ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Bryant to UF?

if he is better than Franks we should pursue him for his season he has left.

Oh lord. Y'all said this same thing last year with Zaire how'd that work out? The program doesn't need 1 year gap fillers. And besides that, Bryant threw for 13 TD's last year and 8 INT's on a stacked Clemson team. And that was in 14 games. So he threw for less than 1 TD per game. He sucks.

I don't think he's bad. He threw for 2,800 yards. Ran for 700. Scored 11 tds rushing. Completes 65%+ of his passes. Dan knows if the young guys can really play. If so, I wouldn't want them sitting for a stopgap. But if they can't, I'd take him.

Oh lord. Y'all said this same thing last year with Zaire how'd that work out? The program doesn't need 1 year gap fillers. And besides that, Bryant threw for 13 TD's last year and 8 INT's on a stacked Clemson team. And that was in 14 games. So he threw for less than 1 TD per game. He sucks.

backhand-index-pointing-up.png

Meanwhile Franks is 12 TDs to 2 Ints in four games. (12 is tied for first in the conference with Tua).
Develop, develop, develop.

Well one of the transfers got us wins here and Franks hasn't exactly looked good playing the position. Heck with some of the talk about Franks prior to last season he should be in the Heisman conversation about now.

backhand-index-pointing-up.png

Meanwhile Franks is 12 TDs to 2 Ints in four games. (12 is tied for first in the conference with Tua).
Develop, develop, develop.

lol Yep with Mullen purposely pumping his numbers up playing BIG 12 calls near the end zone instead of pounding it in. I hope he improves a lot moving ahead but Franks still looks like one of the most limited QBs in the SEC.

I don't think he's bad. He threw for 2,800 yards. Ran for 700. Scored 11 tds rushing. Completes 65%+ of his passes. Dan knows if the young guys can really play. If so, I wouldn't want them sitting for a stopgap. But if they can't, I'd take him.

Bryant should have just stayed at Clemson and tried to win a national title there.

Well one of the transfers got us wins here and Franks hasn't exactly looked good playing the position. Heck with some of the talk about Franks prior to last season he should be in the Heisman conversation about now.

What???

lol Yep with Mullen purposely pumping his numbers up playing BIG 12 calls near the end zone instead of pounding it in. I hope he improves a lot moving ahead but Franks still looks like one of the most limited QBs in the SEC.
We were in goal line offense and passed to the FB. Does Big 12 offenses ever use a fullback?

If we would have pounded it in every time you would be saying we are running an outdated Muschamp or Alabama calls.

Reactions: GatorGray
We were in goal line offense and passed to the FB. Does Big 12 offenses ever use a fullback?

If we would have pounded it in every time you would be saying we are running an outdated Muschamp or Alabama calls.

Nope just saying a bunch of those TDs were Mullen trying to build his confidence up with the down and distance from the goal line. It reminded me of how many Big 12 teams boost the QB TD numbers by passing on early downs there instead of just seeing if you can pound it in first. I have a feeling Mullen will stop that now that we are playing tough opponents until they show us they are stuffing the run down there.

LOL@ building his confidence throws. You people will complain about or just make up any old bullshit to push a narrative. We had just gotten stuffed on the goaline like three straight plays, we tried running it in. One of those runs got overturned. We then call a basic fullback flare for a TD pass and it’s a building his confidence call...not just trying to score. Apparently Franks is the only QB who throws near the goaline.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
LOL@ building his confidence throws. You people will complain about or just make up any old bullshit to push a narrative. We had just gotten stuffed on the goaline like three straight plays, we tried running it in. One of those runs got overturned. We then call a basic fullback flare for a TD pass and it’s a building his confidence call...not just trying to score. Apparently Franks is the only QB who throws near the goaline.

It was really obvious that first game against that FCS team. Looking back at the situations it wasn't quite as many as I thought. Three in that first game and one other one where I think we would have ran the ball that down if not for him wanting to build Franks confidence. Most of those games are gone now except for Idaho so it will be what it is from now on.

It was really obvious that first game against that FCS team. Looking back at the situations it wasn't quite as many as I thought. Three in that first game and one other one where I think we would have ran the ball that down if not for him wanting to build Franks confidence. Most of those games are gone now except for Idaho so it will be what it is from now on.

Frank's 5 TD's against Charleston Southern were:

1. Screen off an RPO that went for 34.
2. 6 YD TD to Jefferson, he had 3 straight passes down there to even get us that close so it's not like he got a cheap TD.
3. 6 YD TD to Hammond, we ran to the 1 then got a false start which backed us up which is why we passed. And we weren't running well. At that point we had 89 rushing yards, and Franks had 23 of those. So we had 66 rushing yards by our backs against that team up to that point which was pathetic, so we threw.
4. 3 YD TD to Cleveland. And again he passed us all the way down there. Before that TD he had completions of 12, 11, 3, and 30 and also had an 11 yard scramble. The only reason we were even that close was because of him, so not some cheap confidence building TD.
5. 3 YD TD to Jefferson. Another drive where he passed us down there with completions of 12 and 18 yards the previous plays.

Has nothing to do with building confidence or getting cheap TD's.

UK: His TD's were from 18 yards and 4 yards, the last one coming after he had driven us 99 yards.
Colorado St.: 18 and 38 yards out.
UT: 1 and 65 yards out. And the 1 came after his pass to Swain got us down there. Then we got stuffed on a run. So we passed.

The facts don't support you. By this logic, any QB who throws inside the 20 is getting cheap confidence building TD's. Y'all will literally say anything to discredit anything good he does.

2. 6 YD TD to Jefferson, he had 3 straight passes down there to even get us that close so it's not like he got a cheap TD.
3. 6 YD TD to Hammond, we ran to the 1 then got a false start which backed us up which is why we passed. And we weren't running well. At that point we had 89 rushing yards, and Franks had 23 of those. So we had 66 rushing yards by our backs against that team up to that point which was pathetic, so we threw.
4. 3 YD TD to Cleveland. And again he passed us all the way down there. Before that TD he had completions of 12, 11, 3, and 30 and also had an 11 yard scramble. The only reason we were even that close was because of him, so not some cheap confidence building TD.
5. 3 YD TD to Jefferson. Another drive where he passed us down there with completions of 12 and 18 yards the previous plays.

UK: His TD's were from 18 yards and 4 yards, the last one coming after he had driven us 99 yards.
UT: 1 and 65 yards out. And the 1 came after his pass to Swain got us down there. Then we got stuffed on a run. So we passed.

The facts don't support you. By this logic, any QB who throws inside the 20 is getting cheap confidence building TD's. Y'all will literally say anything to discredit anything good he does.

By y'all, you mean the resident doom and groomer who hates everything.

He literally can't stand that Mullen has somehow made Franks better.

Goes against everything he's turned himself into as a BONG wannabe.

By y'all, you mean the resident doom and groomer who hates everything.

He literally can't stand that Mullen has somehow made Franks better.

Goes against everything he's turned himself into as a BONG wannabe.
Got to be honest...Franks is doing better than I would have thought so far. Still got some tough games ahead of us but he's progressed more in 4 games than the last 2 years.

Watch Trevor Lawrence sprain an ankle this week...

Midway through the 2nd quarter, he took a huge shot. Went to the tent, and they took away his helmet. Not sure if he will be back for the second half.

We never throw on 1st down against joke opponents at the 3 yard line on first down that I remember. We also never do it on 2nd down right by the goal line after taking the ball up the middle with ease the play before.

If you can show me in recent years where we did that against the joke early opponents instead of trying to run in it in first I would like to see it.

Well at least it let Franks go to the soccer game later and brag about his 5 TD passes against Charleston Southern.

We never throw on 1st down against joke opponents at the 3 yard line on first down that I remember. We also never do it on 2nd down right by the goal line after taking the ball up the middle with ease the play before.

If you can show me in recent years where we did that against the joke early opponents instead of trying to run in it in first I would like to see it.

Recent years?

With an entirely different coaching staff?

Good call there buddy.

Recent years?

With an entirely different coaching staff?

Good call there buddy.

Just saying you don't see it done by SEC teams that much. Its usually those air attack heavy big 12 type offenses that would be more likely to do that as a normal call. He was clearly trying to build Franks confidence with that play calling.

Well at least it let Franks go to the soccer game later and brag about his 5 TD passes against Charleston Southern.

Wth is this supposed to even mean? I highly doubt you’ve scouted how often we threw on 2nd and 3rd down in years past. And I damn well know you haven’t done that for other QB’s around the country either. So unless you can show me Franks is getting more cheap TD’s than any other QB this is just more bullshit. Not to mention throwing on first down if you do is the best down to do it because everybody is expecting run. This entire argument is literally retarded as ****. Quit making stuff up and move on.

Syracuse blows a great opportunity to upset #3 Clemson. Somehow, Clemson rallies for the 27-23 win.

Still, is Clemson a stronger team now or before when Bryant was still with that team?

Syracuse blows a great opportunity to upset #3 Clemson. Somehow, Clemson rallies for the 27-23 win.

Still, is Clemson a stronger team now or before when Bryant was still with that team?

I mean...they looked pretty good once their third string freshman QB got his feet under him.

Reactions: ceilo77 and rdgtr

And we usually lost. :D

Reactions: PacoGator19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT