ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Ogre has the LSU ship righted

-MDVOL

Bull Gator
Nov 1, 2013
They had 416 yards rushing tonight against Mizzu

And Fornette had only 12 of those yards.

Nearly 640 yards of total LSU offense. Them Bayou Bungles might not be that automatic victory that so many here were commenting on

This is why you don't fire a guy mid season. If the guy goes on a tear they're going to get stuck with him. Who was it Bill Stewart that won a big bowl game and then WVU felt like they had to hire him?

They just showed exactly why he was fired tonight. They did things he's never come close to doing in the FIRST game without him. Miles was a bum and everyone should have known that, that's why no one ever wanted them to get rid of him. LSU with any decent coach is a problem

They just showed exactly why he was fired tonight. They did things he's never come close to doing in the FIRST game without him. Miles was a bum and everyone should have known that, that's why no one ever wanted them to get rid of him. LSU with any decent coach is a problem

What I meant is that it seems like a lot of times teams rally around the new guy. If they get hot and go 8-0 or 7-1 under him there's going to be pressure to give him the gig and I can't imagine that's who they really want. I mean to go from possibly landing Tom Herman to Ed Orgeron would be a kick in the pills, right? Isn't this what happened at West Virginia with Stewart? Had a big win and then the pressure forced them in to making him the guy.

You'd be amazed how many LSU fans overreacted tonight and think it should be an option already lol. I saw it from all of them actually, some even putting him 2nd on the list if they can't get Herman, I think that's stupid for the reasons you said.

What I meant is that it seems like a lot of times teams rally around the new guy. If they get hot and go 8-0 or 7-1 under him there's going to be pressure to give him the gig and I can't imagine that's who they really want. I mean to go from possibly landing Tom Herman to Ed Orgeron would be a kick in the pills, right? Isn't this what happened at West Virginia with Stewart? Had a big win and then the pressure forced them in to making him the guy.
Yep, I agree with this. The troops are rallying around him now, but give him the gig full time and you will be missing Miles.

Nearly 640 yards of total LSU offense. Them Bayou Bungles might not be that automatic victory that so many here were commenting on

Not that I ever posted it on here but he only reason I thought we had a "great" chance was because Miles has always had issues with us at home, even when they had the players to win the Natty. Now that he's gone, the X factor is out. LSU has better athletes than most teams in the SEC and always does.

Miles won a NC and coached the Tigers to another NC game. He might not have been great, but he's still 10x better than Ed Orgeron. Add in the fact that Miles always burned us continuously on fake FGs and that x factor is now out as well.

Clueless, as usual.

Orgeron is good at one thing. The emotional speech. He got them amped up for a night game at home. Can he do it again for a noon game at Florida? I doubt it.

Clueless, as usual.

Orgeron is good at one thing. The emotional speech. He got them amped up for a night game at home. Can he do it again for a noon game at Florida? I doubt it.

I pointed out that he changed the Offense and WITHOUT Fornette amassed nearly 650 yards of offense. Not something Miles and his OC did or could have done. That's all And Mizzu ain't as bad as they were last year. If Vandy can give you fits, Mizzu can beat you if you let them.

Recall that he went 7-1 at USC after Kiffrat was yanked off the bus and fired. Judging him by his Ole Siss performance is foolish. LSU has the Horses. Their over all talent is equal or nearly equal to that of Bammer. Your's is not. ( and before you get your panties in a wad, neither are our's) You don't have to be a genius coach when you have superior individual talent. You can win 10 games every year. Fulmer, Richt and Miles all proved that.

Miles won a NC and coached the Tigers to another NC game. He might not have been great, but he's still 10x better than Ed Orgeron. Add in the fact that Miles always burned us continuously on fake FGs and that x factor is now out as well.

He's not worse than Miles if he keeps letting the staff actually do what they want, especially on offense while he just manages the players as a players coach.. In one game he's shown how easy it is to win at LSU with that roster doing that so far...

I pointed out that he changed the Offense and WITHOUT Fornette amassed nearly 650 yards of offense. Not something Miles and his OC did or could have done. That's all And Mizzu ain't as bad as they were last year. If Vandy can give you fits, Mizzu can beat you if you let them.

Recall that he went 7-1 at USC after Kiffrat was yanked off the bus and fired. Judging him by his Ole Siss performance is foolish. LSU has the Horses. Their over all talent is equal or nearly equal to that of Bammer. Your's is not. ( and before you get your panties in a wad, neither are our's) You don't have to be a genius coach when you have superior individual talent. You can win 10 games every year. Fulmer, Richt and Miles all proved that.

he was 6-2 at USC

he's had a slightly sprained ankle all year and re-aggravated it game before last. Trust me, he is still a bad ass.

I'm aware.

In fact, im rather on your side.

There's been the negative group that looks at your last game and says "and they did that with Fournette only getting 12 yards! Imagine what will happen if they ride him against us."

The Ogre did the same thing at USC as interim coach, they played like hell on an emotional high first game then faded as the season went on. He's a big-time motivator but I'm not sure he can sustain that over a season

The Ogre did the same thing at USC as interim coach, they played like hell on an emotional high first game then faded as the season went on. He's a big-time motivator but I'm not sure he can sustain that over a season

Really?

Lost the 2nd game as USC head coach at South Bend to Notre Dame 14-10, upset # 5 Stanford but lost to #22 UCLA in the next to last game.

Beat #20 Fresno State in the last game.

UCLA was the only "Fade"

I despise the man and think he is a slimeball worthy of the 1990's Alabama Staff. But he did manage to take what Kiffrat had squandered and get them competitive.

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT