ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fires Bobby Petrino

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012
If FSU was smart they would fire Taggart today and announce Petrino tomorrow.

Assuming Petrino would be interested, to be fair Louisville is probably a better program right now.

Just two short years ago he won 10 games. Not too shabby for a program that isn't an every year contender for double digit wins.

Edit: Sorry, it was 9 wins...but anyway
He had Lamar Jackson. He probably should have done better than he did when he had him. He’s an offensive coach. He obviously forgot to develop any other QBs during that time.

And I mean they aren’t just bad right now but they are really really bad.

This is obviously a hot topic on the UK board right now.

Firing Petrino is arguably the final major step for their AD Vince Tyra to clean out the trash from the former regime. Petrino has thoroughly trashed the program. Whoever takes that job is looking at a major rebuild.

Petrino could be a good OC for the right program. Just need to keep him on a short leash and put a “No Harley” clause in his contract.

Hopefully Nick has already offered him an offensive analyst position. Butch can go help out in the concession stand.

He should have been fired after he handed f$u that game a few weeks back. If he runs the ball and kicks the field goal they are already ineligible for a bowl and guaranteed a losing record, which is a good thing for college football.

He should have been fired after he handed f$u that game a few weeks back. If he runs the ball and kicks the field goal they are already ineligible for a bowl and guaranteed a losing record, which is a good thing for college football.
This

He can practice his motorcycle driving skills in his off time.

DJeo1eoXgAERkfN.jpg

I wouldn't hire that guy...he's a total POS...scumbag...he's a great offensive mind and can make millions in that position but I wouldn't hire him to run a program. He's a disaster.

Agree with this. Funny thing is he could make a ton of money as an OC, and likely be happier there. But his ego would want to be HC again, and he's proven time and time again that he can't sustain success as a HC at any job.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Agree with this. Funny thing is he could make a ton of money as an OC, and likely be happier there. But his ego would want to be HC again, and he's proven time and time again that he can't sustain success as a HC at any job.
Looking back...hindsight being 20/20...he should have stayed at Louisville the first go around. He'd probably have the field named after him at this point. Think the only thing he's has named in his honor is a cliff in the Ozarks of Arkansas.

Well Willie Taggart started Quinton Flowers at U.S.F who saved his job, got him the Oregon job and on his way to Florida St. Well even though he STILL had a losing record.

He needs to go personal lower profile and yes, being an OC at a major school seems the play.

He needs to go personal lower profile and yes, being an OC at a major school seems the play.

I wouldn’t put him in charge of my offense. Maybe he can be Michigan’s receiver coach if Harbaugh cans tubby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT