ADVERTISEMENT

Football Lane Kiffin on why Arch Manning is not at Ole Miss

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
Watch this video and you will understand that Kiffin is an idiot. He states the # 1 driver on where a kid goes to play football is NIL dollars (certainly true at times). And then he states some players want to go somewhere else to establish their own identity (also at times correct) but then he gives an example as Peyton Manning choosing to go to UT instead of Ole Miss.
I know for a fact that is bullshit. Peyton Manning was set to go to Ole Miss and throw to his older brother Cooper (Arch's father) who was a wide receiver at Ole Miss. Cooper developed tingling in his hands and fingers after practice and was diagnosed by the Mayo Clinic to have cervical stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal cord in the neck and was informed he could no longer play football. So the Mannings then chose Tennessee for Peyton because Cutliff was the QB coach. So Peyton didn't go to UT to do "his own thing" he went there because Cooper was no longer playing at Ole Miss and the Mannings thought he would be better coached at UT.
When it came to Eli, Ole Miss hired Cutliff as HC so Eli went to Ole Miss. I would have to say the Mannings made great decisions with both Eli and Peyton.
If anybody thinks Arch went to Texas because of the money.....well you just don't know Ole Miss football or the Mannings, (and yes I knew Archie and Olivia pretty well at Ole Miss). Whatever Arch is making at Texas is insignificant to the Manning family. Arch went to Texas because of the coaching: Sark and QB coach A J Milwee. Period.
Bottom line is the Mannings did not think Kiffin was the guy to coach Arch at Ole Miss, so what on earth makes anyone think he is the right guy to coach UF?
Before everyone starts bitching at me, watch this video. Kiffin sounds like an insecure salesman whose pitch for Arch fell short and he can't admit it was because the Mannings did not want Arch to play for him. The Mannings are loyal as hell to Ole Miss and Kiffin couldn't close the deal. Imagine if SOS or Tebow had a son or grandson that was a stud HS QB and the UF coach could not land him. How would you feel about that coach?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.