ADVERTISEMENT

O Line

GatorNation79

Bull Gator
Sep 27, 2009
Sparks, NV
I thought that they played pretty dang well considering how inexperienced they are. Of course we would like to see more running lanes...but they did good at the goal line and pass blocking was decent. IMO big props to that unit for stepping their play up from the last game.

Getting better every week. And thats what most of us said we wanted of this year. OL improving, Grier improving, Calloway and Powell improving. We've been far from perfect, but we keep getting better

I'm really surprised at how much better the WR's are this year. I know that they are being featured and getting to play...but Powell and Calloway (also with other players) are great additions to this receiving core. The WR's have silently been a much improved group this year.

When is Lewis going to be back? I read he had a big cast on his hand

During one series we had 3 true freshman OL on the field at the same time.
We did a good job of picking up UT's delayed blitzes The OL will continue to improve with experience

Its amazing what a offensive minded coach can do..our Oline have improved so much in just a week, the WR/TE are actually making tough catches instead of dropping balls that hit us in the numbers (Westbrook *cough cough*) and we are making plays after we catch the ball..it truely is amazing how far Coach Mac has brought this offense in such a short time

The plays we called on 4th down to get Powell open twice were amazing.

We did a good job of picking up UT's delayed blitzes The OL will continue to improve with experience
OL is making some big strides...those freshman have impressed so far. Big test this week with Ole Miss...their D Line is legit.

I am pleasantly surprised. They are pass blocking better than last season. They don't block downhill good yet but they are a young patchwork of linemen. Not sure how much better you could expect in the circumstances. I think Mac will build this line into a beast in the next couple of years. He is making lemonade out of lemons so far. We are going to get our ass kicked by someone this season, I have no delusions. Can't say we didn't know this coming into the season. Hopefully will will not only compete with our biggest rivals but shit down their necks too. :)

Building a solid foundation for the future. Ole Miss will be very tough, hope our youngins continue to make great strides.

No, watch the two to Powell again.. The first one was a trips motion out and in or "stab" route as we call it

the 2nd one in the 4th Quarter was a shake route, he sat down in front of the backer then hit the shake route once he sat down with him and was WIDE open. Two OUTSTANDING routes

so was his out route for the TD while he was exhausted

No, watch the two to Powell again.. The first one was a trips motion out and in or "stab" route as we call it

That was a beautiful play. I tell you the play call has been on point. Mich you have to give Nuss some love. You really went hard on the guy before the season but they have done a pretty great job calling these games.

The play calls in those situations are why we won, our plays and route combinations are awesome. Once we get some of these great talented WR's in the state like Bruce playing the same position as Powell it's gonna get fun

the 2nd one in the 4th Quarter was a shake route, he sat down in front of the backer then hit the shake route once he sat down with him and was WIDE open. Two OUTSTANDING routes

so was his out route for the TD while he was exhausted
cool

KT did good but our run game pales in comparison to the good SEC teams. The 47 yard run KT had, watch it again, a UT linebacker slipped on the turf. Had he not slipped, KT's rushing avg would have less than 3.5 yards per carry. He's a plodder and not really a home run threat.

It's hard not to be envious of LSU, Uga, and even UT when it comes to their RB's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT