ADVERTISEMENT

Football Offense is Mcelwain 2.0

movinonwapir22

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2006
In tight offense that invites multiple defenders to be at the line of scrimmage and in the box versus spreading teams out.

OL is not Bama or the 49ers which is what is required for this offense to be successful.

Graham while a great competitor, is the somewhat enhanced version Del Rio and Appleby. Not an elite playmaker at the position but a game manager. You’re going to more free rushers in this type of offense, so you need an athlete at the qb position who can improvise.

We had Boardingham matched up on DEs multiple times which resulted in a sack, TFL, and blown up plays.

While I think Napier is cooked, he has a chance with Lagway to realize the errors in his ways and go to a more spread based offense. That is what Florida football has won in the past. We apparently don’t have the money for 5 star OL, so neutralize that somewhat with spreading guys out, making it easier for OL to identify assignments and qb able to identify where rushers are coming from.

I don’t see Napier changing, I think he believes this style of offense is best which is baffling.

Reactions: g88ter and Ldgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.