ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO....Driskel in 6 games this year....

Rushie

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2002
....has more passing yards than in any full year he was at Florida. Guess not really a surprise as he played less than 3 games in 2013 and split time with Harris last year, but that was still nauseating to hear.

Reactions: Tuscan Gator
Some here will tell you that he can only look good against "lesser competition." Today he does it against MSU. You'll hear "MSU Sucks" in 3...2...1....

Those folks on this board who are realists know that the point has long since been made. Our talent was completely wasted and mismanaged under you know who...

Imagine what Mac could have done with Driskel.

Reactions: BringBackBonner
And he's still completing 5 yard screens that get yac yardage.. Do you guys watch these games?

Some here will tell you that he can only look good against "lesser competition." Today he does it against MSU. You'll hear "MSU Sucks" in 3...2...1....

Those folks on this board who are realists know that the point has long since been made. Our talent was completely wasted and mismanaged under you know who...

Imagine what Mac could have done with Driskel.
The negative narrative about Driskel doesn't fit with the current unavoidable evidence. Offensive talent completely withered on the vine during the Muschamp years. We've even discovered talent that has been sitting dormant and undeveloped once chump left. No doubt Muschamp cost many kids the opportunity to make money at the next level.

He's dumber at reading coverages than most QB's by far
Man I know you don't like Driskel, but it's not like there isn't a history of QBs leaving Florida and doing well other places. I think you need to allow for the possibility that he is in fact better than he showed at UF. If he can't read coverages it may not be because he lacks the mental capacity. It may simply be because of 4 years of inept coaching and improper handling. Look at how much he's progressed in less than a year. Consider how much coaching had to be done just to get him back yo square one. Who knows what he could have been with 4 or 5 years on a team with a real coach.
I have an unnatural and unhealthy hatred for muschamp but I just can't see hating on a player that never gotten in trouble and is an honor student. At least he never embarrassed us off the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadgator
It's not about liking him.. I judge all the players the same, If I saw other players as bad and consistently awful mentally like him I'd call him the worst ive ever seen play as well.. The only QB ive ever seen worse than him is the QB that played for UK in like 2012.

It almost appears to me as if some posters seem disappointed with any success Driskel has had since leaving UF. His success does not fit their distorted narrative. Are people so dead set in their conclusions that they are unable to acknowledge evidence to the contrary? Are their egos so tied up in their unwavering opinions that they can't congratulate Jeff for his accomplishment for fear it damages their credibility? Pontificating against reality in the face of credible evidence at the expense of a decent young man is sad.

It almost appears to me as if some posters seem disappointed with any success Driskel has had since leaving UF. His success does not fit their distorted narrative. Are people so dead set in their conclusions that they are unable to acknowledge evidence to the contrary? Are their egos so tied up in their unwavering opinions that they can't congratulate Jeff for his accomplishment for fear it damages their credibility? Pontificating against reality in the face of credible evidence at the expense of a decent young man is sad.

Q...F...T

Driskel is better now than when he was at UF. He just didn't get better by changing schools and he just didn't all of a sudden get developed. He's now playing in an actual offense that actually tries and scores points. The philosophy on offense under Muschamp was so bad that it made all of our offensive players look worse than they really are.
Do any of you think Harris or Grier would have been successful under Muschamp? No freakin way. At least now Grier and Harris have a chance to be succesful under the current regime.

Reactions: sadgator
Driskel is better now than when he was at UF. He just didn't get better by changing schools and he just didn't all of a sudden get developed. He's now playing in an actual offense that actually tries and scores points. The philosophy on offense under Muschamp was so bad that it made all of our offensive players look worse than they really are.
Do any of you think Harris or Grier would have been successful under Muschamp? No freakin way. At least now Grier and Harris have a chance to be succesful under the current regime.
100%

Very well articulated.

Whether he's better or not is irrelevant, just about anyone would look 'better' being out from under Muschamp.The question to be asked is if he's good, and the answer is still a resounding no. His completion % is lower than it has been at UF. He still isn't terribly efficient either, I think he's at 46th in the country for that and he's playing comp way worse than some of the people behind him. He's putting up average numbers because he's throwing it a million times a game against poor comp. For example, his 264 attempts through 7 games is more attempts than he's ever had in a season at UF. It's like some people just can't get over the fact that he wasn't gonna be some super stud here. Was he hurt by the system? Hell yea, but he hurt it just as much. When other QB's played they didn't look as incompetent as him. I don't understand the obsession. Yea, I mean the 18/32 performance against FIU or 28/48 performance against WKU was awesome! :rolleyes:

Whether he's better or not is irrelevant, just about anyone would look 'better' being out from under Muschamp.The question to be asked is if he's good, and the answer is still a resounding no. His completion % is lower than it has been at UF. He still isn't terribly efficient either, I think he's at 46th in the country for that and he's playing comp way worse than some of the people behind him. He's putting up average numbers because he's throwing it a million times a game against poor comp. For example, his 264 attempts through 7 games is more attempts than he's ever had in a season at UF. It's like some people just can't get over the fact that he wasn't gonna be some super stud here. Was he hurt by the system? Hell yea, but he hurt it just as much. When other QB's played they didn't look as incompetent as him. I don't understand the obsession. Yea, I mean the 18/32 performance against FIU or 28/48 performance against WKU was awesome! :rolleyes:
Disagree. Every QB looked incompetent under Muschamp. They all "looked" better at the school they transferred to than here at UF. There is a reason for that. None of Driskel, Murphy or Brissett are that good of QBs, but they all looked better in their new places.

Reactions: Rushie
Brissett never played enough here to really see one way or the other. When Murphy was first inserted he was noticeably better and our PPG took a jump until he injured his shoulder and his performance fell of a cliff. You don't even have to go that far back to see a noticeable difference in the offense ran by Driskel and ran by other QB's. Treon isn't all that good yet last year as soon as he was inserted the offense became noticeably better too. The most damning example is the UT game. We're getting shut out through 4 quarters, a true freshman goes in, we instantly score 10 and sneak away with a win. The offense averaged 28.7 ppg with him last year as opposed to vs. 31.8 with Treon, and that's with Driskel having the benefit of the 65-0 game vs. EMU. Why is it that even with as bad as Muschamp was, no other QB looked as bad as he did here? I could keep going. He hurt the offense as much as the offense hurt him, he just flat out isn't good. Idk why people can't accept that. You can realize that Muschamp hurt him while also accepting that he just didn't have it to be good here.

Brissett never played enough here to really see one way or the other. When Murphy was first inserted he was noticeably better and our PPG took a jump until he injured his shoulder and his performance fell of a cliff. You don't even have to go that far back to see a noticeable difference in the offense ran by Driskel and ran by other QB's. Treon isn't all that good yet last year as soon as he was inserted the offense became noticeably better too. The most damning example is the UT game. We're getting shut out through 4 quarters, a true freshman goes in, we instantly score 10 and sneak away with a win. The offense averaged 28.7 ppg with him last year as opposed to vs. 31.8 with Treon, and that's with Driskel having the benefit of the 65-0 game vs. EMU. Why is it that even with as bad as Muschamp was, no other QB looked as bad as he did here? I could keep going. He hurt the offense as much as the offense hurt him, he just flat out isn't good. Idk why people can't accept that. You can realize that Muschamp hurt him while also accepting that he just didn't have it to be good here.
Driskel wasn't very good here. Brissett and Murphy weren't very good here either. All 3 of them were better at their new places. Period.

My lucky game apparel is much more effective under Mac than it was under Muschamp. Not sure why, though.
You probably washed the Muschamp funk off thus greatly improving your lucky game day apparels effectiveness.

Driskel wasn't very good here. Brissett and Murphy weren't very good here either. All 3 of them were better at their new places. Period.

Based on what? Brissett threw all of 35 passes the year he transferred out of here.

His numbers were exactly 23/35, 65.7%, 249 yards, 1 TD, which aren't bad by any stretch. How is that enough of a sample size for you to determine he 'wasn't good, period'? And Tyler Murphy was completing 78% of his passes with 4 TD to 1 INT the two games before blowing out his shoulder against LSU. How exactly is that bad? The only QB who was consistently bad was Driskel. But it doesn't fit the narrative that mean ole Muschamp ruined him.

Are there not a lot of examples of very successful QBs that have exhibited limited intelligence?

I'm pretty sure Bradshaw and Favre aren't rocket scientists. JD just didn't seem to have the "it" factor when the lights come on. He has the physical tools to be a great college QB, but the game was too fast for him.

I'm pretty sure Bradshaw and Favre aren't rocket scientists. JD just didn't seem to have the "it" factor when the lights come on. He has the physical tools to be a great college QB, but the game was too fast for him.
Agree with all that.

Not sure JD has the ability to process the game. But that does not mean he is not smart. Doug Johnson had the same problem and he was very bright.

I find it very hard to be very smart but incapable of reading a college defense, it's never made any sense.

Eventually you'll get to the zen state I'm at with Chris Rix and Xavier Lee. They had enormous physical gifts. I don't know how good they could have been with proper development. Jeff Bowden never developed anyone. They never stood a chance.

I find it very hard to be very smart but incapable of reading a college defense, it's never made any sense.
Doug Johnson could not read a zone defense to save his life. It was a problem for him in college and the pros.

What are the YAC yards for LA Tech this year?

AS you can see Driskel still is not completing the ball down the field from these stats

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/511889/jeff-driskel

His avg long pass per game against lesser foes is in the 20 and 30 yard marks
don-nelson.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT