ADVERTISEMENT

Kool Aid and Sunshine

cmgator

Gator Great
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2002
Whelp, I bought into the hype and it all came crashing down. I'm not even mad anymore, just resigned which is sad.

Issue & Solutions:

Issue
Expected Mertz to have a great game. Love the kid but could not connect on long throws. Missed key reads. Threw into traffic.
Solution
Mertz has a concussion. Start Lagway and ride him the rest of the way. I am sorry for Graham, but these kids get paid and they are adults. The only way to bring some life into this team and program is with DJ but unfortunately, preacher Billy will put Mertz back in even if Lagway lights it up.

Issue
OL was awful
Solution
I don't have one. Maybe rotate new players in there are put Hayden on the right side and play with basically 6 OL.

Issue
WR's don't seem to be open.
Solution
How about stop throwing so many crossing routes? Spread the offense and let DJ play QB. Mertz does not have the zip on the ball to make the throws Ward was making yesterday.

Issue
Defense
Solution - Again. No idea. I am shocked we could not get any pressure up front. Miami may have the best OL we play all year, but come on. Also, stop playing zone. Let our corners play man. I think the LB's are much improved, they just had OL hitting them.

Special Teams - crazy, but one of the lone bright spots. Crenshaw was amazing.

Issue
Billy is our coach
Solution
He is going no where. Too much money. SS needs to tell him to give up OL play calling. Billy is a great person, but he does not appear to be a really good coach, motivator, etc..

Reactions: Gators2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.