ADVERTISEMENT

Marco Wilson to UF

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
Another great addition to the recruiting class. This 2017 recruiting class is really looking good now and should continue to get better over the next several weeks.

I wouldn't call Wilson a stud DB yet. He definitely has that potential and Gray knows DB's so I trust the take, but Marco has yet to start a game in HS. Not sure how he's a 4-star at this point. He has a lot to prove on the field.

I wouldn't call Wilson a stud DB yet. He definitely has that potential and Gray knows DB's so I trust the take, but Marco has yet to start a game in HS. Not sure how he's a 4-star at this point. He has a lot to prove on the field.
Huh? I'm pretty sure he started his sophomore year. I'm pretty sure he missed his Junior year due to injury. They say in high school he is better than his brother. He has offers from just about every major college in the southeast and Michigan, Ohio State and Southern Cal. I don't know whether he's going to be a stud or not but he was certainly a very heavily recruited prospect. I actually think this kid would be ranked in the consensus national top 100 if he didn't miss last year.

Last edited:
Huh? I'm pretty sure he started his sophomore year. I'm pretty sure he missed his Junior year due to injury. They say in high school he is better than his brother. He has offers from just about every major college in the southeast and Michigan, Ohio State and Southern Cal. I don't know whether he's going to be a stud or not but he was certainly a very heavily recruited prospect.

No he did not start as a sophomore at Heritage. And correct he was injured all of last year. So he has not started a game in HS.

And yes I know what offers he has...I don't need to be reminded. I didn't say he wasn't good, I clearly said he had potential. Doesn't mean he's worthy of being 4-star at this point in time, not having not started a game. He has elite potential, the production hasn't been there yet. Hence him have a lot to prove. What about that do you disagree with?

I'm pretty sure he started the last 7 games of his sophomore year at American Heritage. I do believe he is worthy of his 4 star rating but that is my opinion.

He's worthy on talent alone, not so much production. I expect that production to come, it should anyway because he's too talented for it not to. I'm just saying at this point he still has a lot to prove on the field.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
He's worthy on talent alone, not so much production. I expect that production to come, it should anyway because he's too talented for it not to. I'm just saying at this point he still has a lot to prove on the field.

Yeah that wasn't a shot at you bro - love your posts. I need to leave recruiting for a bit the back/forth gets tiring :) but I won't because like most here I'm addicted haha.

The naysayers (the real extremes) take their toll. You sign a 4 star, well his commitment list sucks, if he has a good commitment list - well he doesn't have an AL offer. He has an AL offer - well we lost an in-state kid, if he's an in-state kid - well he was coming to UF no matter what.

I'm convinced we could have a consensus #1 class and then those same folks would be talking about how our depth sucks or we didn't recruit for "needs". lol

All that matters is right now is the 2017 recruiting class is very good at this moment. It should get even better.

Yeah that wasn't a shot at you bro - love your posts. I need to leave recruiting for a bit the back/forth gets tiring :) but I won't because like most here I'm addicted haha.

The naysayers (the real extremes) take their toll. You sign a 4 star, well his commitment list sucks, if he has a good commitment list - well he doesn't have an AL offer. He has an AL offer - well we lost an in-state kid, if he's an in-state kid - well he was coming to UF no matter what.

I'm convinced we could have a consensus #1 class and then those same folks would be talking about how our depth sucks or we didn't recruit for "needs". lol

No worries, I didn't interpret your posts as a shot at me.

Seems like this class is starting to turn around. Still worried about OL and DL, but our skill guys look much better than they have the last two classes.

Our Dline recruiting has been very good. Maybe a little light at DT but our DE recruiting has been very good.

No worries, I didn't interpret your posts as a shot at me.

Seems like this class is starting to turn around. Still worried about OL and DL, but our skill guys look much better than they have the last two classes.
9 or so wins this season should really help...

Reactions: GatorNation79
Our DT recruiting has been below average. Next to QB, may not be a more important position. Weak on OL too, another very important position
If we stay healthy our O line will do a decent job this year...we are 4 guys that have almost a full year of experience. I thought that Wilson would have had a big year last year but he was often found out of position...I'm hoping for more production from him this year.

Great pick up though...we are picking up some quality players. I think that Mac is doing a great job. Rebuilding...we need a positive season to keep pushing us forward.

Our Dline recruiting has been very good. Maybe a little light at DT but our DE recruiting has been very good.

Disagree on d-line. Our d-line recruiting can't be very good if we're light on DT...its probably the most important position on defense. I'd be more optimistic if they were sliding Cece or Zuniga inside, but it looks like both are staying outside for now. So we've only signed 1 DT the last two classes, that's gonna hurt next year when we're relying on freshmen to play backup minutes. I'm betting that juco kid gets tons of minutes on necessity alone.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Let's please rejoice that we got a commitment from Marco Wilson on this thread and be gloomy about OL/DT recruiting on one of the many 60 threads that somewhere in them address the gloom situation on where we are missing. Please. Positive vibe peeps. We got a commitment from a pretty good prospect.

I predict that contrary to the expectation displayed in some posts in the past few months, the Mighty Gators will be able to actually field a defense next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
I predict that contrary to some posts in the past few months, the Mighty Gators will be able to actually field a defense next year.
Who cares? We should shut the program down because we haven't recruited up to standards on 2 positions out of 24.

:cool:

And I'm only kidding guys. Hold tight, have patience and let's see how the DT recruiting goes.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Disagree on d-line. Our d-line recruiting can't be very good if we're light on DT...its probably the most important position on defense. I'd be more optimistic if they were sliding Cece or Zuniga inside, but it looks like both are staying outside for now. So we've only signed 1 DT the last two classes, that's gonna hurt next year when we're relying on freshmen to play backup minutes. I'm betting that juco kid gets tons of minutes on necessity alone.
Cece is up to 270. He's gonna play some DT. He's the next Jonathan Bullard. Jachai Polite is going to end up a DT as well.

Very happy to get Marco. I think we will get Shawn Davis too and he is another that is a good looking prospect. He is "only" a 3 star but has offers from UF, Auburn, Bama, miami and a few others.

Then if we luck out with Terrell or Wade that would make this an absolutely awesome class for Cornerbacks - one of our biggest need positions in this cycle.

I am concerned about DT (come on Hansard) and Offensive Line (Leatherwood? That looks unlikely. Could we possibly flip Navaughn Donaldson?....I really don't know who else that is highly rated is even on our board)

I think we look good for Robinson and Jarez Parks.

Paco taco is this you or instant-hen? :D

Marco (**** 5.9) Plantation, FL, couldn't be very good cause Choke-la-homa didn't offer him. (right head-nailed-to-da-flor) The Chokers 2 CB's are **** 5.8's from dust bowl HS's. :rolleyes:

The only other big schools that were recruiting M.Wilson were:
Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, MissSt, S.Carolina.
Clemson, Miami, Michigan, N.Carolina, Ohio St, Wisconsin,,, etc. :cool:

PS

The Head-BJ at tennis-sea also didn't need/offer Wilson....
Instead, he took a *** CB from LA. o_O

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT