh should take care of a Blake Bortles and hobbled Marcus Mariota led team(s).

Brady vs Brees, that would be an interesting and fresh matchup. New Orleans has a better defense than I thought. Minnesota is really good but can Keenum keep up his stellar play.

Pittsburgh is gonna be a tough place for Bortles.

New England is New England.

Unfortunately I agree with you on the Atlanta and Philly matchup. Foles is not good enough, I would love to be wrong.

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

Twenty minutes to kickoff. Atlanta at Philadephia,Matt Ryan and the #6 seed Falcons going into the town that booed Santa Claus.

Home of the Cheeseteak, Declaration of Independence , Liberty Bell and Rocky Balboa....Philadelphia and the #1 seed Eagles(not the band).

Atlanta up 3-0, 10:43 second quarter. Philly is facing a fourth and goal.......

Touchdown!!!!!! Trey Burke scores, PAT no good. Philly leads 6 to 3.

Geez. You can't be that unaware. Atlanta is forced to punt but an Eagles player lets the ball hit his foot and now Atlanta is set up at around the Philly 20.

These are the kind of plays that lose you a game.

Atlanta is now at the Philly 18......

Matt Ryan incomplete pass but..... referee calls a unneccessary roughness call. Fifteen yards and Atlanta is now in business.......

Now a holding call against Philly gives them another first down....

Philly is back on their heels now....Ryan almost gets sacked, he throws up a jump pass...touchdown.

PAT good Atlanta now up 10-6, 5:11 left in the first half.

Eagles win 15-10, they will host the winner of Saints-Vikings game tmr. in the NFC Championship Game next week.

Can’t believe they didn’t call pass interference at the end there for Atlanta. Julio got raped in the end zone.

Officiating is always going to be a hot button issue. I can't comment on it until I have seen it. I have just been getting updates through a third person.

When I get home I will be able to watch the full second half I missed. I am happy because I am an Eagles fan but I am not blind to bad calls that go either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT