ADVERTISEMENT

Move the SECCG back a week...it's not that hard.

That is what we did in 2001. And if Florda/LSU is not in the SECCG picture at all no matter the outcome of the game, the SECCG would not have to be delayed.

A complication now that wasn't one then is the playoff picture. But that can easily be delayed a week too, if a trip to the SECCG is on the line depending on the outcome of the game.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Regardless, play the game. If they aren't in the SECCG picture...play it the week after. Its a black eye to the entire athletic department. Not being insensitive to the victims but the game needs to be played.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I'd take this scenario. If UF and/or LSU are in the title game picture, delay the USA/Presbertian games to the week after the SECCG and play each other that week we both had the pasty's scheduled. It's not that difficult.

If they decide to move it back a week, they will need to decide that soon. And will keep it back even if both Florida and LSU drop out of contention. Too many logistics. I bet they will do that, and decide within the next few weeks. Also need time to work with ESPN and playoff selection, moving all that stuff back a week. Even the Heisman.

Reactions: rdgtr
No way in hell this game gets played. To many people playing politics now. It will be a back and forth pissing match for the next month with no eventual resolution.
Disagree. If it is meaningful, it will be played. The pressure will be too great. Hell, it mifht be played even if it is not.

I think it should be played. Either on Nov 19 or Dec 3.

Disagree. If it is meaningful, it will be played. The pressure will be too great. Hell, it mifht be played even if it is not.

I think it should be played. Either on Nov 19 or Dec 3.

I agree. If it could cost Tenn the East it will be played. My guess is we lose another SEC game or two to take that out of the equation but there is no way they would let that scenario unfold due to the uproar it would cause.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Are people concluding that a team that needed a late missed FG and overtime to beat Appy State and an unforced helmet removing penalty to defeat Georgia, let alone inexplicable play calling by Florida and a net four turnovers to beat VTech, and a late surge to escape a MAC team....

Is automatically going to beat both Mizzou and South Carolina? I will give you Kentucky and Vandy this year.

IMO, if Tennessee beats Alabama this week, I give them a strong probability of being the SEC East representative.

Yes, if they beat Alabama, they have a much better shot. They will be falling all over themselves like they did in their effort to end eleven straight with the Gators...it is now nine with Alabama, but I doubt Alabama gets a big lead them simply stops running plays midway through the third quarter.

Read on gatorzone the SEC Commissioner stated the game needs to be played so they will work something out.

No way in hell this game gets played. To many people playing politics now. It will be a back and forth pissing match for the next month with no eventual resolution.

Florida doesn't want to lose a marquee game like LSU-Florida in the Swamp!
These teams could play this game after the regular season. Treat it like a good bowl game.
One or both of these teams could still be in the SEC Championship game.

The SEC commisioner needs to stop playing politics with UF-LSU and get on the job of moving the conference championship to a week later.

1. If LSU and/or UF are in contention for the SECCG...move the conference championship game back a week.
2. If the same above is true. Move the LSU/Texas A&M game back to Saturday instead of Thanksgiving. The 3 road games in twelve days will be over with. It would be 3 games 14 days which is not far out of the ordinary. Either cancel the USA/Presbertian games or play them after the SECCG.

3. If neither LSU or UF are in contention for the sec title...play the week after the SECCG.

If you listened to Sankey's actual comments during the Tenn. v. A&M game, they seemed very non-committal despite his insistence that the game "needs to be played." It left sadgator feeling almost certain that it will not be played. In fact, given one or two more losses by either of us and the game becomes completely irrelevant. If they don't reach a decision by this coming weekend, there is zero probability that it will be rescheduled. Too much nonsense and posturing by all involved.

If you listened to Sankey's actual comments during the Tenn. v. A&M game, they seemed very non-committal despite his insistence that the game "needs to be played." It left sadgator feeling almost certain that it will not be played. In fact, given one or two more losses by either of us and the game becomes completely irrelevant. If they don't reach a decision by this coming weekend, there is zero probability that it will be rescheduled. Too much nonsense and posturing by all involved.
Indeed. That was the interesting takeaway. It sounds like the SEC Commissioner cannot force the issue.

If you are saying it mist be rescheduled by this weekend then I do not see how it can not be. They cannot assume we lose one morr SEC game, our remaining schedule is not that tough

I'm sure if Sankey could force them to play it, he would. Sounds like it's up to the schools to do their best to get it scheduled. A one-loss UF getting to Atlanta without playing LSU would be a disaster for the league.

Bradleygator you make some very good points and I appreciate that. Let me make a few points.

1. LSU's AD has state that LSU will play at home on Nov.19th. A LSU home game is worth about 15 million to the Baton Rouge area.
2. This problem is 100% on Greg Sankey he should have ordered the game played on Saturday at UF period.
3. Neither team really neds this game unless they both win out and that's unlikely to happen.

I don't think it's that crazy that we win out in-league. Georgia and Arkansas are certainly beatable. Plus, UT could drop two more.

2. This problem is 100% on Greg Sankey he should have ordered the game played on Saturday at UF period.

He does not have the authority to do that. Neither Legal or ethical authority. A CAT four hurricane was bearing down on Florida

3. Neither team really neds this game unless they both win out and that's unlikely to happen.

Disagree. Who is being chicken now?

The game should have been played as scheduled. Foley chose not to play the game as scheduled so it's his fault. LSU is under no obligation to fix someone else's mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT